Kenny Britt Thinks The Rams Can Have One Of The Best Receiver Corps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Trying to be the best is hard - especially when you have been one of the worst for a while - but the Rams receiving corp will try to become the best in the league.

Last season the St. Louis Rams passing game was in the bottom of the league, but one player thinks that they can turn it all around. Newcomer veteran wide receiver Kenny Britt boasted to the media that he thinks the receivers can be the best in the league.

I'm saying right now, one of the best in the league," Britt said. "If we get this offense down pat, and we're on the same page as Sam, I say we can be in the best in the league because of the things that we're doing and the way we mix up our receivers."

Coming from a player that hasn't been productive in two seasons, it's hard to really think it's possible. Hell the Rams haven't had a receiver top 700 receiving yards in years, and by all accounts the Rams will be a running team this season. Although Britt is right about the Rams having different types of receivers, like the big bodied-underachiever Brian Quick and the college playmaker Tavon Austin, or the former starter Chris Given's, the deep threat has falling from starter to third string. The Rams have difdee types of receivers alright, it just remains to be seen if they can put it all together.

Even though it's hard to believe that the Rams receivers will be amongst the top units in the lead, it's great to hear that they aren't scared to have high goals, now they just have to reach them.

small_turfshowtimes.com.minimal.png

More from Turf Show Times

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/8...-rams-can-have-one-of-the-best-receiver-corps

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Let's wear them down with Stacy, then bust them open with Austin on a deep crossing route. Once the safeties creep up, throw it over the top.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
We do have every kind of rec.,playcalling and execution and we could put up some numbers, gotta love the guys confidence

Tweed335

UDFA
Ok, perhaps Britt may have engaged in a bit of optimistic hyperbole; however the author does the same thing on the other end of the spectrum.

Not that I think every journalist needs to be cream puff, but damn...Can we get a little love considering our player's growth, experience, and physical ability. If my fandom was based on previous seasons, as a Rams fan for the past decade, then I'd be writing about how 'Britt thinks (this) but he's clearly out of his mind, because Sean McDonald never lived up to his hype.'

or

"No need to consider the Rams as a contender, Dick Vermeil left over a decade ago, and they have no shot."

So when can we expect Britt's suspension to be announced? If he thinks we can have one of the best receiver corps he's clearly been taking some recreational drug. Mediocrity would be such a major improvement.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to pull my hair out if we have anymore "3rd and 8" run plays for 2 yards and have to punt on a regular basis because Schotty is not utilizing the receiving corps talent we have assembled. Kurt Warner has even pointed out the need for Sam to take some shots downfield. I hope we open up the pass playbook when we need to and not be so conservative. We are a smashmouth running team, I get it, but I really hope we pass more when it's 2nd and 15.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to pull my hair out if we have anymore "3rd and 8" run plays for 2 yards and have to punt on a regular basis because Schotty is not utilizing the receiving corps talent we have assembled. Kurt Warner has even pointed out the need for Sam to take some shots downfield. I hope we open up the pass playbook when we need to and not be so conservative. We are a smashmouth running team, I get it, but I really hope we pass more when it's 2nd and 15.

I agree 100%. Schotty comes from a bloodline of bad play callers. No imaginative calls or thought processes.