Kendricks bad day or chronic case of the drops.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Think maybe we're being a little harsh on Kendricks.Not a bad drop rate at all.especially for a blocking tight end.Seems the man had a bad day more so than a habit.these are 2014 stats.Cant attest to the accuracy of this chart.let me know if they pass the eye test

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/
Drops Leaders 2014
Rank Player Pos Team Receptions Drops Targets Targets % Drop %
36 Jared Cook TE STL 52 5 99 52.5% 5.1%
117 Tavon Austin WR STL 31 3 44 70.5% 6.8%
127 Kenny Britt WR STL 48 2 84 57.1% 2.4%
128 Zac Stacy RB STL 18 2 23 78.3% 8.7%
134 Austin Pettis WR STL 12 2 18 66.7% 11.1%
145 Tre Mason RB STL 16 2 26 61.5% 7.7%
172 Stedman Bailey WR STL 30 2 46 65.2% 4.4%
179 Lance Kendricks TE STL 27 1 38 71.1% 2.6%
236 Brian Quick WR STL 25 1 39 64.1% 2.6%
337 Chris Givens WR STL 11 0 20 55.0% 0.0%
351 Trey Watts RB STL 3 0 4 75. 0% 0.0%
366 Benny Cunningham RB STL 45 0 53 84.9% 0.0%
395 Cory Harkey TE STL 8 0 11 72.7% 0.0%

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's the drops at certain times that people remember.

Me personally; I never considered Kendricks hands bad.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yep, definitely comes down to "when" those drops happen, just like with penalties. Cook's drop in the endzone last year for example. Or Kendricks' drop yesterday. Those types of mistakes can just deflate a team in a hard-fought, tight game.

Every time I start to think maybe Cook is turning the corner he regresses. Almost burned a jersey of his yesterday, not kidding. I was that pi$$ed.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm not sure who "we" are, but I've always thought of him as a good hands guy...

RamsFan14

Starter
I remember his first game in the NFL against the Eagles... Dropped a potential TD... So perhaps that image has stuck with me because he had a bad first NFL game. So whenever he does drop passes, the thought of his unsure hands always pops up in my head. Kendricks has gotten better over the years, and just when I'm ready to give him credit for his improved hands... There's that drop the next week! I swear, it happens too much lol.

To answer the question: I think he has average hands. Not good, not bad either.

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure who "we" are, but I've always thought of him as a good hands guy...
we means some of us,as in some of the ram fanbase .sorry if you got the feeling i was pointing a stick at you

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, definitely comes down to "when" those drops happen, just like with penalties. Cook's drop in the endzone last year for example. Or Kendricks' drop yesterday. Those types of mistakes can just deflate a team in a hard-fought, tight game.

Every time I start to think maybe Cook is turning the corner he regresses. Almost burned a jersey of his yesterday, not kidding. I was that pi$$ed.

yep,I definitely would've been pourin the gas to it after you lit it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's not a dude who drops a lot of passes, but at the same time, he doesn't get a ton thrown his way. I don't have a problem with the occasional drop, because all receivers do it, but damn man ... stop doing it when you're open by a country mile. Relax a little when you find yourself in that situation and let it sink into your hands. Stop face-catching shit. lol.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Cook drops the most balls... uncontested balls. Kendricks has decent hands je just dropped one.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd rather us dump Cook and go to Kendricks even more. Cook infuriated me last game. In one series on three consecutive plays, he managed to fail to block for Mason, false start, then run a lazy ass pattern to the corner of the end zone. I usually give players a few chances of shitty play, even to a fault, before giving up on them and that time has come with Cook. His inconsistency is mind boggling. More often than not he has minimal value to this team and may be more of a detriment. I wish we could trade him tomorrow. With that said, he will probably have a monster game against the Cards this week.

Memphis Ram

Legend
As stated earlier, the drops are far more noticeable when you have fewer targets and little attention from opposing defenses.

Quite frankly, I believe & believed that the team made two mistakes with these vastly overpaid players at TE. But, they're Rams now, so Go Team.:unsure:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We are stuck with these guys....And not in a bad way. Kendricks was known for drops his first year, then shook that label. It started up again this preseason....Definitely a lack of concentration. And it needs to stop. As our offense isn't, like clicking on all cylinders....We need every crumb...every play...they appear to be the only receivers open consistently.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Honestly, I don't care if he drops every pass but the one that puts us on PITT's 10 yard line. That was a huge play, and he just straight flubbed it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kendricks is alright. But that Drop Sunday made me Ill!!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I didn't get to see the game or the dropped pass but I always thought Kendricks has had good hands in past years.

This year seems different. Going back to training camp in August we heard reports of him dropping footballs every day. His head just doesn't seem completely in it yet.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anyone else notice that Kendricks had no idea where the ball was on the interception . That's a little troubling to me . He could have at least tried to break it up but I don't think he had a clue

F. Mulder

Starter
He is the epitome of this team IMO. He can look borderline-all pro one week in his blocking and/or receiving and other weeks look like he spent too long at a Gratelful Dead concert. Same with Cook. Hell, same with a lot of players. The young ones you hope establish consistency but guys like Kendricks, Cook, Jenkins (double moves and poor tackling), et al drive me nuts. At some point, during a game, you need your guy to do his job. With Kendricks messing up not 1, but 2 pass plays, with Cook not running past the sticks and frankly being invisible in a game that he should have done much better in, etc you end up with "would have" "could have" "should haves".

It's a very frustrating team to watch given the alleged talent they have acquired.

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
I remember his first game in the NFL against the Eagles... Dropped a potential TD... So perhaps that image has stuck with me.

To answer the question: I think he has average hands. Not good, not bad either.

Ugg, I vividly remember that one as well!

As our offense isn't, like clicking on all cylinders....We need every crumb...every play...they appear to be the only receivers open consistently.
^^^^^^ So much of this!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Last season I was all about Kendricks being reliable. In TC he had an early streak of drops but then corrected it. Now he's dropping again. We already have a Cook. We don't need another one.

I can't explain why the guy who has zero drops this season had zero targets or the guy with the highest YPC had no runs.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The guy's never been sure handed, everyone just got themselves thinking this because he's the 'anti-Cook'. So he's inherently better at everything Cook does so there's some sort of standard that Cook isn't meeting. Kind of like the late 2000s where all our loser backups were QB gods in the waiting because they weren't Bulger.

Everybody says, but he didn't have that many drops the last few seasons, that's because he was barely involved at all. The guy only had 38 targets last year, 46 the year before that.

When he had 64 targets in 2012 he dropped 4 passes, 2011 59 and 3 drops, now he's on pace to be targeted more than any point in time in his career and to shatter his own drop record. He's not sure handed the Rams just made sure to limit the ability he had to make mistakes.

No offense to Kendricks, the guy is what he is, but he is by no means sure handed.