Kendall Blanton Elevated From Practice Squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Neither are inline TEs. The comp is to Blanton, not them. Those 2 are basically big WRs.

Ironically, Blanton started as a receiving tight end at Mizzou. He became a team player and let Albert Okwuegbunam (currently with Denver) take the receiving snaps. Instead, Blanton did blocking for running backs and quarterbacks alike, serving as an outlet receiver. But he's got receiving roots. He's an absolute team player, and I'm happy that he's finally getting snaps in the NFL.

Still, I want to see what Harris can do. I never had faith in Hopkins, but if he impresses, I'll be happy for him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I’m watching Higbee warm Blanton up for blocking.
Why is Hopkins wasting a roster spot?

Wow. Blanton looks hyped.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Time for a quick weather break...

dZhFMk4.gif

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
He won't he on the rams team next season. Hasn't developed. CUT ties

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Holy shit… have they run 12 personnel once??? Who would’ve thought losing a #2 TE would completely change the character of the offense?

They BETTER get a vet TE if they don’t trust the guys they have.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
We need to add a vet blocking TE. Fells?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve said it a bunch of times and I’ll say it again. What the hell is Hopkins still doing on the 53 if he can’t beat these guys out of a spot

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I forgot who posted it.. I think @Merlin ... Hopkins not being active at all early in the season said a lot to him. I thought it was just numbers.
Hopkins not being out there AND the Rams not even actually using Blanton are huge red flags. I don't think this offense is what we want to see without a reliable, second TE.
They didn't use 12 personnel AT ALL. And the run game sucked.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Multiple posts have been made about him not being active so I am not the only one seeing that. But in terms of thinking about the why he wants 12 sets out there...

If it is for run type situations primarily why not adjust with tackle-eligible packages. Defenses will adjust to that stuff with heavier groups but it would take a while for that to happen. Or take a guy like Anchrum and temporarily assign him a TE number and cycle him in liberally as needed.

If it is for mixing things up in the pass game and making the other team respond with a slower personnel group, Harris is the guy who offers the most juice for both explosive plays and consistent mismatches. Also where these guys line up has a big effect and they could easily stick Harris outside the hashes and have him run guys out of the play deep.

IMO the Rams are sitting on a guy who can help them in Harris. I don't know how confused he is about the playbook but at this point the way forward is pretty fucking clear. Maybe I'm nuts but I don't think so, my imaginary friends tell me I'm perfectly sane in fact.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just hope by the second half of the season Harris is ready for more snaps. None of the backups are very inspiring.