Kendall Blanton Elevated From Practice Squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just heard it on Foxsports 570am talking heads here in LA. Looks like he's getting the nod for Mundt's 2nd TE spot. (rams-wire.com)

Where art thou Brycen Hopkins?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good for Blanton. Means he's in the mix. We'll see who ends up being active though. If Hopkins can't get off that inactivity list this weekend you gotta wonder what's the point of having him on the roster. So I'm thinking Hopkins will be active.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Just heard it on Foxsports 570am talking heads here in LA. Looks like he's getting the nod for Mundt's 2nd TE spot. (rams-wire.com)

Where art thou Brycen Hopkins?
No surprise. But maybe Hopkins or Harris will get some snaps too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll be rooting for Blanton, since he's from Mizzou, but I'll be honest: I'd rather see Harris in that spot.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Blanton would likely be a superior blocker than Harris and Hopkins. Both Harris and Hopkins are mainstays on special teams, so I'd assume we'll see Blanton on 2 TE sets on offense.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Rams TE Kendall Blanton elevated from practice squad.

Those that follow the Rams closely, know this was the logical move to make after the loss of Mundt.

Hopkins and Blanton were the next TE's on the depth pecking order.

It will be interesting to see the snap counts Sunday for TE's not named Higbee.

OIP.7w_sgh7rbsQ7rHnN3JPZRQHaEP

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It is going to be interesting to see who is active; Hopkins or Blanton?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hopkins thing is weird. Maybe the underlying plan is to trade Higbee in the offseason and then throw all these TE's against the wall in '22 and see what sticks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Maybe. I honestly don't know what to expect with TE other than I think McVay wants more pass game flexibility there.

I'll say it feels like this offense needs another threat. Lot of defenses can deal with two weapons (Kupp & Woody). We need someone to step up to be a consistent passing game threat to complement them IMO. TE would be a nice spot to have that happen so hopefully in this window with Mundt out one of these younguns shows well.

I think Harris is the guy but it might end up being Hopkins who knows.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If it's not Hopkins, then why is he even on the roster? That would be a big problem, imo.
They both could be elevated,but Hopkins made the roster over Blanton
because of special teams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It is going to be interesting to see who is active; Hopkins or Blanton?

Well it’s National TE’s Day,so don’t be surprised if The Rams have 4 TE’s today.
The more interesting thing will be snap counts & how Mcvay will use these group today.

Like I’ve said since training camp that Blanton looked good going across the middle.I’m say he will have 1 or 2 catches for plus 15 yards in total.

Harris was Flying down the field on the Kickoff against the Giants.Dude is fast & could be in store for a few catches.He WILL get his 1st NFL receiption as a Ram at the very least.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That’s what I posted before final cuts. Hopkins was equal as a receiver but also made impact on teams.
What I don’t know is who is a more versatile blocker.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ben Sko has kept Hopkins out of game the game day roster.Joe D. Has Jake Funk & Johnny Mundt to replace on special teams.

The average fan doesn’t pay attention to a roster that really helps tell a story about a roster.I don’t know other teams,but have tried to follow
it.
Add J. Jones #44 will show up.Wondering about Chris Garrett #48.
He seems to be ready to go.

—Pisses me of Jones is not listed with a Jersey number,but has already been playing with the #44 .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt that because he hasn’t been active to play special teams. Harris and Skow have