Kelvin Benjamin At #13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If the Rams select Clowney or an OT with their #2 pick should they consider selecting WR Kelvin Benjamin with their 13th pick? I have to admit that I am an FSU fan so I am kind of biased but I think he is a really good WR/Athlete who will only rise up the draft charts as it gets closer to the Draft AND he is one big (app 6'5 and 235lbs) WR who should really help the Rams in the Redzone. I also think Sammy Watkins is a great WR and I will not be disappointed if the Rams pick him with their first pick (Either #2 or a trade down pick).

laramsoriginal

Starter
Super raw, very inconsistent pass catcher, not a blazer means Benjamin will be a second round pick at the very earliest

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

He won't go before Mike Evans or Jordan Matthews, and both of them will be available (I think) at 13. Echoing everyone else's comments, Benjamin is a 2nd- or 3rd-round prospect, depending on how teams' needs and boards fall.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This was the first year that he flashed what he can do. So perhaps he has a higher ceiling than most WRs in the draft, but he's still very raw.

Think of him as a more raw Cordarelle Patterson, and a huge risk to take him that early. We will see what his combine numbers are to see where he will fall, but I agree it's probably late 2nd right now.

faylan

UDFA
I wouldn't consider wr to be a first round need for this team. We need to find a way to run the ball better and cover larry fitzgerald.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I like Benjamin but I think there is a chance he's around later.

I like Benjamin more than Evans honestly, but based on perception I think Evans gets taken sooner.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I like Benjamin but I think there is a chance he's around later.

I like Benjamin more than Evans honestly, but based on perception I think Evans gets taken sooner.

I agree, Benjamin is much more physical than Evans. He also fights through first contact, unlike Evans who goes down constantly.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Mid 2nd rounder I would guess. He may rise to the top of the 2nd. I'd like to get him later in the 2nd if we trade down and get a couple of extra picks. I'm thinking if Sammy Watkins isn't our pick with one of our 1st rounders, I'm seeing OT/OG, CB, FS, or OLB with our first 3 picks.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Two words: Body catcher. That means balls tipped up in the air for INTs

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, Benjamin is much more physical than Evans. He also fights through first contact, unlike Evans who goes down constantly.

Maybe after the catch but Evans is much more physical when it matters the most. And that's while the ball is in the air. Evans bullies defenders while he's running his routes and when the ball is in the air. Benjamin doesn't.

As far as Evans not fighting through contact and going down "constantly", Evans averaged 8.5 yards AFTER catch in 2013.

And, of course, Benjamin had a drop rate over 9% while Evans's drop rate was at 3.5%.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Maybe after the catch but Evans is much more physical when it matters the most. And that's while the ball is in the air. Evans bullies defenders while he's running his routes and when the ball is in the air. Benjamin doesn't.

As far as Evans not fighting through contact and going down "constantly", Evans averaged 8.5 yards AFTER catch in 2013.

And, of course, Benjamin had a drop rate over 9% while Evans's drop rate was at 3.5%.

Good stuff. But, I still don't want Evans, I really don't want Benjamin either. We just don't have the need for these guys with Cook and Quick on the roster.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good stuff. But, I still don't want Evans, I really don't want Benjamin either. We just don't have the need for these guys with Cook and Quick on the roster.

I guess it depends on what you think of Quick. Personally, I don't want to rely on Quick. And Cook might be big...but he's far from physical or reliable.