Keenum in McVay’s Offense!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Hey Everybody!!!! Ever consider how great Case Keenum would be in McVay’s offense??? I mean... Case outplayed Jared last year... so maybe Case would have outplayed Jared this year, too!!! What a FUN scenario to think about!!! Guaranteed to spur lively debate about unprovable hypotheticals!!!!
Knowing the Buddha-like serenity of all posters, I’m sure debating this topic would NEVER cause any drama!!!!

:fuelfire: :dizzy::deadhorse::mrburnsevil: :hiding: :boxing: :rant: :headexplosion::fighting: :shooting:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Requesting no “serious” replies on this thread, just thought it was funny to think of a hypothetical topic that would turn into a dumpster fire almost instantly.

Maybe there are more heated debates lately cuz the Rams have spoiled us with three straight blowout victories and we have too much time on our hands.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It would have to be a different offense to compensate for Case not having as strong of an arm is Goff.

Less deep routes.
More crossing patterns and curls.
More hitting the running back out of the backfield.
More setup runs for Keenum on a scramble.
More bootlegs I would think.
Set up the run with the pass more often instead of vice versa.
JMO

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
being-sick-gif.gif

KayJay

Starter
It would have to be a different offense to compensate for Case not having as strong of an arm is Goff.

Less deep routes.
More crossing patterns and curls.
More hitting the running back out of the backfield.
More setup runs for Keenum on a scramble.
More bootlegs I would think.
Set up the run with the pass more often instead of vice versa.
JMO
Gross, I wanted to draft an actual quarterback to escape all of that. Then again, I'm just an overall fan of offense.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Gross, I wanted to draft an actual quarterback to escape all of that. Then again, I'm just an overall fan of offense.
Gross?

Half the teams in the NFL don't have a long-term starter they're happy with.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You guys are fun. I was at the game. I wouldn't make that trade ever. Case played a good game against a tired defense. Goff can't catch and hold onto his own passes btw. I can tell u that Goff spins a waaaaay better football and looks a LOT more like the guy we want long term....things look a lot different live.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
:Beginning of the Rams 2017 season:

McVay: "Ok Case, we want to give you a try again here, but we're looking for someone who can move around like Russel Wilson and make super lucky throws that should in no sense end up as completions...could you do that?"

Keenum: "hold my beer."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I give Case cred for today, he played his @$$ off and was a big part of them sustaining some key drives to eat clock early and made some real nice throws mixed in with his desperation heaves that all worked out. Viking fans can rejoice and be happy and whatnot and congrats to them.

But I still don't see them winning the Super Bowl with him at QB. If they can get home field they might even get into the big dance with him. But then they'll be the latest incomplete NFC team to lose to the Cheatriots.

Case will turn into Case sooner or later. It is what it is. Vikes still need a QB so for their sake they'd better hope Teddy is ready once Case runs out of fairy dust.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Lots of hate for Case but he is, believe it or not, a good QB. He has a winning record over his career (with some terrible teams), has improved significantly each year, has good mobility, and makes smart decisions. He has led the Vikings offense very effectively this year.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reminder: I wrote the original post YESTERDAY... maybe funny yesterday, today not so much. Today was a painful loss where Case played extremely well.

Frankly, when I wrote the original post, I was on one of my typical koolaid binges and kinda assumed that the rams would win this one— or at least play well in a close game.

Case is still a bit of an enigma to me. All-time leader in passing yards in college. As we saw on hard knocks, a really likable guy. And today I thought he had a great game. Real nice accuracy and consistency. Fantastic maneuverability on the one play he escaped Quinn and Barwin.

My original post was meant in jest, and I do indeed think it’s pointless to engage in too much debate about unprovable “what-ifs.” However....

For me personally, I’m elated that the Rams have a franchise cornerstone in Goff. Having said that, I think Case is showing he can thrive when he is in a good situation with good coaching and a good surrounding cast. Not sure Case has had that in his pro career up until now.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Case had always been accurate and mobile . He looked great yesterday, because the team formed an offense around him and his strengths .