Keanu Neal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Keanu Neal is name I didn't hear until a few weeks ago in scouting circles. Living in the NW whenever I hear someone described as "the next Kam Chancellor" or "Mini-Kam" I get interested very quickly. Chancellor is a force for the Seahawks and a very effective defensive weapon against both running plays and passes to TE's. He was also a draft steal in the 5th round. Neal is a 6'1" and 216 pound junior safety for the Florida Gators and the Chancellor comparisons come into focus when you watch him hit. He has no reservations about laying the lumber. None. I watched Florida's game against Alabama and Neal waged a war against Heisman Trophy winner Derek Henry. Derek outweighs Keanu by 26 pounds but the Florida safety gave him no quarter in multiple high-impact collisions. Neal is one of those defenders who just knows how to maximize his mass and transfer its effects to opposing players. He has long legs and good speed once he gets going. His play recognition is good and once he locates the ball he comes downhill in a hurry; against the run or the pass. It has been a while since the Monsters of the Midway had a monster hitter in the middle of their defense. Seeing Neal team up with Adrian Amos next year in Chicago would be a very intriguing and exciting possibility.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...ts-on-the-2016-nfl-draft-keanu-neal-joey-bosa

Sounds like a Fisher type Safety to me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah there are quite a few "Fisher type" safeties in this draft. Rams are gonna get one somewhere I think, because those types give Williams flexibility at both S and LB. I'm hearing Killebrew is well liked and might go early round 2 or maybe slide into round 1, but there are plenty of options and they might even opt for another raw type later on in the draft and just let Williams coach him up like with Mo.

Rams are building a monster secondary down the middle with TJ and Mo. Would not be surprised if they keep adding to it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Keanu Neal is name I didn't hear until a few weeks ago in scouting circles. Living in the NW whenever I hear someone described as "the next Kam Chancellor" or "Mini-Kam" I get interested very quickly. Chancellor is a force for the Seahawks and a very effective defensive weapon against both running plays and passes to TE's. He was also a draft steal in the 5th round. Neal is a 6'1" and 216 pound junior safety for the Florida Gators and the Chancellor comparisons come into focus when you watch him hit. He has no reservations about laying the lumber. None. I watched Florida's game against Alabama and Neal waged a war against Heisman Trophy winner Derek Henry. Derek outweighs Keanu by 26 pounds but the Florida safety gave him no quarter in multiple high-impact collisions. Neal is one of those defenders who just knows how to maximize his mass and transfer its effects to opposing players. He has long legs and good speed once he gets going. His play recognition is good and once he locates the ball he comes downhill in a hurry; against the run or the pass. It has been a while since the Monsters of the Midway had a monster hitter in the middle of their defense. Seeing Neal team up with Adrian Amos next year in Chicago would be a very intriguing and exciting possibility.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...ts-on-the-2016-nfl-draft-keanu-neal-joey-bosa

Sounds like a Fisher type Safety to me.
Neal put up some fare numbers at the combine, 38.0 inch Vert., 132 inch Broad jump, 7.09 in the Cone drills. I have him at #5 in my list of FS's I like! But I think he last to the 4th round!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the way the NFL is going, I don't want another big hitter on this team. Soon it will be illegal.