Kd On Kmox

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JUSTINinCOLUMBIA Wrote:

The Rams are very interested in hosting a Super Bowl in St. Louis. If you are going to build a new stadium, you would hope to build one that meets Super Bowl specifications. Demoff thinks Rams are on the fringe for Super Bowl hosting. "If Indianapolis can do it, St. Louis should be able to do it. If Detroit can do it, St. Louis should be able to do it."

No updates on stadium issue. Deadlines spur action. Real deadline is over 14 months away. May be unique to St. Louis, but San Diego, Oakland, and Buffalo all went or are going year-to-year for quite some time. Focused right now on bringing in a competitive team to bring action back to the EJD.

Trying to figure out right now the puzzle of what they can and can't get in the draft, and how to fill voids in free agency. Very few free agents this offseason, and almost no free agents coming up next year. Nucleus of the team is signed for next two seasons, which allows them to be more aggressive in signing new guys.

"Absolutely will have plenty of wiggle room (cap space)." Can create more if they need it. Plenty of room if they need it. Feel they are in really good shape cap-wise. Have a great young nucleus of players, and want to make sure they have enough to sign them in the future.

Trying to offer more offerings for concessions. CVC working on redoing the sound system, which should be ready to go by start of season.

[av]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/1-27-demoff.mp3[/av]

F. Mulder

Starter
Interesting to hear him say they have a lot of wiggle room regarding cap space. Obviously they can do a lot of things with contracts via cuts and restructures but I believe C Long and JL are pretty much tied in and Bradford won't renegotiate so those are some of the bigger contracts. The most obvious is Finnegan, followed by Wells and Dahl being cut so I'm not sure if he may be alluding to those potential moves or more of a restructuring of current contracts philosophy.

I'm probably reading too much into it (as always!). I do know that he has done a good job of not loading most contracts where we are getting stuck with dead money or guys earning way above their level (with the exception of Finnegan). I'm glad we have Demoff and Snead.