KD channels George Bernard Shaw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
-- George Bernard Shaw

[textarea]--During a chat with the team website last week, vice president of football operations and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff was asked about a rumor circulated by a Philadelphia reporter that the Rams are for sale.

Demoff first answered, "Sometimes reports are so baseless they don't even merit a response. (Owner) Stan Kroenke is as excited about this year's team and the Club's future as he has been at any point during his ownership tenure."

That prompted a fan to say, "I know you said some statements don't even merit a response ... but why not just say, 'The Rams are not for sale.' I feel like the Rams always dodge these questions and leave their fans with great uncertainty."

To which Demoff responded, "The Rams aren't for sale. But part of the reason we don't always comment publicly on those statements is it means you have to answer every baseless rumor with some kind of official quote. Sometimes we just hope our great fans use common sense."[/textarea]

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
X said:
-- George Bernard Shaw

[textarea]--During a chat with the team website last week, vice president of football operations and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff was asked about a rumor circulated by a Philadelphia reporter that the Rams are for sale.

Demoff first answered, "Sometimes reports are so baseless they don't even merit a response. (Owner) Stan Kroenke is as excited about this year's team and the Club's future as he has been at any point during his ownership tenure."

That prompted a fan to say, "I know you said some statements don't even merit a response ... but why not just say, 'The Rams are not for sale.' I feel like the Rams always dodge these questions and leave their fans with great uncertainty."

To which Demoff responded, "The Rams aren't for sale. But part of the reason we don't always comment publicly on those statements is it means you have to answer every baseless rumor with some kind of official quote. Sometimes we just hope our great fans use common sense."[/textarea]

I wonder if KD has ever visited RamStalk to soak in the "common sense" displayed by the resident poo-flinging monkeys.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
HeiseNBerg said:
X said:
-- George Bernard Shaw

I wonder if KD has ever visited RamStalk to soak in the "common sense" displayed by the resident poo-flinging monkeys.

I saw what appeared to be a real KD post in RamStalk not that long ago actually. He was responding to a poo-flinging thread that was started about him. He responded with his email address for the OP to discuss his concerns if he liked.

:shock:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
I saw what appeared to be a real KD post in RamStalk not that long ago actually. He was responding to a poo-flinging thread that was started about him. He responded with his email address for the OP to discuss his concerns if he liked.

Yeah, I saw that too. KD's got his pulse on the entire Rams community, actually. He pretty much monitors all the boards and blogs. I'll say this much - since he's come aboard, the Rams certainly have elevated their presence within the community and with the fans. It's pretty cool.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Selassie I said:
HeiseNBerg said:
X said:
-- George Bernard Shaw

...That is undoubtably the most awesome response I've ever heard of.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What is this common sense he speaks of?

Why don't they just come out and tell us fans that the team is moving to London, he was just jerking Kahn's chain when he exercised his first right of refusal anyway, and it should be known that Fisher really was his second choice behind Childress. Oh, and he didn't accept the CVC's first offer because he secretly wants above everything else to move the team to LA or London. Does he take us for fools?

You have to wonder if some of these fans look at all at Stan's past. He tends to hold onto his sports teams. I'm sure he hasn't gone through all this work in order to sell the Rams.