Kareem Hunt Speculation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Which is why defensive points allowed is a more accurate depiction.
Rams D is only giving up 16 ppg which I imagine is no worse than top 10, likely top 5
Is that with subtracting TDs given up on pick 6s and blocked punts?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We are nowhere close to the 3rd ranked defense Jacob. Not sure what stat source you are using but a defense is judged first on points allowed and from that metric we are 16th. We are 15th in third down conversion against. There are some good areas like for example redzone TD rate against, where we are 2nd, but this defense needs to do a lot better if we are going to defend this title.
As a team we give up 21 points per game. Good for 16th. But if you take away the points given away by our offense and special teams its 16 points per game. 2 pick sixes, a fumble return TD and a blocked punt TD. That would put them in the top 5. The defense is 5th it total yards per game. 8th in passing yards. 10th in rushing yards. They're giving up 4.2 yards per carry. Which puts them tied for 9th.

Not quite top 3 so I don't know where those stats come from. But without the threat of an edge rusher the defense has held up nicely if you ask me. If the offense and special teams can stop giving away points I'd like to see where the defense ends up in points per game given up.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. After taking away the 28 points given away by offense and special teams its 16 ppg. Not bad if you ask me.
30 points, there was a safety in there too
I think they're #4 in defensive points allowed
13 ppg allowed since opening day.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
so the Browns want a 4th, and are talking to the Rams but haven't gotten an offer they like.

Les: How 'bout we give you our 5th... and Cam Akers!

So may be depending if Cam wants to play in Cleveland... or the Browns are staying hard on that 4th and passing on Cam. They know the Rams need a better RB so they hold the cards.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
so the Browns want a 4th, and are talking to the Rams but haven't gotten an offer they like.

So may be depending if Cam wants to play in Cleveland... or the Browns are staying hard on that 4th and passing on Cam. They know the Rams need a better RB so they hold the cards.
Cleveland, "Well in that case, we'll send you Hunt for Akers, a 4th and a 5th!"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We don't have a 4th or 5th to give in the 2023 Draft. Although, we should get multiple 5th round comp picks.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
3 losses

Buffalo,…elite
SF…can’t beat ‘em
Dallas ?

Dallas is the loss that stands out to me as the one that stinks. I’d be “okay” with 4-2 right now. Tough schedule indeed.

I think we lose this week because they own us and we then go on a tear after that. Maybe

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I'm tired of trading away 2nd and 3rd rounders for potential one year rentals. The Von situation hurt us pretty bad and that came after winning the SB. Looks like we won't be as good this year so I'd think it would be harder to keep people around. Again, one RB or Edge isn't going to get us into the SB conversation this year sorry.
I would maybe agree with you hadn’t we won a Super Bowl. Is a SB worth a 2-3rd rnd draft pick? In my book… Absofrikkenlutley!!!

dang

Legend

Browns would still have D’Ernest Johnson. Who’s proven to be a very good RB2 in the NFL.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I like Gibson, especially in the passing game, but his fumbles concern me. He’s been benched in Washington a couple times because of it.