Kaepernick WANTS to play in Cleveland!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Let's hope this is the case. I can't see the Browns drafting a QB after trading what's probably a premium pick, to grab one. Then all we have to do is jump in front of SF for the top QB, or some team behind them for the next best.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Hue Jackson is the biggest dumbass on earth they will. No way is Kap worth second overall.

Sorry, I didn't mean give their 1st for CK, what I meant was swap firsts for him, I can sorta see that happening :-/

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see them giving the #32 for him, and San Fran would be crazy not to take it
I believe in Hue Jackson and think this could work out well for them

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
From what I know the Browns could afford his contract whereas the Broncos are strapped up so are the Jets. Not so sure that the Browns will give up any second day draft choices for him though. The Browns have some major holes to fill.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...enty-of-kaepernick-smoke-but-whats-the-truth/

There’s plenty of Kaepernick smoke, but what’s the truth?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2016

kaepernick3.jpg
Getty Images

Two weeks ago, San Francisco’s leverage regarding a possible trade of quarterback Colin Kaepernick was, “Screw it. We’ll just keep him.” Now, up to three teams reportedly are interested in making a deal, giving the 49ers a degree of power that no one thought they’d have.

But what’s real deal here? The one thing that seems the most clear is that the 49ers are intent on trading Kaepernick. Otherwise, they’d be shouting down (instead of leaking) the reports regarding interested teams.

So who’s really interested? If the price (as leaked by the 49ers) is a second- or third-round pick, would Broncos G.M. John Elway really give up the chance to get a potentially key player at a low salary for four years in order to secure a player at a position that they didn’t value enough to spend the extra money to keep Brock Osweiler?

The Jets reportedly are interested. Their offer of “backup money” to Ryan Fitzpatricksuggests that the Jets have someone else in mind, and it could indeed be Kaepernick. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets believe Kaepernick is heading to Denver — which could be a great strategy for slow-playing the situation in order to smoke out who really is and isn’t interested before trying to land the player.

Meanwhile, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Kaepernick wants to play for the Browns, which means that (based on various reports) he wants to play for all three of the teams reportedly pursuing him. It could be someone’s way of pushing the Browns, who have watched Mitchell Schwartz, Alex Mack, Travis Benjamin, and Tashaun Gipson leave, to do something to create the impression that they’re willing to do anything.

Regardless, it’s hard to know what’s real and what isn’t until someone makes a move. The only thing that’s real for now is that the 49ers want to trade Kaepernick. The question is where he’ll go, whether he truly wants to be there, and ultimately whether he’ll want more than the $12 million he’s due to earn in 2016.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Denver, New York, now Cleveland. hmm. Just so it aint L.A.

From what I know the Browns could afford his contract whereas the Broncos are strapped up so are the Jets. Not so sure that the Browns will give up any second day draft choices for him though. The Browns have some major holes to fill.

I thought he had a pretty friendly incentive laden contract.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 64]Screenshot_2016-03-11-11-26-31 by BatteringRambo posted Mar 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM[/GALLERY]

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
[GALLERY=media, 64]Screenshot_2016-03-11-11-26-31 by BatteringRambo posted Mar 11, 2016 at 11:28 AM[/GALLERY]

Nice!! Oh man this would be amazing. And not just because I hold the keys to the car, as the 9er GM in the upcoming ROD Mock draft. Anything that will increase our chances at Goff. Or Wentz, I guess.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't think if they got Kaep that it would change their draft plans.

I think too many teams have learned their lessons that just doing the "David Carr" isn't such a good idea. Some rookies work out, but it's HIGHLY situational and there's simply a MUCH better chance for success if there's a bridge QB in place to ensure that the rookie is actually ready.

So, yeah, I don't expect acquiring Kaep to change anything for Cleveland.

Which stinks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice!! Oh man this would be amazing. And not just because I hold the keys to the car, as the 9er GM in the upcoming ROD Mock draft. Anything that will increase our chances at Goff. Or Wentz, I guess.
And it opens the door for us to acquire Manchildziel!

WIPm88Q.jpg

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He can't do any worse than what Cleveland usually does. Just build a system around him that means he doesn't have to make reads to throw it, drill it into him that he throws it where the play is designed for him to throw it anz try and keep them off balance all game by him running it 30 %of the time, the other running back having it 40% of the time and passing it only 30% of the time ALL the time even if they are down 20 points inside 5 minutes. It's the only way he could have any success and even then it would likely be short lived because as soon as the teams losing its kaput, and as soo as they figure out a defense its kaput...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if jackson doesn't stay put or move up to #1 to take the qb they like the best then he should be blackballed from ever being a hc in the league again.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
7torms coming to Cleveland!...

ok, just had to get that out there for comedic value. :LOL:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kaepernick is no dummy, it seems. Hue Jackson is one of the best coaches he could end up with.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi0odcxzjvhnzi1mdfhytdkyzg5njq5ndzinzvlmzk0-e1443180386181.jpeg
AP

The Browns are willing to trade a third-round pick to the 49ers to acquire quarterback Colin Kaepernick — but only if Kaepernick is willing to take a pay cut.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealerreports that the 49ers want a second-round pick, but might settle for the Browns’ third-round pick, which is the second pick in the round, No. 65 overall. The key, however, is that the Browns would want Kaepernick to agree to a pay cut before the trade is completed.

The Moneyball guys running the Browns’ front office apparently think Kaepernick is only worth $7 million or $8 million a year, and that’s what they’d want Kaepernick to take, with the possibility of more money in the form of performance incentives.

But why should Kaepernick agree to that? On April 1, the 49ers either have to guarantee his $11.9 million base salary or cut him free and let him negotiate with every team and give his services to the highest bidder. Kaepernick also has a $1.125 million roster bonus and $400,000 workout bonus due this year, so if the Browns are asking him to take $7 million, they’re asking him to cut his pay almost in half.

Cabot also suggests that the Browns may draft a quarterback this year and groom him to be their quarterback of the future. Again, why should Kaepernick agree to take a pay cut to go to a team that only wants him as a placeholder while the rookie draft pick develops?

Kaepernick reportedly wants to play for the Browns, so it’s possible he would be willing to restructure his contract to help them out. But it seems unlikely he’d take that steep a pay cut for the privilege of playing in Cleveland.