Kaepernick getting another tryout. Raiders working him out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dang

Legend
So he hasn’t played ANY football since the 2016 season? That doesn’t bode well for his readiness to pick up playing in the NFL in 2022. But that shouldn’t stop any interested teams from trying him Out.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Raiders owner Mark Davis is following in the spirit of his late father, Al Davis, who provided many opportunities, such as hiring the NFL's first Black head coach (Art Shell) and its first woman chief executive (Amy Trask) in the modern era. He also was the first owner to draft a Black quarterback in the first round and the second owner to hire a Hispanic head coach, Tom Flores.
Almost feels like the Raiders leaked the story to Schefter in exchange for Schefter including this PR nugget.

I guess the Raiders could use a high-profile camp arm - maybe take some of the focus away from all the negative stuff coming out of that organization.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Just another publicity stunt by this asshat. He'll then demand a starters salary and then bitch and cry wolf when he doesn't sign.

I'm so over this fuckin guy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just picture Carr's eyeliner when he hears this...

eyes-watering.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh couldn't care less, if he wins a roster spot good for him and bad for the Raiders because that means their backup QB's suck

Flint

Pro Bowler
He did have a big arm iirc but he was somewhat scattershot with his accuracy and his touch, he loved to throw the fastball all the time. But there’s only one way to settle this and that’s on the field. I think he mishandled his situation and overvalued his worth. I think he could’ve gotten here faster if he had taken a gig in another league. There’s a lot of not very good qbs in the nfl collecting checks and if he had been tearing it up in some other league that would speak for itself and someone would come calling or not, and he would have been playing which he says is what he loves to do.
He’s big and strong and he might still be fast but that doesn’t mean he can play, there were questions about him 6years ago and I’m sure not playing qb hasn’t improved his skills, but there are backups who should never be allowed on the field and even starters we have questions about. I’m curious to see how this plays out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Looks to me like some damage control PR coming out of the Gruden aftermath season. Maybe not but this stuff reads like a book sometimes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Meh couldn't care less, if he wins a roster spot good for him and bad for the Raiders because that means their backup QB's suck
Jarret Stidham acquired from New England would seem to be the backup for Carr, however, if they carr 3 QB's they have Nick Mullens & UDRFA in Chase Garbers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jarret Stidham acquired from New England would seem to be the backup for Carr, however, if they carr 3 QB's they have Nick Mullens & UDRFA in Chase Garbers.
And yet they're trying out Kap. Hence my comment, if he makes the team it means their backups suck because he's not good. One would think this is just a publicity stunt by McDaniels and the team.

dang

Legend
I wouldn’t mind Kap as a backup QB……………………….5 years ago.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
And he's still insisting that he should be a starter.

Dude wasn't a starter when hewas a starter...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Starting any thread on Kaep is obviously looking for trouble.

This thread will head nowhere good.

Really weird how obviously incendiary topics are allowed to be brought up, over and over, and when the thread inevitably deteriorates into political BS, then the thread gets belatedly locked.

Why not just nip this shit in the bud, and give warnings to posters who start threads like this who should know better?

A Kaep thread ain't gonna be about football. The posters here just don't have the self-discipline for that. We all know it. It's obviously gonna deteriorate into comments about race, which then inevitably leads to politics.

Hope this shit gets locked up.

Duh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.