Kaep to Browns or Texans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
On the surface it makes some sense for the Texans. Decent team held back by Hoyer. They might try to roll the dice and get a good year out of CK while they develop Hackenberg like QB who they might love enough to draft.

On the surface it seems really stupid for the Browns since they are a really woeful team Unless they have gotten feelers they could spin the #2 pick for a RG3 like package and want CK as a slight upgrade till they take a real QB next draft.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, Wentz nailed the combine and is getting comparisons to Luck more and more and WE set the market for that pick...

I dunno gents if Fish will go and get him. I think Hue stays put and takes him, honestly, but it's fun to dream.

Shawnbb158

Starter
Well, Wentz nailed the combine and is getting comparisons to Luck more and more and WE set the market for that pick...

I dunno gents if Fish will go and get him. I think Hue stays put and takes him, honestly, but it's fun to dream.

I completely agree. Even tho I read something on nfl.com (by Bucky Brooks so take it for what it is) that goff did everything he needed to cement himself as #1 QB ha. I don't agree with that I have been a wentz advocate since December but hopefully the browns go Goff and then we can trade with dallas or Baltimore to get wentz. Don't care the price. If it was up to me I give our first both seconds this year and 1st and 3rd next year to get wentz whoever would take it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya, I'd go all in on Wentz. When the word keeps coming back that his football IQ is better than his athleticism and he's almost 6'6", 237 with crazy measurables and has played in a pro-style offense for 4 years already, I think the Luck comparisons are dead on.

Now imagine even a rookie Luck level Wentz with Gurley, Austin and our improved OL.

With our D, we're a playoff team, easy.

Shawnbb158

Starter
Ya, I'd go all in on Wentz. When the word keeps coming back that his football IQ is better than his athleticism and he's almost 6'6", 237 with crazy measurables and has played in a pro-style offense for 4 years already, I think the Luck comparisons are dead on.

Now imagine even a rookie Luck level Wentz with Gurley, Austin and our improved OL.

With our D, we're a playoff team, easy.

Speaking of football IQ I can't find it right now( a few beers too many...) but I saw on nfl.com videos of goff and wentz doing whiteboard interview with mooch and wentz just had "IT" to me

Mick

Pro Bowler
I just don't see either of the two QBs worthy of a first round pick dropping to us. Lynch isn't in that category, IMO, and certainly not at #15....either we move up or we go FA....I just don't see how else this plays out. Lynch isn't ready.....

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I was listening to Jason Smith @howaboutafresca And the rumour was he wants to be in NY as his girlfriend (think media chick) lives there. Just another reason why a HELL NO on this bitch

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If they do that again they should lose their team licence and let some other city have a go.

How many times have they done that with the same factory of sadness result?

Actually they've drafted QB's in the first round with bad results too.
  1. Tim Couch
  2. Brady Quinn
  3. Brandon Weeden
  4. Johnny Manziel

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Any team trading for Kaepernick probably figures he is worth a late round draft pick. If they can fix him great, if not he will be a nice backup option.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Hue Jackson gets a hold of him.He will have him performing the way Harbaugh did.What do you think Coach?

I'm not sure about that, Jackson has had success with QB's, however, if I was Jackson and I really liked a kid in the draft that is the direction I would go in. However, Kaepernick is still only 28 and if anyone can turn him around, it is Hue Jackson and Kaepernick has the arm for Cleveland when the gales of November came early!

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
If I were SF, would tell Cle, Kaep and pick 7 for pick 2. Cle would get a day 1 starting QB, can pick a top D player with pick 7, add another QB later if desired. SF would get the pick of QB for chips 1st year.

KeithA39

UDFA
I'll be surprised if he's traded.

If he is; no way it's Cleveland.

It could be that Kelly has met with Kap enough to think he won't work out with his offense. And, Manziel for Kap would be the trade. Didn't he recruit Manziel at Oregon or was that Stanford? Anyway, good luck with Manziel, Chip, if that's the case.

Maybe I'm just dreaming as a Ram's fan, but if SF, Cleveland, and Philadelphia (via a
Bradford resigning) were off the board for a first round quarterback and if Dallas drafts for defense in Round 1, then the Ram's will be in a fantastic position to get their QB of the future.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not necessarily. Kaep would be in the mix to be that bridge option at QB to help them avoid losing early on as the kid learns the ropes.

He didn't help the 49ers win much so I don't think he will be doing that in CLE.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He didn't help the 49ers win much so I don't think he will be doing that in CLE.

In Greg Roman's offense he took them very deep in the playoffs more than once. Almost won a Super Bowl as a matter of fact.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually they've drafted QB's in the first round with bad results too.
  1. Tim Couch
  2. Brady Quinn
  3. Brandon Weeden
  4. Johnny Manziel

couch doesn't count because he was the 1st pick of an expansion team. the rest are late 1st round picks the browns inexplicably traded back into the 1st round to pick them. these 3 are exactly what i was talking about. they were probably the only team that was gonna take any of them in the 1st round. they give the rest of the league something to laugh about.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In Greg Roman's offense he took them very deep in the playoffs more than once. Almost won a Super Bowl as a matter of fact.

I dunno Merlin, that team was LOADED with talent and he benefited from it big time. Without all that around him he has looked pretty bad. He didn't look great the previous year either.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Let's not get into this shall we???? What would you call Michigan if they did not recruit in the Great State of Ohio????? Purdue!
To bad we are THE Michigan Wolverines and Harbaugh getting back to our normal spot in the Big10 baby!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
To bad we are THE Michigan Wolverines and Harbaugh getting back to our normal spot in the Big10 baby!

That's incorrect, he's getting you back to an abnormal spot, the upper echelon of the Big Ten, it's been a long time since the Michigan Wolverines have been relevant.