Kadarius Toney available via trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure that’s how it usually drawn up on any given (non go) route the past 50 years
I agree there hence why I can't hate on VJ not making that play. It's the more difficult catches that he's having trouble with where he needs to make a contested catch or get better separation with his routes.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't call him a problem at all. I'm with the Rams if they deem Toney an upgrade and go get him. If they don't, I'm definitely just fine with rolling with what we have. I'm simply just discussing why I can see why he'd be pursued. I've stated many times I highly doubt it'll happen.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He's got one more year after this year, so I dont see him going anywhere since he's dirt cheap. He keeps the 800+ yards and 6+ TD's as a 3rd WR, he'll be getting 3rd round comp pick kind of money
Agree there....I really don't think we are trading him unless it's for a cheap upgrade which is unlikely. More likely is we draft another WR.

MachS

Hall of Fame
That's a crock of BS. Stafford had 11 picks during our 9-1 run to finish the season and win the SB. VJ was the target on 2 of those picks (Minnesota game; SB). And the latter must be what left a sour taste in your mouth. So much so, you exaggerate. Hell, "fight for the ball"? That pick in the Minnesota game was underthrown by almost 5 yards with VJ running full speed. The one in the SB he should have fought for, at least to knock it down. But that's just 2 of those 11 picks. You want to know who was targeted in the other 9? Kupp twice. OBJ twice. Higbee twice. Skowronek twice. And Michel. So what's the reason for the exaggeration that "his inability to fight for balls lead to multiple turnovers for Stafford"? Because your argument losses a lot of steam when you are so inaccurate. He was the target on 2 picks and had the chance to fight for the ball on one of them. That's "multiple"?
I said multiple picks and you just laid out two instances there. There was another one vs SF where he didn't adjust his route at all either just kept running straight while looking back and never made a play on the ball.

Look it's not some unreasonable criticism to say he's not great at tracking the deep ball or making 50/50 plays. On the mic'd up in the SB he literally was talking to Yarber on the sideline about the INT and he said he 'judged the distance wrong.' How does that happen where you have the defender beat yet you cant even adjust your route to make a play on the ball?? I'm sure some of these throws could've been better but he's not the type of WR to battle with body position and win those. Thats why we signed ARob. Van's ceiling is capped. He struggles to consistently win on intermediate routes vs man coverage. Yes he has good speed, enough to get behind defenses and win deep yet he struggles to track the ball well and can't go up to win the 50/50 balls consistently. And hes a body catcher a lot of the time which allows passes to be broken up. He's the son of a WR coach so if he's not developed these parts of his game already its hard to imagine them getting drastically better.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I said multiple picks and you just laid out two instances there.
No, I said he was targeted twice by Stafford when he was picked. 1 he could have fought harder for, the other was 5 yards underthrown. Plus Kupp, OBJ, Higbee and Skowronek were also each targeted twice when MS threw a pick. But you don't have a bitch with them.

He's the son of a WR coach so if he's not developed these parts of his game already its hard to imagine them getting drastically better.
This is ridiculous. He's supposed to have all the talents because his father was an NFL WR? What, through DNA? Learned in the womb?

I think because he didn't have a great SB, everything prior has been accentuated by detractors. The kid has fought for balls and won. The kid has adjusted his route and caught the ball. The kid has burned 1 on 1 coverage. Like with any player, when a fan gets pissed at a player, everything is skewed with that belief.

Is he a great receiver? Not at this point. Is he a legit #3? Absolutely. He's only going into his third year!!! And you'd rather have some head case, diva who had to be threatened with the trade block to report for voluntary OTAs? Yeah, no, I'm fine with VJ. It ain't Madden 2022.

MachS

Hall of Fame
This is ridiculous. He's supposed to have all the talents because his father was an NFL WR? What, through DNA? Learned in the womb?
Point is the areas where he struggles aren't going to improve drastically. You don't teach WRs body control or how to track the ball. You have the talent or you don't. Go watch Kupp and ARob film and how they track the ball. If McVay thinks Toney can fit into our culture then give me the 3 year younger more talented playmaker with elite YAC ability 100 times out of 100 over the mediocre possession receiver who body catches and struggles to win 50/50 balls.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
FWIW, the Rams have two players (Van Jefferson, Brandon Powell) who played with Toney in college. They could be friends, so their intel could be a bit skewed, but perhaps the Rams could find out what kind of guy he is from those two.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Or traded next season if one of Atwell, Harris, Skowronek or a potential draft pick/UDFA from this next week steps up.

I would LOVE for Harris to break out. His measurables are off the damn chart. I mean, physically, he's pretty close to Calvin Johnson.

Don't be surprised if they don't use him as the deep threat at points as he's stupid fast...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would LOVE for Harris to break out. His measurables are off the damn chart. I mean, physically, he's pretty close to Calvin Johnson.

Don't be surprised if they don't use him as the deep threat at points as he's stupid fast...

I'd love for that myself, although all but 15 of his 2021 snaps were on Special Teams, so another year of development may be required before we see a lot of him, especially while competing with Atwell & Skow. I imagine we'll see a good deal of all 3 of these guys during the pre-season, but with Kupp, Robinson, OBj & Van Jeff in front of them, not sure they'll get all that many offensive snaps. The exception may be who really steps up before OBj returns from IR. jmo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
If McVay thinks Toney can fit into our culture....

I don't see why not. Pointing a gun at people on campus was just a teenage prank. Getting pulled over with a loaded AR-15 in the back seat is normal in Florida. Punching an NFL player and getting ejected can happen to anybody. It's a very emotional game, football. Avoiding OTAs as a second year player is okay....particularly with the season this highly talented, future superstar, first round pick had.....10 GP, 39 receptions, 420 yards, 10.8 yds/rec, 0 TDs. Longest reception of 38 yards. Gives me images of Chris Givens!!!
.....mediocre possession receiver who body catches and struggles to win 50/50 balls.

Well, I'll tell ya, for a guy with no body control, who can't track the ball, doesn't catch with his hands and can't win 50/50 balls....in the 5 years McVay has been here, he had the best overall productive season for a #3 receiver. That includes Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks and Josh Reynolds.

VJ in 2021......50 receptions, 800 yards, 6 TDs.

The most yards by a Rams #3 receiver (2017-2021)? Van Jefferson 800.
The most receptions? Josh Reynolds (52 for 618 yds, 2 TDs; does that even compare with VJ in 2021?)
The most TDs? Watkins with 8 in 2017 (on 39 rec for 593 yds)

He had TD receptions of 67, 79 and 52 last year. Amazing for an inability to "track the ball".

Let's face it. Despite winning the SB, the fact VJ had a sub par game has chaffed some people. And some didn't even 'know' he had a knee issue since the Houston game. He's not a top level WR at this point in his career. He's just a #3 who probably won't get ejected, suspended or arrested. I guess that's kind of boring but what do you want from a #3? Some would rather have the gun toting, punch throwing, 10.8 yards per reception rap singer. Go figure.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

He is still very raw, learning to consistently run routes and catching the ball is what he needs to work on. He has all the natural tools but needs a lot of work on the fundamental stuff that is usually learned at a much younger age. If he works hard and has the desire and the aptitude he may just pay off. It is still a long road for him

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't see why not. Pointing a gun at people on campus was just a teenage prank. Getting pulled over with a loaded AR-15 in the back seat is normal in Florida. Punching an NFL player and getting ejected can happen to anybody. It's a very emotional game, football. Avoiding OTAs as a second year player is okay....particularly with the season this highly talented, future superstar, first round pick had.....10 GP, 39 receptions, 420 yards, 10.8 yds/rec, 0 TDs. Longest reception of 38 yards. Gives me images of Chris Givens!!!

Well, I'll tell ya, for a guy with no body control, who can't track the ball, doesn't catch with his hands and can't win 50/50 balls....in the 5 years McVay has been here, he had the best overall productive season for a #3 receiver. That includes Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks and Josh Reynolds.

The most receptions? Josh Reynolds (52 for 618 yds, 2 TDs; does that even compare with VJ in 2021?)

He had TD receptions of 67, 79 and 52 last year. Amazing for an inability to "track the ball".

Let's face it. Despite winning the SB, the fact VJ had a sub par game has chaffed some people. And some didn't even 'know' he had a knee issue since the Houston game. He's not a top level WR at this point in his career. He's just a #3 who probably won't get ejected, suspended or arrested. I guess that's kind of boring but what do you want from a #3? Some would rather have the gun toting, punch throwing, 10.8 yards per reception rap singer. Go figure.
I just want a murderous psychopath on the field and a square off of it....where the fuck are those guys?!

dang

Legend

Toney is not being marketed for a trade so unless someone wants to give up some serious collateral it’s a non-story. Moving on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harris was raw AF in TC last year and was fun to watch in pre-season. At least it was his first game, because that train went off the rails after and he dropped a bunch of passes and looked completely confused

As a TE he offered some potential, as a WR? Dunno know about that. Route running, catching, a lot of skills gotta be upgraded to think about that. And quite a depth chart ahead of him

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I was super high on Toney coming out so it’d be a dream if the Rams somehow got him as their WR #3 but sadly I am not sure it is realistic. This dude I think could be a star if he was in the right spot. He is electric.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Talent doesn’t equal production. As far as numbers go, Van Jefferson out produced him. 400 yards and zero TDs isn’t special for a first round player. Dude is being way over hyped by this board. It’s crazy. And people want to condemn VJ for his playoff numbers but also think Cam Akers is going to be our back of the future??? Wuttt??? His playoff numbers were a joke and the dude can’t stay on the field. Y’all need to be consistent.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Talent doesn’t equal production. As far as numbers go, Van Jefferson out produced him. 400 yards and zero TDs isn’t special for a first round player. Dude is being way over hyped by this board. It’s crazy. And people want to condemn VJ for his playoff numbers but also think Cam Akers is going to be our back of the future??? Wuttt??? His playoff numbers were a joke and the dude can’t stay on the field. Y’all need to be consistent.
Raw talent, Toney hands down. Mental stability and maturity, Van hands down. Toney played for the stinking Giants. To think he wouldn't produce better numbers with McVay as his coach and Stafford as his QB is crazy to me. Van is a serviceable #3 but that's it and that's ok too. A trade is extremely unlikely at this rate so this topic is really is just something to discuss.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Raw talent, Toney hands down. Mental stability and maturity, Van hands down. Toney played for the stinking Giants. To think he wouldn't produce better numbers with McVay as his coach and Stafford as his QB is crazy to me. Van is a serviceable #3 but that's it and that's ok too. A trade is extremely unlikely at this rate so this topic is really is just something to discuss.

Hasn't this dead horse had just about enough ?

south park beat a dead horse GIF