Justin Hunter?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Is there any chance the Rams will consider WR Justin Hunter in the upcoming Draft? The more I read about him and watch some of his highlights the more impressed I am with him. If the Rams don't choose a WR (Patterson, Austin, Allen, etc) in the 1st Round do you think the Rams might pick Hunter in the 2nd Round (If, he is still available)?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
paceram said:
Is there any chance the Rams will consider WR Justin Hunter in the upcoming Draft? The more I read about him and watch some of his highlights the more impressed I am with him. If the Rams don't choose a WR (Patterson, Austin, Allen, etc) in the 1st Round do you think the Rams might pick Hunter in the 2nd Round (If, he is still available)?

A lot of sources are saying that teams are considering Hunter a first round prospect at this point. The only real question mark was his knee, and now that he's fully healthy, he looks like a gamebreaker. We'd have to take him with #22 if we wanted him. Without that knee injury, Hunter - in my opinion - would be just as highly regarded as Patterson, if not more so.

He's certainly a possibility. We do need a wideout, and Hunter has a chance to become a number one. He's been called a lesser Randy Moss by some; I liken him to a poor man's A.J. Green myself.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
paceram said:

A lot of sources are saying that teams are considering Hunter a first round prospect at this point. The only real question mark was his knee, and now that he's fully healthy, he looks like a gamebreaker. We'd have to take him with #22 if we wanted him. Without that knee injury, Hunter - in my opinion - would be just as highly regarded as Patterson, if not more so.

He's certainly a possibility. We do need a wideout, and Hunter has a chance to become a number one. He's been called a lesser Randy Moss by some; I liken him to a poor man's A.J. Green myself.

If the Rams don't pick Patterson or Austin at #16 and they are not available at #22 do you select Hunter at #22? I realize this will depend on who else is available at #22 but I think the Rams will strongly consider him.

duckhunter

Starter
The main stream draft gurus are all over the place on Hunter. I have seen him in the 2nd most often and one here recently in the 3rd. I see a push to move him up but I don't know if it sticks.

That's why I'm somewhat of an advocate to wait on WR into the 2nd and see who drops to us there. Let the draft come to us.

We made the move with J Long so we wouldn't be forced to go two letters as Snead said.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Justin Hunter...that dude looks the part. I sure hope he translates on the field. W/ him, Brian Quick and Chris Givens if all 3 develop...look out.

Also, I think WR is a lock to be an early pick. Right now there are only 3 that have gaurenteed spots: Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Austin Pettis.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
we're going to have to pick a WR in either round 1 or 2, we can't wait till the latter rounds and I think we're going to have to pick the best available - Hunter looks the part, is an amazing athlete and could potentially be the WR with the highest upside in the draft.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
shaunpinney said:
we're going to have to pick a WR in either round 1 or 2, we can't wait till the latter rounds and I think we're going to have to pick the best available - Hunter looks the part, is an amazing athlete and could potentially be the WR with the highest upside in the draft.

I agree if he can stay healthy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Very good, productive when healthy, and very fast and explosive.

What I like most about him is that he seems always be open downfield. No way he makes it to the third, he looks like a low first to mid second pick after looking completely healthy and running and jumping well at the combine.

If you think he's a A.J. Green, Randy Moss type, you take him in the first.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wouldn't rule out Keenan Allen at 22. A polished NFL ready WR.

I don't see Hunter on the Rams radar round 1 unless we are trading down.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like Da'Rick Rogers if we don't get Austin. Dude reminds me of Anquan Boldin....

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I never seen him play or a highlight, but ive heard more than 2 draftnicks say he played "soft" sometimes. Thats not a word 1 want associated with anyone on my team!