Justin Fields Traded To Pittsburgh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They will be playing on a better team with a better O line so I will be surprised if we don’t see a better outcome. Wilson didn’t play badly last year - he was sat to ensure he didn’t get injured. OK he wasn’t brilliant but I could see him rising from the ashes.

I would have been thrilled if we had traded a 5th for Fields provided he was willing to rework his contract because he’s not currently worth the 5th year option. I could see him becoming a star but equally flaming out but he is going to play for years even if only as a backup. That said, he wanted an opportunity and we could not offer him a clearer path to starting
I'm surprised that the Steelers seem to have anointed Wilson as the starter. I would make him win the competition if was me (I think that competion would be great for Wilson) but the job must have been a condition of the move for Wilson because Tomlin reportedly phoned him after Fields was acquired to let him know he's still the dude.

Ram65

Legend
I still think Fields has potential. Get him some better talent around him and see what happens.

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't think even McVay could fix Fields at this point. Chicago has already ruined him, IMO.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm surprised that the Steelers seem to have anointed Wilson as the starter. I would make him win the competition if was me (I think that competion would be great for Wilson) but the job must have been a condition of the move for Wilson because Tomlin reportedly phoned him after Fields was acquired to let him know he's still the dude.
It’s called mentoring & depth.Look back at history & there you might find the answer.

Tomlin has been a long time NFL HC for a reason.The bigger question should be why Da Bears are drafting #1 & #9 ? Then again what was Denver thinking with that trade ?