Justice Cunningham vs. Alex Bayer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you prefer?

• Total voters

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Pretty simple. There is a pretty contested battle for the final TE spot with two guys that have completely opposite skill sets.

If the decision was yours, who would make the roster?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That third poll option is gonna end up biting you in the ass. :snicker:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cunningham hasn't shown enough all preseason.

Bayer has.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
How are people voting for anyone that's not the mythical perversion of science that is Justex Bayerham?

C'mon Snead, get your Junior Science Fair kit out!

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL I threw in the third option for fun. Couldn't help myself.

In all seriousness, I'd take Cunningham over Bayer. I think there are enough pass catchers on the roster and I value his blocking, especially if Bradford is injured and our pass game becomes somewhat limited.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey

In all seriousness, I'd take Cunningham over Bayer. I think there are enough pass catchers on the roster and I value his blocking, especially if Bradford is injured and our pass game becomes somewhat limited.
Seriousness? Shit. Hang on... let me remember how I thought back when I was two beers in (between the Rams and the new Dr. Who, I've had a very, very lovely evening)

I'd go Bayer. This team can never have enough pass-catchers, esp. the way we've been for the past few years. I like Cunningham, but Kendricks and Harkey can put the hurtin' on with blocks. Bayer just looks special.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
We have a two pass catching TE's, Cunningham seems like the choice but I love Bayer. Man any chance we can sneak him on the PS?

Ok change of heart let's go Bayer.... he does look special

Pho Kadat

Rookie

You could go the opposite way too with Harkey and Kendricks i.e. "there are enough blocking tight ends and I value Bayer's receiving."

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think Bayer would be snapped up by some other team - pass-catching TEs are becoming a valuable commodity in today's NFL.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could go the opposite way too with Harkey and Kendricks i.e. "there are enough blocking tight ends and I value Bayer's receiving."

Sure you could. It's going to be a tough decision. I'm not saying those who prefer Bayer are wrong. It's an interesting debate.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Blocking & ST tackling is what we need...We have enough TE's that can catch....we can teach Cunningham how to catch.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Those two drops tonight by Cunningham probably sealed his fate. Bayer will be the new Mike McNeil for the 2014 Rams.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Alex Bayer has caught everything thrown his way. If Cunningham were at least a credible threat to catch, he'd be my vote, but he's had way too many drops. Kendricks & Harkey are great blockers w/ underrated pass catching skills--they are locks, with Cookie. We can teach Bayer to block, but it's pretty hard to come by pass-catching talent in TE's.