Just saw gas at $2.49/gallon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A tick under $3 here. They keep trying to put self serve on the ballot and saying it will reduce gas prices. Guess they are trying harder now because gas has always been cheaper here in OR than in CA and WA. Now it is about the same. Their argument never held water. Personally, I'm ok with not getting gas and diesel on my hands. Most of the stations I go to don't have any extra workers so instead of sitting behind a counter, they are pumping gas. If it's a real busy station, they may have an additional worker but I'm sure the traffic and a couple extra cents per gallon pays for it. When I travel between states, I actually try to either fuel up before leaving Oregon or nurse the fuel until I get back. Most people I talk to do the same so I'm pretty sure it is not costing the Oregon stations customers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm living in the wrong State...$2.89 and we're partying like it's 1.99!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A tick under $3 here. They keep trying to put self serve on the ballot and saying it will reduce gas prices. Guess they are trying harder now because gas has always been cheaper here in OR than in CA and WA. Now it is about the same. Their argument never held water. Personally, I'm ok with not getting gas and diesel on my hands. Most of the stations I go to don't have any extra workers so instead of sitting behind a counter, they are pumping gas. If it's a real busy station, they may have an additional worker but I'm sure the traffic and a couple extra cents per gallon pays for it. When I travel between states, I actually try to either fuel up before leaving Oregon or nurse the fuel until I get back. Most people I talk to do the same so I'm pretty sure it is not costing the Oregon stations customers.
You don't have ANY self-serve over there? Wow. I don't think anyone has ever pumped my gas for me.

Nancies.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
Newscast last night piping about a station out on I-10 pumping at 1.99$.
Roll on SA

RAMBUSH

Starter
$2.82 per gallon here in Pottsville Pennsylvania. Home of Americas oldest brewery,Yuengling beer. And a forgotten shunned nfl championship. It's true, look it up.

RAMBUSH

Starter
$2.82 per gallon here in Pottsville Pennsylvania. Home of Americas oldest brewery,Yuengling beer. And a forgotten shunned nfl championship. It's true, look it up.
Oops,I should hav said the Pottsville Maroons was the name of the nfl team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Paid $.11 when I was in college , $2.50 plus here yesterday

When I was young we didn't need no stinking gas and we liked it. We used our feet just like Fred Flintstone did, dag nabbit!

qp5tgl.jpg

When I was 17 gas cost 25 cents per gallon. My little VW Bug could go a long time without a fill-up. Of course at the time I was only making 3 bucks an hour working at the local Jack-in-the-Box.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You don't have ANY self-serve over there? Wow. I don't think anyone has ever pumped my gas for me.

Nancies.

Commercial card lock systems are the only self serve fuel outlets.

And careful - you might make me cry and ruin my make-up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Commercial card lock systems are the only self serve fuel outlets.

And careful - you might make me cry and ruin my make-up.
That's weird. I never heard that before (learn something new everyday). We had full-serve at gas stations down in Florida for a while, but it was paired with self-serve and the prices were cheaper if you pumped it yourself. Full-serve went away entirely after some time (because independent service station owners didn't want to pay people to do things that customers could do themselves). I actually had a job at 16 pumping gas, so I remember the novelty of it. But now I learn that it's a way of life over there, and it blew my mind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's weird. I never heard that before (learn something new everyday). We had full-serve at gas stations down in Florida for a while, but it was paired with self-serve and the prices were cheaper if you pumped it yourself. Full-serve went away entirely after some time (because independent service station owners didn't want to pay people to do things that customers could do themselves). I actually had a job at 16 pumping gas, so I remember the novelty of it. But now I learn that it's a way of life over there, and it blew my mind.
Yeah - I think most everyone I knew in CA had a job pumping gas at some point - as did I. Same thing. Cost you a few cents more (I think generally 10 cents) per gallon. Of course it was also called "Full Service". Who here remembers those days? There is a station near where I used to live in CA that last time I was in town still offered it. They come out, pump your gas, wash your windows, check your oil, check your coolant level, check your windshield wiper fluid level, check your tire pressure, all while your tank fills. And all for 3 cents a gallon more. And still the full serve lane was almost always open. Never made sense to me.

Here they pump your gas and you occasionally will find one that does your windows too. Still - I've never liked pumping my own gas when I was on my way to a meeting or dinner or some event. One faulty nozzle and you smelled like a pump monkey the rest of the evening.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
$4.43 per gallon here = $3.87 in US dollars.

We get hosed in Canada.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah - I think most everyone I knew in CA had a job pumping gas at some point - as did I. Same thing. Cost you a few cents more (I think generally 10 cents) per gallon. Of course it was also called "Full Service". Who here remembers those days? There is a station near where I used to live in CA that last time I was in town still offered it. They come out, pump your gas, wash your windows, check your oil, check your coolant level, check your windshield wiper fluid level, check your tire pressure, all while your tank fills. And all for 3 cents a gallon more. And still the full serve lane was almost always open. Never made sense to me.

Here they pump your gas and you occasionally will find one that does your windows too. Still - I've never liked pumping my own gas when I was on my way to a meeting or dinner or some event. One faulty nozzle and you smelled like a pump monkey the rest of the evening.
Yeah, those were the days. Full service meant full service. They even trained all of the attendants on the tire-changing machine. So we really were equipped to take care of any problem. Got a little bit of a commission for every tire (or set of tires) we sold, so there was also some initiative. That was a good job now that I look back on it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah, those were the days. Full service meant full service. They even trained all of the attendants on the tire-changing machine. So we really were equipped to take care of any problem. Got a little bit of a commission for every tire (or set of tires) we sold, so there was also some initiative. That was a good job now that I look back on it.
We're lucky if there's soap in the squeegee bucket next to the pump. It's usually just dirty water.

One thing most people in CA don't know, is that stations have to provide free air by law. All they have to do is tell the checker to turn the air on. Many still pay. Though all the pay pumps are garbage.
I miss real air compressors at stations.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's right. Forgot about that. That thing always creeped me out. Just knew I was gojng to lose a finger in it some day. I think I only actually used the thing once or twice to put a patch inside a tire. We used to get a commission on any oil, or engine products we sold too. Becky used to pump gas down in CA too. She still claims that was her favorite job of all time. She got to flirt with guys all day and got a lot of tips. Sexist creeps. I rarely got tips unless it was near a holiday or I used a rag when filling an MG or something. She actually had John Robinson and Tom Flores come through her station in central CA. She had no idea who they were until the other guys at the station complained about her not letting them take that car.