Just re-watched the Eagle game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For those who are concerned about the lack of pass rush maybe you should go back and focus upon how Staley is playing his front 4. On most plays, he's basically only rushing 3 his base d-line. He also has Sebass playing a 0 technique which is a two-gap technique, not an attacking penetration style. Watch where he aligns Floyd (#54). He aligns him almost in a quasi SAM position where he first reads the play and that determines whether or not he rushes. Why do you think I've been saying that Staley has no cajones and is playing his defense not to attack but to contain like a scared little boy. Why do you think as bad as Philly played they still had almost as much yardage and as many 1st downs as the Rams? Staley doesn't care about sacks or QB pressure in that it isn't a priority. He's playing a conservative defense of let the offense run their play and the Rams try to limit the yardage and wait for an offensive mistake. He's simply trying to contain the offense not stop it.

IMO that is a loser scheme. It's working now because teams are playing like its preseason and still working their bugs out. But as the season wears on that's going to change. The more I breakdown what he's doing it makes me sick. Go ahead and look very closely at how he's playing his defense and how he's got them aligned pre-snap. The immediately after the snap look at the delayed reaction of the front 7 as Staley wants them to read the play first. He's taken away their natural aggression. Why do you think their sack total and pressure totals are so pathetic considering the talent upfront.

What I did was do stop motion on replays and simply did small incremental movements after the snap. On a sweep, the entire Ram d-line didn't react to the snap but simply stayed for what had to be a full second before they reacted. I've never seen that nonsense before in the NFL. Go ahead and do it for yourselves I'm really not liking what I'm seeing. He's neutralized AD's single biggest advantage which is his amazing quickness off the snap. Staley is turning a HOF interior rusher into a JAG. I only hope AD stops playing this nonsense and just plays his normal game.

Yeah count me as not a fan of Staley. I hope to God I'm wrong because if I'm right this team will get ripped in the playoffs if they get the wrong matchup. But sooner or later it will cost them big unless Staley grows some cajones and turns his dogs loose.

yeah - Kromer & the O”Line stink.

It’s hard to figure out right now,but I’ll say The Rams D” came through. Brockers is so huge for this defense & yes I noticed Donald playing Great Run defense. He also got after the QB a couple of times.Just waiting for someone to say something about a underrated D”Lineman this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man, you sure type a ton, lol. I wish I had that amount of time to analyze and opinionize on this team and staff so much, although maybe not...

I will just continue to be a fan and enjoy what I see as an up and coming defense and an ever evolving offense. No need for so much criticism over a 2-0 start. This stuff is supposed to be fun man...

Agree - I a Kool-Aide drinker. Last season The Rams were 3-0 & didn’t make the playoffs.

I like the youth. Not a Kenny Young fan,but in the 2nd half after I wrote him he made 2 key plays.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No need to sugar coat it lol. Boom did not play well. The line as a whole though had a really good game in Philly. I'm feeling confident about them going forward.

I think Edwards is going to make that left side on par with our right side run game. It's gonna be fun.

Havenstein is still having trouble on the edge.— Is Evans as good or better?
I think Havenstien would be better RG from what I recall.He is such a good run blocker.

Whitworth is holding up.Not sure who is going to be his backup,but Noteboom I think fits well at LT.

Corbett is tough. Solid Guard.Is he better at RG than LG?

I showed Sunday to me that Kromers cross-training paid off.Not sure the best fit, Edwards fit in well if not better for Noteboom.

Henderson almost gets the game ball IMO. Goff misses on some plays,but runs the Offense so well.His pass to Henderson was the dagger. That big run by Henderson changed the game & field position.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes but I am willing to bet Kupp doesn't fumble again all season now, so I want him back there

I don’t agree & don’t want to find out.I’m not saying I don’t like Copper Kupp as a PR guy. I just don’t like him being the full time guy,just in certain situations.

As one announcer stated about air from ball & body. He needs to change the way he holds the ball on PR.Not sure after the catch as a WR?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I respectfully disagree.

The point especially early on with teams that can run the ball with established OLs is to make sure not to get gashed in the running game. And we haven't. Not like before.

And contain is the way to play our division as every QB is mobile enough to burn us unless we play them all like we play Russell Wilson (and you'll note that we've been very good at that going back to the Fisher days).

He's playing a diagnosing D that acts like a constrictor. Once it gets that bite on, our D just starts coiling and choking the life out of the opposing O.

NO OTHER D in the NFL hasn't allowed a TD in the second half, iirc, and definitely no others have only allowed 6 points in the second half through two games.

By the second half, we've established a lead and teams are kinda scrambling to get going and that's where it's DL pressure and super solid back end play.

This D isn't sexy and I think as more teams run this year, we'll see our D rise to the top as one of the best at doing what defenses are supposed to do... mitigate opponents from scoring.

It's also a new system to the guys, so I'd rather Staley put them in position to succeed and get comfortable than pull a Josh McDaniel, expect everyone to eat the elephant in one bite and watch as everyone fails.

Our D is good and based on the patterns I see, they are bound to be VERY good come the end of the season.

Well the biggest thing I noticed was #32 from 2019 to 2020.

The first half he was amazing.Thought he had 15 tackles at one point. Couldn’t believe how many Kiser#59 had though.He did an excellent job play calling as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm telling ya!
It has to be exhausting digging that deep for someone to criticize so much, especially considering the 6 points his D has allowed in the 2nd half of games between two teams capable of scoring in droves.

It always makes me chuckle a bit when people think they know the problems and the solutions for a team that's winning easily.

I would not say winning easy,but agree with you. Buffalo will be a bigger test.The travel from Philly home & then to Up State NY.The 9er fans complaining about NFL rules because they couldn’t stay to play NJ Giants after they had to play that Jets banged up Jets team. - lol

Truer test,but 2-0 against playoff type teams is nice.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A few of my takes:
—Goff’s improved mobility is noticeable. He looks GREAT on those rollouts and bootlegs. Adds a whole new dimension to our offense.
—That end-around TD to Woods was a thing of beauty. Must’ve watched it six times. Goff’s sleight of hand was superb.
—Higbee picked up where he left off from 2019. Brimming with confidence. Had the dropsies in first couple years, but not anymore.
—McVay on fire. That SB hangover pissed him off. Two games in a row he clearly outcoached the opponent.
—Boom again did not inspire confidence. Hope Edwards holds onto the job even after Boom is healthy.
—Fake crowd noise worked great on SNF, but not so much for Fox. I’m sorry but there wouldn’t be that much loud cheering after Ram TD’s in Philly...
—When will Sloman show what he can do on a long FG? And keep blasting KO’s out of the end zone please.
—Six points allowed in two second halves? Thank you Staley.

Bottom line: in an otherwise miserable 2020, it’s great to see our Rams kicking ass!

I’ll rebuttal Staley. I think The Rams coaching staff as a WHOLE deserves credit.

Ejiro Evero is a name I’ve never seen spelled around here. Aubrey Pleasant is a HC quality type guy as well. He is always in the DB’s ear calling out plays. The announcer said The Rams bench were calling out The Run Plays.

Love how Dickerson has grown as a Rams coach & letting his FRO grow out. He has lost a lot of weight since he first became a Rams coach. I saw how OldNOTDEAD has stated he should be fired with Kromer.As a LONGTIME Rams Fan I could not disagree more & that is from going to training camps every year in So Cal from the first Irvine days before The NBA started there Summer League there & The Cal State Fullerton days. Blairfield The Rams practice site back in the 70’s.

Disagree on special teams.The Rams have been okay? . I’ll give credit & loved Johnny Hekker getting down field to try to make a Tackle & then TALK SHIT.Was like damn Johnny what up.Got to love that Firery Red though.

Slogan is has been excellent for a rookie,but first kick & then getting the point after block.Question not allow another PR guy like Webster.I like Kupp as a sure handed PR guy,but not a full time PR.
The Rams gave up a big KR,But yes the hold I saw & the (good)call was a game changer.

Saw a Fox statement & was hoping from another type,but waiting for a poster to come through.
Will post Mcvay & Goff play.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mcvay & Goff ?? How about D.Williams INT & Eagles rolling to take the lead.
Then on 4th & 1 on The Rams own 28 Mcvay calls a QB sneak.

What balls?

I remember that O.C. Pat Shurmur at Old Candlestick Park. Sam Bradford
was the OC. I yelled at him once he came down from the elevator & crossed the field. What a JOKE of a coach. A HC twice - LMAO

Anyway as I saw a chance for a historic type game go for not.It always brings me back to how easy it can be just to coach a Center & QB to get a yard on a quick cut & just get the offensive line to get set. Never understood why The Rams could never figure that out.

Mcvay? My take is he has a solid coaching staff &trust in Goff.He is giving The Offense more reins.

What balls & confidence.Knowledge of game flow was HUGE there.