Just like that T.J. is done

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
UPDATE 11:32 p.m. ET: According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, McDonald suffered a fractured leg on the play.

Sorry ROD Bros! What a shitfire FUCKED night!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That blows. He was a real bright spot on the defense. Every single tackle he had was a highlight reel.

Sad day....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
That blows. He was a real bright spot on the defense. Every single tackle he had was a highlight reel.

Sad day....

Too bad he missed one for every one he made. :ww:

But we will miss him. Giordano is not a good player.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Oh, that BA-lows.

Daniels is hurt and Giordano is not good. Is Mikell still available?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
bwdenverram said:
Oh, that BA-lows.

Get ready for long dosages of Giordano, Fisher went with Dahl all of last year. Think we can expect more of the same of Rams special: slow white guy safety attack.

Shame about McDonald, he was my favourite out there, he really kept our run defense from being worse than it was, he whiffed a few times, but when he hits guys he hit them good.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fuck these injuries. Fuck them, fuck them, FUCK THEM!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Strange looking injury. Didnt look like any direct contact unless it was the old cleat stick in the track thing. Too bad, exciting player.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I played safety.

And I'm probably good for one series too. :p

paceram

Pro Bowler
bwdenverram said:
Oh, that BA-lows.

How about Cody Davis? Is there any chance he gets a shot or at least being promoted to the active roster?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
HometownBoy said:
bwdenverram said:
Oh, that BA-lows.

Get ready for long dosages of Giordano, Fisher went with Dahl all of last year. Think we can expect more of the same of Rams special: slow white guy safety attack.

Shame about McDonald, he was my favourite out there, he really kept our run defense from being worse than it was, he whiffed a few times, but when he hits guys he hit them good.
Slow people are slow irrespective of their color!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
paceram said:
How about Cody Davis? Is there any chance he gets a shot or at least being promoted to the active roster?

I liek that idea, i hope he gets called up.

Feel bad for McDonald, he was playing good.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I simply loved this 2013 draft selection. I loved his bravado! TJ was one of the few defenders who brought the hit with his tackles after Safety Matt Daniels broke his lower leg. Two very good safeties out for the year! Get them ready for 2014!

Now as far as TJ's replacement ....since I see this team as less than a 5 game win team I want to develop player... not get by with older not going to help Ram future teams getting experience on the field. :grr:

If it were my decision I would play your future youth now! Get them ready for the future.

#1-Bring up Ram rookie Cody Davis from the PS to replace TJ on the 53 player roster.
#2- Resign safety Rashard Hall to replace Davis on the PS.
#3-I would get the still youthful 25 yr old former starter Darian Stewart to take TJ place back as starter. Lets find out if he can be the player he was in 2011. If so we have a future Ram safety here.
#4-Return Matt Giordano back to top reserve safety.

McLeod & Stewart as starters & Giordano & Cody Davis as reserves.

In addition Ram have issues with its highest paid DB leader & most experienced player in the Ram secondary....50 million $$$ Cortland Finnegan. With his great cost to your team overall (....in the Ram team Cap bank account & on game day...) what to do. Simply put... you loose with Cortland being your starting CB & you loose with Cortland being your Nickle back! Can he remember how to play safety from his yrs in college? Is he really capable of playing Safety period? ....I just don't think he is any good any longer. He is a very big liability period in any position you put him in. I would move rookie Brandon McGee up to the Nickle Back position make Cortland Finnegan your DIME Back like Fisher did with the present Eagles starting CB ex ram Fletcher. Then dump Cortland ASAP when its best for the cap in 2014. For now get him off the field as we saw last night when he was removed the secondary got better.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
BonifayRam said:
I simply loved this 2013 draft selection. I loved his bravado! TJ was one of the few defenders who brought the hit with his tackles after Safety Matt Daniels broke his lower leg. Two very good safeties out for the year! Get them ready for 2014!

Now as far as TJ's replacement ....since I see this team as less than a 5 game win team I want to develop player... not get by with older not going to help Ram future teams getting experience on the field. :grr:

If it were my decision I would play your future youth now! Get them ready for the future.

#1-Bring up Ram rookie Cody Davis from the PS to replace TJ on the 53 player roster.
#2- Resign safety Rashard Hall to replace Davis on the PS.
#3-I would get the still youthful 25 yr old former starter Darian Stewart to take TJ place back as starter. Lets find out if he can be the player he was in 2011. If so we have a future Ram safety here.
#4-Return Matt Giordano back to top reserve safety.

McLeod & Stewart as starters & Giordano & Cody Davis as reserves.

In addition Ram have issues with its highest paid DB leader & most experienced player in the Ram secondary....50 million $$$ Cortland Finnegan. With his great cost to your team overall (....in the Ram team Cap bank account & on game day...) what to do. Simply put... you loose with Cortland being your starting CB & you loose with Cortland being your Nickle back! Can he remember how to play safety from his yrs in college? Is he really capable of playing Safety period? ....I just don't think he is any good any longer. He is a very big liability period in any position you put him in. I would move rookie Brandon McGee up to the Nickle Back position make Cortland Finnegan your DIME Back like Fisher did with the present Eagles starting CB ex ram Fletcher. Then dump Cortland ASAP when its best for the cap in 2014. For now get him off the field as we saw last night when he was removed the secondary got better.

Great ideas.
It's now or never for Stewart.

As far as Finnegan, He started out so well last season then tailed off. It was reported he had a minor thigh injury and he might have, but now it looks like he lost a step during the season. He was able to hide it for the most part.
We all read the camp reports of every WR the Rams have beating Courtland maybe we should have known this was coming ..considering our WR's.
At least another step or 2 has been lost. But it's more than that, it looks like he more lost than the rooks at time. It's like he's playing concussed out there. Watching him this year I don't think there is anyway he can play CB in the NFL anymore unless somehow he can reverse the trend. Maybe hide him in dime packages on a limited basis. Use him as a blitzer.
Yeah he could maybe slide over to Safety. He is a vet and understands the game. Is he better than McLeod? not at this point. But he could still be a asset.

I really hate to see this, I liked what he brought to the team. But he has to go, give him a bit of time as a spot player and no improvement IR him and move on.