Just hyperbole

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Lets say Austin Patterson and warmack are all gone by pick 16 what 2 players would still make your day if we drafted them

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cooper and Keenan Allen

Fluker and Vacarro in the mix too.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Cooper and a trade down at 22 for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
CGI_Ram said:
Cooper and Keenan Allen

Just don't see the Keenan Allen attraction. I watched him a fair amount and nothing about him said NFL star to me. Add to that the season ending injury that no one wants to give much info on. It doesn't fill me with confidence.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
Cooper and Keenan Allen

Just don't see the Keenan Allen attraction. I watched him a fair amount and nothing about him said NFL star to me. Add to that the season ending injury that no one wants to give much info on. It doesn't fill me with confidence.

I get the injury concerns.

He's regarded by many to be the most NFL ready; route running, physicality, and hands.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
Cooper and Keenan Allen

He's regarded by many to be the most NFL ready; route running, physicality, and hands.

Now come on you cant just make a claim like that and not back it up lol just messin with ya cgi

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's too bad the QB situation was so bad with Cal. Pretty hard to judge Allen by the games I saw this year. Of course he lit it up against Wazzu. But then again... who doesn't? :sly:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
gibsonvillenc said:
Cooper and a trade down at 22 for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year
Interesting. Any thoughts on a trading partner?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
Cooper and Keenan Allen

I watched him a lot too over his career, never jumped off the screen for me, and it's really hard to evaluate a receiver who's QB stinks. He also a bit of a body catcher. I don't like him in the first round.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Trade down from #16 and take Larry Warford at #22. I know that my opinion isn't going to be shared by everyone, but I firmly believe that Warford is the best guard in this draft (yes, even over Warmack), and in this weak class, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be considered a first round pick; he's far better than some of the other prospects at premium positions. Take him and move Watkins to left guard, and the Rams have themselves a beefy O-line that will run opposing D-lines over and have good pass-protection against them as well.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Memento said:
Trade down from #16 and take Larry Warford at #22. I know that my opinion isn't going to be shared by everyone, but I firmly believe that Warford is the best guard in this draft (yes, even over Warmack), and in this weak class, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be considered a first round pick; he's far better than some of the other prospects at premium positions. Take him and move Watkins to left guard, and the Rams have themselves a beefy O-line that will run opposing D-lines over and have good pass-protection against them as well.

Why not leave Watkins and draft Cooper to play left

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rabid Ram said:
Memento said:

Why not leave Watkins and draft Cooper to play left

I'm not a fan of Cooper. He strikes me as more of a center than a guard, and I have the feeling that he'll eventually have to move there to be the most successful. On the plus side, Cooper is a very intelligent player who is quite athletic for a man his size.

On the negative side, he struggles at pulling against faster ends and linebackers (see, Independence Bowl against Missouri), isn't strong enough to fend off larger defensive tackles, and in spite of his athleticism, he still struggles against elite quickness at defensive tackle. Sheldon Richardson (who was notoriously horrible in his sophomore year) and Dominique Hamilton (strong nose tackle who isn't close to being an NFL player) had a field day against Cooper and the UNC O-line in general when Mizzou played against them. I don't buy his Combine weight either; at the very most, he played at 295 when he was at UNC. He will be a center at the next level, not a guard.

I rank Warford, Warmack, Barrett Jones (in fact, I have no idea why his stock is dropping; he's done everything people have asked of him and more), and Kyle Long ahead of Cooper when it comes to guard.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would take Allen at 22 for sure, not sure if those other guys are gone who I would want at 16 though.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
HE WITH HORNS said:
I would take Allen at 22 for sure, not sure if those other guys are gone who I would want at 16 though.

Personally if theyre all gone im leaning twords lacey

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Here's Softli's opinion if those 3-players are gone by 16...

[tweet]315671806096838656[/tweet]

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hmm

Vaccaro or Jarvis Jones at #16?

Robert Woods or Menelik Watson at #22 - very high ceiling