Just go get Brandon Scherff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not being argumentative here btw. I think CB is a very interesting need. It's a complicated need as well because it's basically two different needs, those being a slot corner in this draft and then Williams' replacement.

Do you think it's a foregone conclusion that Williams is gone after this season?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Do you think it's a foregone conclusion that Williams is gone after this season?
The Rams have taught me not to assume they can't retain guys. So no I am making no assumptions other than seeing it as a likely need.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not being argumentative here btw. I think CB is a very interesting need. It's a complicated need as well because it's basically two different needs, those being a slot corner in this draft and then Williams' replacement.

That's why I keep feeling the need to separate the two and look at them individually.

Corner is crazy deep in this draft. Some other positions not so much. But I'm actually in agreement with you in a lot of ways re: taking the position at 57, I just want a guy who can play inside-out if we do that. If they get Molden at 57 then it means that even though he's a slot they think he's an impact guy, and it also might mean less "star" usage for Ramsey.

I don't think you are. It's really more of a value thing for me. Certain positions are just valued more than others by NFL teams, and fans get disappointed when they see those things come to light. I.e., taking an OL in the 7th rather than the 3rd or something. I don't really care who they take @ 57 or if they trade up or down. Corner is just based on the roster size, losing a good nickel, and need. They will target that pretty high vs. OL which there wasn't any movement on.

Rams77

Starter
L
Don’t sleep on Trent Williams or Alex Mack.Talk about Shanahan getting his guys.Who knows what the cost for scherff would be,but that would be a scary front if added. The NFC West just keeps getting tougher. This years #2 pick in 2021needs to be a bust.Still curious of the pick ? Could who the trade was for Fake
Somehow I knew who posted this before I even looked at the name lol. Most posts are coherent and logical on here and very very few are not

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Corner is crazy deep in this draft. Some other positions not so much. But I'm actually in agreement with you in a lot of ways re: taking the position at 57, I just want a guy who can play inside-out if we do that. If they get Molden at 57 then it means that even though he's a slot they think he's an impact guy, and it also might mean less "star" usage for Ramsey.

I have been finding myself drifting toward CB at 57. I like Molden too.

At the same time, with a deep draft at CB maybe it’s wise to wait, grab another priority there, find a CB later.

Glad I’m not selecting!

:alol:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think OL is the most troubling position group. I didn't see the sieve everyone thinks the line is. And on top of that, I don't think teams, let alone Rams, value OL that much to invest so much in them except for LT. And even at LT, it's more meh than great. Think about it...how many stud LTs are out there these days? 3, maybe 4 tops?

Most troubling group? Believe it or not it's corner. Not only do they have just 4 on the roster right now, its really thin. If Jalen or Darious Williams go down the depth is shot. If a guard went down, next man up without that much of a drop-off. I'm not worried about the line. I doubt they make that many moves on it anyway.

Few things here:

First, playing the injury game is a bad idea. If Akers goes down, Henderson is injury prone and we have nothing behind him. Kupp has only played two out of six possible playoff games. Both Kiser and Howard are coming off injury. You can go round and round with the injury game - so not worth using it in this context because everything becomes a need.

Second, with Ramsey, Williams and Hill all healthy last year, Rodgers torched us in the playoffs - so if having a great trio of CBs can't prevent that from happening, why keep investing in the position?

Third, if you want to say the above was just one bad game, that's fine - the real answer there is that it happened because we got no pressure on Rodgers. While AD was hurt, were back to the circular injury argument - but I'd point out that the Bucs had much more success against Rodgers and their secondary wasn't half as good as ours.

I think both OL and CB are needs, but we pay Ramsey to elevate the CB room. And I think it's possible we re-sign Williams anyways

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
L

Somehow I knew who posted this before I even looked at the name lol. Most posts are coherent and logical on here and very very few are not

Number 3 pick for the niners.Trent Williams & Alex Mack have been 2 of the best offensive lineman in the game.Shanahan went to the SuperBowl with Mack.The Rams brought in Sullivan who helped them go to the SuperBowl as well.Blythe is gone.Scheriff would cost a lot of COIN which The Rams don’t have.Sort of stupid to think The Rams ever had a chance with him ? I could go back and say we’re The Rams & Les Snead(Snisher)screwed up.
Coherent?? Scheriff couldn’t fit into Andrew Whitworth’s JOCK STRAP when it comes to LEADERSHIP. Be happy for what you’ve got. A HOF LT on & off the field.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Landon Dickerson is going to help whatever offensive line he is on.Dude is just a Mahler.If it All starts up Front on offense he is a center piece.Bama hasn’t offenses like the last 4 years.Mack Jones ?? Who knows what that #3 pick in 2021 will produce. I just hope Shanahan has it 100% wrong & they lost a couple 1st rd draft picks.I’d say like a Greg Robinson type pick were you get it totally wrong.

Angry Ram

Few things here:

First, playing the injury game is a bad idea. If Akers goes down, Henderson is injury prone and we have nothing behind him. Kupp has only played two out of six possible playoff games. Both Kiser and Howard are coming off injury. You can go round and round with the injury game - so not worth using it in this context because everything becomes a need.

Second, with Ramsey, Williams and Hill all healthy last year, Rodgers torched us in the playoffs - so if having a great trio of CBs can't prevent that from happening, why keep investing in the position?

Third, if you want to say the above was just one bad game, that's fine - the real answer there is that it happened because we got no pressure on Rodgers. While AD was hurt, were back to the circular injury argument - but I'd point out that the Bucs had much more success against Rodgers and their secondary wasn't half as good as ours.

I think both OL and CB are needs, but we pay Ramsey to elevate the CB room. And I think it's possible we re-sign Williams anyways

Troy Hill isn't here anymore tho. If JR, DW, TH, and DL were here, fine. But it's not. The issue is number. Right now, they couldn't even do a dime package if one got hurt.

Anyone my whole point wasn't about performance. Its about positional value and actual need. I highly highly doubt they will prioritize OL over corner this year. I won't even be surprised if they go for a DL.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Troy Hill isn't here anymore tho. If JR, DW, TH, and DL were here, fine. But it's not. The issue is number. Right now, they couldn't even do a dime package if one got hurt.

Anyone my whole point wasn't about performance. Its about positional value and actual need. I highly highly doubt they will prioritize OL over corner this year. I won't even be surprised if they go for a DL.

Last year we kept 4 CBs active. We would currently have 4 CBs active, swapping Hill for Long. And while Long is a complete unknown, Hill and Williams were relative unknowns/mediocre players coming into the season, and we ignored CB completely last year.

We're scheduled to lose four offensive linemen next year, so I'd be shocked if we didn't draft two this year.

Angry Ram

Last year we kept 4 CBs active. We would currently have 4 CBs active, swapping Hill for Long. And while Long is a complete unknown, Hill and Williams were relative unknowns/mediocre players coming into the season, and we ignored CB completely last year.

We're scheduled to lose four offensive linemen next year, so I'd be shocked if we didn't draft two this year.

We'll see. I doubt they are going to let all 4 go and replace them all in a draft. I'd imagine they'd resign some.

Anyway we don't know if Donte Deyon or David Long will pan out. Just b/c DW did doesn't mean they will too. Opponents using 3 - 5 WRs and only 4 corners. Do the math. One goes down, you're screwed. OL goes down, next man up without much of a noticeable drop off.

If they do take OL I bet it won't be until the latter half of the draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Prepare to be shocked.David Long was always on the game day roster.
I can’t see any of The Rams Offensive Lineman getting cut. Landon Dickerson would be an excellent pick because of that reason.Special Teams plays more of a part in the game day roster.

TexasRam

Legend
Chiefs go out and get pro bowl/all pro caliber Olineman. Brown, Long and Thuney.

Niners - Williams and Mack.

While the Rams are scrambling to get under the cap and hoping to land their Center with a late 2nd round pick.

But I am supposed to believe Sneed is some kind of genius? :per:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Few things here:

Great post and so true. Every position is a “need” in the event of injury.