Just Glanced at a Couple Mock Drafts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This is a good site to do so...http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

I was just curious about where they thought the RG3 and what player. Mid to late top ten pick seemed to be the consensus, which is cool. But I hated that both drafts had us picking Jake Matthews! Both said we'll be losing Saffold so that's enough to justify the pick blah blah blah...

I know it's early but they really don't watch the games, do they? If they woulda watched the first ten minuites of the last game they woulda seen Saffold started at RG not RT. Barksdale is doing fine and we don't need Saffold if he's gonna command more than he's worth. Sure as hell doesn't warrant a top ten pick.

jap

Legend
This is a good site to do so...http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

I was just curious about where they thought the RG3 and what player. Mid to late top ten pick seemed to be the consensus, which is cool. But I hated that both drafts had us picking Jake Matthews! Both said we'll be losing Saffold so that's enough to justify the pick blah blah blah...

I know it's early but they really don't watch the games, do they? If they woulda watched the first ten minuites of the last game they woulda seen Saffold started at RG not RT. Barksdale is doing fine and we don't need Saffold if he's gonna command more than he's worth. Sure as hell doesn't warrant a top ten pick.

The vast majority of these "expert" mock drafters never seem to have a clue as to the Rams' needs/desires.

lockdnram21

Legend
Yea just like they think were going to pick receiver in 1st round. I highly doubt we pick a receiver in 1st round

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The vast majority of these "expert" mock drafters never seem to have a clue as to the Rams' needs/desires.
Yea just like they think were going to pick receiver in 1st round. I highly doubt we pick a receiver in 1st round

Kinda feels like a trade down year, doesn't it? Being this draft is top heavy then it's not a bad idea to stock up on the second round studs.

We could fix the interior with a couple third round guards or maybe even a second and a third. I think Snead was really wanting Warford last year.

You sure as heck can't rule out WR IMO. If Quick turns in on these last 6 games then I think you can. IDK, though. It's all pretty hardcore stipulation at this point.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep mr.stlouis it does feel like a good opportunity to add some additional picks & trade down a few times. Just hope that Snead can use those additional picks better than what he has done the last two yrs.

Most seem think that the Rams will select a OL'er with that top pick either Mathews or Kouandjio....as a replacement for the departing UFA OL'er Saffold. I see many advantages to selecting one of these OL'er myself......the loss of Saffold gives the Rams a gaping hole @ Swing OT and a present starting OG....both of those above listed OL'ers could fill two needs with one pick they could slide into the vacant Left OG starting position as they learn the NFL & if a need arises @ OT...they could fill in there....looks sound to me.

Boudreau does not have any bonified OL candidate currently on the roster being groomed to be the replacement for Saffold. Both Jake & Cyrus are run blocking demons for college OT's. Cyrus's early impressive play @ Bama permitted coach Saban to move his recent highly decorated 2011 Outland Trophy winner starting left OT Barrett Jones to Bama's most important OL position @ center. Cyrus may end up being a much better left OT than Jake Mathews who has the skills to be an all star Right OT IMO.

I also see many have us taking the now gimpy MCL injured NT Louis Nix once again this run stopper would sure fit in well in the rotation also helps if the Rams needed to tend to the cap in 2015 & release Kendall Langford would add 6 mil of space.

I would prefer the Rams going DB with the second first round pick & taking the best corner or safety in the draft. A new top corner would permit the release of Cortland Finnegan with added cap space of 4 million. The selection of a safety would permit safety Rodney McLeod to secure the starting Nickle position & also set a possible starting duo of Bama's safety Clinton-Dix with safety TJ McDonald. That young safety duo would change the world in the Rams secondary.....Still permitting the release of Cortland Finnegan.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Personally I'd take a dominant O line over an OK one, but maybe that's just me.

Jake Matthews and a DB in round one would be fantastic (in my opinion), but Louis "hop-along" Nix and who knows what else would be far more likely given Fisher's draft history.

V3

Hall of Fame

We probably won't pick a WR but that doesn't mean we don't need one. We don't have a #1 on this team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we are in range of a blue chip, you take him.

If the QB market is hot we might get some trade options.

I like a lot of guys in the current projected top 10!

V3

Hall of Fame
Yep mr.stlouis it does feel like a good opportunity to add some additional picks & trade down a few times. Just hope that Snead can use those additional picks better than what he has done the last two yrs.

Most seem think that the Rams will select a OL'er with that top pick either Mathews or Kouandjio....as a replacement for the departing UFA OL'er Saffold. I see many advantages to selecting one of these OL'er myself......the loss of Saffold gives the Rams a gaping hole @ Swing OT and a present starting OG....both of those above listed OL'ers could fill two needs with one pick they could slide into the vacant Left OG starting position as they learn the NFL & if a need arises @ OT...they could fill in there....looks sound to me.

Boudreau does not have any bonified OL candidate currently on the roster being groomed to be the replacement for Saffold. Both Jake & Cyrus are run blocking demons for college OT's. Cyrus's early impressive play @ Bama permitted coach Saban to move his recent highly decorated 2011 Outland Trophy winner starting left OT Barrett Jones to Bama's most important OL position @ center. Cyrus may end up being a much better left OT than Jake Mathews who has the skills to be an all star Right OT IMO.

I also see many have us taking the now gimpy MCL injured NT Louis Nix once again this run stopper would sure fit in well in the rotation also helps if the Rams needed to tend to the cap in 2015 & release Kendall Langford would add 6 mil of space.

I would prefer the Rams going DB with the second first round pick & taking the best corner or safety in the draft. A new top corner would permit the release of Cortland Finnegan with added cap space of 4 million. The selection of a safety would permit safety Rodney McLeod to secure the starting Nickle position & also set a possible starting duo of Bama's safety Clinton-Dix with safety TJ McDonald. That young safety duo would change the world in the Rams secondary.....Still permitting the release of Cortland Finnegan.

We don't need to spend another first round pick on a run stuffing DT. We already did that with Brockers. Run stuffers aren't worth a first round pick, anyway. He'd better be the kind of DT that collapse the pocket and get sacks. That's what Langford was supposed to be. Langford has been our best DT this year.

I just hate taking DT's in the first round, period. Very high bust rate and they don't change the game enough to warrant that kind of risk.

fearsomefour

Legend
We don't need to spend another first round pick on a run stuffing DT. We already did that with Brockers. Run stuffers aren't worth a first round pick, anyway. He'd better be the kind of DT that collapse the pocket and get sacks. That's what Langford was supposed to be. Langford has been our best DT this year.

I just hate taking DT's in the first round, period. Very high bust rate and they don't change the game enough to warrant that kind of risk.

A true run stuffer, a guy that commands constant double teams and can control the push of the interior line, are worth their weight in gold. The keep blockers off of the LBs which would be fantastic given our LBs speed. Any guy taken top ten at DT needs to be a run stuffer first and should be able to collapse the pocket with a bull rush if nothing else. Having a true force next to Brockers would allow him to roam singled up most of the time as well. I did notice that Langford was commanding a lot more double teams than Brockers the last two games. Langford is good, certainly, having a chance to grab a game changer at that position is the same as grabbing a game changer at any other and should not be undervalued.

V3

Hall of Fame
Everything I've ever heard from coaches, GM's, etc has said that unless the DT is a NT in a 3-4(that's when they are worth it), you can find run stuffers later in the draft and if you're going to take a 4-3 DT in the first, they should be able to get to the QB. That's exactly why Randy Karriker was so upset with the pick and went on a tirade on the radio after the pick. I know RK isn't really anyone of particular importance but it just shows that he's heard and believes the same principle. I thought Brockers was starting to look like a decent pass rusher towards the end of last season but this year he's been largely invisible with the exception of a couple games. If you think run stuffers are worth a first round pick, that's fine. I don't agree, though. I prefer to get players that have the ability to change games in the first round. With the exception of a VERY few DT's, they just don't do that. They can play key roles but they can't/don't take games over or force the other team to game-plan around them.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Hopefully our highest pick gets turned into a few more for the years ahead (someone wanting a QB or Clowny or Barr...). And then we would get the value by getting multiple guys who can help (Safety or CB a guard or 2 or just general depth throughout....).

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's not always about needs. If you don't take the best player on the board you just killed the team a little bit. Less talent = less wins.
Long has what. maybe 2 good years left? Same year Barks contract up? Take Matthews fit him in and win some games. Best 5.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I want an elite run stuffer because im sick and fucking tired of the Rams making Demarco Murrey look like a god. Also letting CJ1k look like CJ2k wasn't very fun either. If we get him in round 1, im fine with that, if we grab him in a later round, i am fine with that also, as long as stop that nonsense.