Just Because I'm Curious Poll!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which game of the Rams 1st 5 is most important, and why!?

• Colts, because it's the Rams 1st game!?

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Redskin's, because it's McVay's Former Team!?

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • 49ers, because their two wins last year,came at ourexpense!

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Cow-Pie's, the Cow-Pie's and are supposed to have the Best O-Line!

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Sea-Chickens, Just BECAUSE!

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just had this thought, Of the Rams first 5 games, witch one do you think is most Important to the Team!?! Please give your reasons!!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Honestly Dave, where is the all of thee above?. It would be fantastic to beat all 5 because those are already more W's than what we've seen last season. But if I had to choose 1 it would be the Niners!

Psycho_X

Legend
Can't really choose one. It all depends no what happens beforehand. I would say obviously the Whiners and Seahawks are the "most" important. But we've all seen the last 5 years what it means if you only win division games. If we lose to the Colts and Redskins badly the Whiners game is going to seem really important suddenly. If we get to the Seahawks and we're 0-4 we're basically already screwed.

So my coach answer is... the most important game is the next one we play.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
This is like picking a favorite child. If it's implied that we would lose all the others, then I have to go with beating the 49ers.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The first game is the most important. Goff needs his first win and McVay need that first win. We have 2 guys pretty new to their role our QB and our HC. To get that first win of the season is a big confidence boost to both

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm with train and dxmissle.........starting with a W is meaningful.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I chose the colts, because without a win in week 1 they will not be able to finish the regular season 16-0.

Making 2017 a meaningless season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is like picking a favorite child. If it's implied that we would lose all the others, then I have to go with beating the 49ers.
I'm really not trying to imply This ^^ at all, I'm just wondering, which one would be most important to the Team! I want to Win them all and then some! I want us to go at least 9-0 before we lose our 1st game!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Game one...hell that first drive of the preseason with the first unit is huge....I remember when Kurt took over for Trent....think it was preseason game 3 or 4...I coulda swore he went right down and put in a TD....then I felt Vermeils words were true....we looked every bit as potent as with Trent Green....and led to a great start of a season...3 and outs....you watch what happens.
Plus the Colts don't have Luck even throwing passes yet...they won't be sharp.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I'm really not trying to imply This ^^ at all, I'm just wondering, which one would be most important to the Team! I want to Win them all and then some! I want us to go at least 9-0 before we lose our 1st game!
In that case... You start the season off right with a win against the Colts.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I chose the colts, because without a win in week 1 they will not be able to finish the regular season 16-0.

Making 2017 a meaningless season.
This could be a lock, IF Luck doesn't even Play the 1st game of the Season!;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First game is huge. Have to start the year well on offense. Then it shifts to the next games me and so on. One game at a time but we have to start strong.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I'm going Colts because,it is important that we get off to a good start.
Our guys could use some confidence after the way last year ended.
I am going to go ahead and say were 3-0 to start off the season
Our offense may be a little up and down in the first three,but will show glimpses
of what could be a dangerous group as the season progresses.Goff will make us proud.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This could be a lock, IF Luck doesn't even Play the 1st game of the Season!;)

Even with Luck the Rams should win this game with their D. And I'm expecting a the O to be much improved, so IMO a thrashing of the colts is eminent.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Plus the Colts don't have Luck even throwing passes yet...they won't be sharp.
Mob_squad_album.jpg

Must be lunch time!!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Agree. What happened last year was the 9ers doing what I always say as a Rams fan:
"If we only win 2 games all year, I want it to be vs the 9ers."

...but a win opening day would be GIGANTIC for the new regime and us, the fan base. Hope would be restored, plus it seamed as though the fisher teams never seemed ready in week 1 except the year we played the seahawks.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I picked the Colts for the team, the Whiners for my personal well-being.

The team needs that first win to get the spectre of losing out of their heads. A win is vital for the team to fully buy-in to what the new staff is selling. The confidence boost could be bigger than enormous!

Hopefully, they'll be rolling by the Whiners game and will absolutely steamroll those freakers!! That would benefit me tremendously here in the land of Whine!

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I went with a win in game 1, just like all the gentleman said before me, confidenice builder for the whole team under a new coaching staff.