Just because I'm "BORED!" Trivia Question!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Test your Football IQ!!
"WITHOUT Cheating!!" Question: In the History of the NFL there are now "5" Defunct Franchises, Can you Name them!! Tick Tock! Tick Tock!:mrburnsevil:
I'll come back Tonight and give you the answers!!:D ( Around 5:00 pm PST)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will give it a shot and I think there are more than five:
  1. Chicago Tigers
  2. Cleveland (I think they were the Tigers & Indians)
  3. Muncie Flyers
  4. Rochester Jeffersons
  5. Akron Pros
  6. Canton Bulldogs
I think there were two other teams, one in Columbus and another in Rock something, off the top of my head, that's the best I can do.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will give it a shot and I think there are more than five:
  1. Chicago Tigers
  2. Cleveland (I think they were the Tigers & Indians)
  3. Muncie Flyers
  4. Rochester Jeffersons
  5. Akron Pros
  6. Canton Bulldogs
I think there were two other teams, one in Columbus and another in Rock something, off the top of my head, that's the best I can do.
Well .. My List is according to "Pro-Football-Reference.com" I noticed it when I click on the Rams Head to Head competition section. And none of your Teams where mentioned!
I don't know how they set up their criteria!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Decatur Staleys ? Only team I know that might even be possibly on the list ( although the were kinda the bears ) do fint know if they count

Psycho_X

Legend
Dayton Triangles I think were NFL or whatever the NFL used to be called. Not sure what the guidelines are for timeline or what version of the NFL applies.

I only know this one off the top of my head because it was a bonus question a teacher I had put on one of his tests for bonus points way back in high school.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Boston Bulldogs
Brooklyn Dodgers
Washington Senators

There was a Boston Yankees too I believe

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Decatur Staleys ? Only team I know that might even be possibly on the list ( although the were kinda the bears ) do fint know if they count
NOPE!!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dayton Triangles I think were NFL or whatever the NFL used to be called. Not sure what the guidelines are for timeline or what version of the NFL applies.

I only know this one off the top of my head because it was a bonus question a teacher I had put on one of his tests for bonus points way back in high school.
Give your Teacher an "F" He's wrong!
I will have Photos to go with the answers at 5:00pm PST!!!!

Psycho_X

Legend
Give your Teacher an "F" He's wrong!
I will have Photos to go with the answers at 5:00pm PST!!!!

Yeah just did some research on that, like I said depends on if you are speaking strictly when the NFL was called the NFL. Triangles were part of the APFA which was part of what became the NFL eventually. And, at least according to wiki, were descendants of what eventually became the Dallas Texans for a season which has already been confirmed. Saw some of the other names but will save that for anyone who might actually know. Interesting question though.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I looked it up because I had no fucking clue. Was shown 8 different teams.

*Another list showed like 20 lol. So who knows.

**Found another with like 30 on it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I looked it up because I had no freaking clue. Was shown 8 different teams.

Another list showed like 20 lol. So who knows.
What Teams where they!?!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't wait until 5:00pm to give you my "5" !! They are;
The Boston Yanks - 1944-48
Boston Yanks2.png
Boston-Yanks.jpg

Boston Yanks Ace Parker.jpg

The Brooklyn Tigers 1930 -1944

Harry Newton-Brooklyn Tigers.jpg

The New York Yanks - 1949-1951

New York Yanks 1946.jpg

New York Yanks All Amer.Football Conf..jpg

the Dallas Texans 1952
cowboys_texans.jpg
Dallas Texans1.jpg
texans1952.jpg

And the Baltimore Colts
BC1.jpg
Colts-Rams.jpg
Johnny U.jpg

Don't ask me why the Colts are on this List! This is all according to Pro-Football-Preference

This has all been a very interesting Topic! "@Tron " Has a lot he has PM'd me about this Topic, So I'm going to let him add it in!! It should make for a very interesting conversation!

Side Note! Gentlemen, I started this because I was "Bored" BUT it made me THINK, ROD is about Talking Football, Talking about "GOOD" Rams Topic's! Let's not be "Debbie Downers" when things get Tough! WE DON'T WANT TO TURN INTO AN ARM OF THE POST DISPAYCH AROUND HERE, AND ALL SOUND LIKE JT!!PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO THINK OF A NEW THREAD!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
From Wikipedia, they have a much much much larger and expanded list of defunct NFL teams:

The following is a list and brief history of American football franchises that at one time played in the National Football League (NFL). The NFL was known as the American Professional Football Association (APFA) in 1920 and 1921. Note that the list represents NFL franchises that no longer exist, not franchises/teams that relocated. However, during the 1920s it is hard to tell if some teams changed nicknames from year to year or if each nickname represented a new franchise. It was also not uncommon for two or more teams to have the same nickname during the same season. No NFL franchise has folded since 1952. The Buccaneers, Colts, Cowboys, Giants, Lions, Panthers, and Texans franchises listed on this page are not the current franchises of those names. A defunct team, in this case, refers to a team which has had the rights to have a team returned to the NFL (or league collective at the time). Massillon Tigers attended the meetings in 1920, but never fielded a team in 1920.

Six defunct teams won an APFA/NFL championship: 1920 Akron Pros, 1922 and 1923 Canton Bulldogs, 1924 Cleveland Bulldogs, 1926 Frankford Yellow Jackets and 1928 Providence Steam Roller.

1920s
1930s
[1]

1940s–1950s
[1]

I counted 51 teams. I never imagined there were that many. Back in the day teams were started and went out just as fast it seems.