Just a few thoughts about the Charger game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Goff had a few bright moments, but it's fair to say that he did not take another step up from his play vs the Raiders. Hope he gets a few snaps with the ones vs the Packers. He needs it.

I had hoped for more from Watkins thus far. Where is the chemistry with Goff?

Mannion is coming along. Hope we don't need him this year, but if we do I don't think all is lost.

Hope McVay knows what he's doing in resting so many starters last night. Very unconventional and contrary to what he had earlier proclaimed that he would do. Last minute decision by coaching staff? And if so, why? Head scratcher for me.

I really like our RB position corps. Don't think Green now makes it.

I'm not yet comfortable with our OL right side. Step back from vs the Raiders, don't you think? Two steps forward then one step back for right side starters? Kromer's decisions on OL backup keepers will be interesting, too. One of the most important position groups to follow. Honestly, I don't know how to handicap these backup player prospects. Gotta trust in Kromer.

Too bad about Hemingway, but I still like our TE position. Really like it. And I like the idea of keeping Harkey on the 53, too.

What can I say about the WR corps? Top 3 are solid and Cooper and Reynolds have really impressed me. Thomas had a good game vs Raiders. We're beyond okay at WR now, y'all. Reynolds, in particular, really stood out last night to me. Great pick in the 4th round. I think he's gonna be a future star, tbh. Tavon who? Lol.

Yeah, our backup DL was overmatched. But what should we have expected vs the Charger ones? I think Wade wanted to see his backups throughout his D last night. Gave him good film to study before final cuts are here. More about that in a moment.

We seem deep at LB to me. A pleasant surprise from my OTA expectations. Are we gonna keep 8 or 9? So many LB's have flashed this preseason. Love it.

CB will be fine. Lots of options for backups. Almost too many, huh?

Same thing at S. Lots of options.

Couple of things that I suspect...

Wade likes his projected starters. I mean, he likes them a LOT. So much so that he chose to rest so many of them all preseason so that he could get looooog looks at the many quality backup candidates for the 53. A very nice position for an elite DC to be in, don't you think? I predict a top 5 D under Wade this year (I'm assuming a healthy Quinn and AD getting his extension handled soon).

McVay has the weapons in place for Goff. Absolutely no remaining doubt in my mind, anymore.

Watkins (star quality)
Woods
Kupp (gonna be a star this year)
Reynolds (gonna be a star)
Cooper
Everett (potentially a star quality TE weapon)
Higbee
Gurley

It all depends on Goff and the right side of the OL. There will be ups and downs, but I'm fairly confident about Hav and JB. By game 6, if not sooner, they should be really clicking.

Goff can play in this league. He can make plays that few other QB's can make. But he simply has to go through the learning process as he masters the intricacies of QB play at this level. But I'll say this. He will not lack for quality coaching and quality O weapons. The Rams are loaded in both areas. No excuses allowed in either area. None.

Color me optimistic about our overall prospects for this season. I stand by my 10-6 prediction.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Goff can play in this league. He can make plays that few other QB's can make. But he simply has to go through the learning process as he masters the intricacies of QB play at this level. But I'll say this. He will not lack for quality coaching and quality O weapons. The Rams are loaded in both areas. No excuses allowed in either area. None.
Very well said. 43

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
More question than answers after last night with a bunch of the D-Line backups....Havenstein and Brown should be replaced...again, I'm asking that dude from Jacksonville if he really wants to play? Brandon Albert....

TexasRam

Legend
People don't quite realize how good Bosa is. He's your next defensive player of the year coming up. His rookie year he has what 11 sacks in 12 games.

It was good to put Hav against him 1 on 1 to see where Havenstein is at. Now you know. In the future you provide at lest a chip by a back on Bosa or similar player bs Hav.

I was good with Goff. He looked real good to me moving the offense down the field with crisp execution. Outside of the floater that wobbled like a duck, and a few others he missed. Lots of solid execution and accurate passes reflective of what we have seen all preseason.

I'm excited after this game because I see
Reynolds and Sammy outside as forces with Kupp in the slot. A hugely upgraded unit.

I'm not judging our defense based on a
Few starters. Joyner is concerning me in coverage but with our pass rush teams won't have time for a deep route like that to develop.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well I'm guessing the AD sit chee ation is going to be resolved very soon

Carry on

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
People don't quite realize how good Bosa is. He's your next defensive player of the year coming up. His rookie year he has what 11 sacks in 12 games.

It was good to put Hav against him 1 on 1 to see where Havenstein is at. Now you know. In the future you provide at lest a chip by a back on Bosa or similar player bs Hav.

I was good with Goff. He looked real good to me moving the offense down the field with crisp execution. Outside of the floater that wobbled like a duck, and a few others he missed. Lots of solid execution and accurate passes reflective of what we have seen all preseason.

I'm excited after this game because I see
Reynolds and Sammy outside as forces with Kupp in the slot. A hugely upgraded unit.

I'm not judging our defense based on a
Few starters. Joyner is concerning me in coverage but with our pass rush teams won't have time for a deep route like that to develop.

This is a very good post

Bravo Sir!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ram43, you freakin' homer! 10-6? H-e-double hockey sticks! We know it's gonna be 9-7!:rockon: