Just a few general post draft thoughts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This draft had McVay's fingerprints all over it. He got HIS players at HIS positions. Snead found the players and stacked the board for him.

When they passed on Lamp, it told us all we needed to know about their impressions of their current OL players AND of the new draft crop of OL players.

This will be a pass first O, making Gurley even more effective.

Two TE sets will be common. Three TE sets will sometimes be seen.

Woods, Reynolds, and Kupp constitute a very dangerous trio.

Opponents will have to defend every blade of grass henceforth. No more 8 man boxes.

We'll see more screens. A lot more. Some with that new kid Rogers.

We now can and will attack short, medium, and long. That's the way McVay rolls.

I predict that Tavon will struggle to remain a starter. I predict that he will drop to 4th on the WR depth chart by no later than game 6, but it could happen by opening day. Yeah, I said it.

Kromer will quickly settle the question of whether our '16 OL was personnel or coaching.

Goff has gotta take the next step. He's just gotta. If he does, we can be a 10-6 or better team. Maybe even playoffs.

Wade is gonna have a field day with all this talent. Maybe a top 5 D this year? Wouldn't bet against him, especially if the O starts to do their fair share.

Hope Quinn is finally healthy. If he is, look out!

Gurley is reportedly bigger, faster, and stronger. I see 1500 yards for him in this new O.

Position battles on the right side of our OL are gonna be intense. I predict Hav at RT and Brown at RG, but who knows? Best 5 will play.

I see intense battles at WR, LB, CB, and S, as well.

I can hardly wait for those camp reports to start rolling in.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've always scratched my head when teams signed "smurfs". There's a reason why there aren't very many small players in the NFL, though there are a few who do excel. I'm skeptical either Austin or Joyner can excel. Both better play well this upcoming season especially Austin on account of his salary.

I sure hope some others from ROD besides me attend TC. I'm going to try and post some of what I see going on. I can see already I'm going to be over my head in being able to report a lot of what will be taking place. Like I've posted before, I'm going to concentrate on the OL, I'll have enough to report on there.

JRobinson

MiLB
I'm skeptical either Austin or Joyner can excel.

What has Joyner not shown you to believe this? Dude has been a solid contributor thus far; even with injuries. He can cover, he can tackle, he can blitz. None of us know the plans for him in Wade's system. But I assure you, he won't be underutilized.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Granted Joyner has held his own, IMHO he hasn't excelled either, and that may be why Wade has moved him. to FS. Don't get me wrong, I really like Joyner and his toughness, but he's still a "smurf".

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Some people just have a hang up over small guys.
It's ridiculous.

You can play or you can't. Period.

Aaron Donald is only a RAM because he is "too small". So was London Fletcher. So was Kurt Warner. And Drew Brees and Steve Smith and Daren Sproles....etc.

Hell, I remember how some fans thought Danny Amendola was easily replaceable... and we haven't had a clutch target since.

It simply doesn't fucking matter. There are countless examples of guys who were considered small for their position who have been among the all time greats.
You can play or you cant.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
One correction
Brown at RG....Robinson at RT. I know....LOLOLOLOL

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its OK to think that size doesn't matter in the NFL. Load up your team with a bunch of "smurfs" and see how many games you win.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I've always scratched my head when teams signed "smurfs". There's a reason why there aren't very many small players in the NFL, though there are a few who do excel.

I believe Austin and Joyner can definitely be the exceptions, like a Cooks and Honey Badger.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This draft had McVay's fingerprints all over it. He got HIS players at HIS positions. Snead found the players and stacked the board for him.

When they passed on Lamp, it told us all we needed to know about their impressions of their current OL players AND of the new draft crop of OL players.

This will be a pass first O, making Gurley even more effective.

Two TE sets will be common. Three TE sets will sometimes be seen.

Woods, Reynolds, and Kupp constitute a very dangerous trio.

Opponents will have to defend every blade of grass henceforth. No more 8 man boxes.

We'll see more screens. A lot more. Some with that new kid Rogers.

We now can and will attack short, medium, and long. That's the way McVay rolls.

I predict that Tavon will struggle to remain a starter. I predict that he will drop to 4th on the WR depth chart by no later than game 6, but it could happen by opening day. Yeah, I said it.

Kromer will quickly settle the question of whether our '16 OL was personnel or coaching.

Goff has gotta take the next step. He's just gotta. If he does, we can be a 10-6 or better team. Maybe even playoffs.

Wade is gonna have a field day with all this talent. Maybe a top 5 D this year? Wouldn't bet against him, especially if the O starts to do their fair share.

Hope Quinn is finally healthy. If he is, look out!

Gurley is reportedly bigger, faster, and stronger. I see 1500 yards for him in this new O.

Position battles on the right side of our OL are gonna be intense. I predict Hav at RT and Brown at RG, but who knows? Best 5 will play.

I see intense battles at WR, LB, CB, and S, as well.

I can hardly wait for those camp reports to start rolling in.
I like and agree with your line of thinking!! I've said this before .. "Let the Position Battles begin, and the BEST MEN WIN!

arena.png

Not the ...

3 stooges.jpg

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I actually think Austin will come to life. He will finally have coaches around him who know what they are doing. They will bring the best out of him annnnnnddd there will be plays called that take advantage of his abilities.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Its OK to think that size doesn't matter in the NFL. Load up your team with a bunch of "smurfs" and see how many games you win.

I said you can play or you can't.
Is that statement not more true than "small guys make you lose"?

I could build an imaginary undersized team that could hold its own. Give me Kurt Warner, London Fletcher and Aaron Donald to start with...
This game is a whole lot about leverage and quickness. Not just height and strength.

Hell - how many GROBs and Quicks have to get over valued because of their size before you realize size doesnt matter IF YOU AREN'T ANY GOOD.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I said you can play or you can't.
Is that statement not more true than "small guys make you lose"?

I could build an imaginary undersized team that could hold its own. Give me Kurt Warner, London Fletcher and Aaron Donald to start with...
This game is a whole lot about leverage and quickness. Not just height and strength.

Hell - how many GROBs and Quicks have to get over valued because of their size before you realize size doesnt matter IF YOU AREN'T ANY GOOD.

I can dig your point but why do you keep mentioning Kurt Warner? He was around 6'2" and every bit of 220 Lbs. Not exactly "undersized" doncha think?

Just sayin'
~ArkyRamsFan~

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kurt Warner was the prototypical size for a QB?

Could have sworn he was considered smaller than the prototypical size, which was my only point.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I've always scratched my head when teams signed "smurfs". There's a reason why there aren't very many small players in the NFL, though there are a few who do excel. I'm skeptical either Austin or Joyner can excel. Both better play well this upcoming season especially Austin on account of his salary.

I sure hope some others from ROD besides me attend TC. I'm going to try and post some of what I see going on. I can see already I'm going to be over my head in being able to report a lot of what will be taking place. Like I've posted before, I'm going to concentrate on the OL, I'll have enough to report on there.

I plan to be at TC 8/5-8/10. I'm expecting a completely different attitude along both lines. No more free pass for the OL, it looked very half assed last year. The DL needs to work the OL or maybe Whitworth can guide the youngins to work harder and compete.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Love to hook up with you and compare notes RamBall.

Just seemed like the Rams in the past few years had more than few "smurf" type players on the roster at the same time. too may short DB's doesn't seem to fare to well.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I actually think Austin will come to life. He will finally have coaches around him who know what they are doing. They will bring the best out of him annnnnnddd there will be plays called that take advantage of his abilities.

Hopefully step one is to remove the bubble screen from the playbook.