Julio vs Megatron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Johnson was constantly nicked up and had a habit of disappearing in big games. A relatively overrated guy I think. But, all WR need help to take over a game.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Most Rec Yds in 1st 9 Seasons

NFL History

Torry Holt 11,864
Jerry Rice 11,776
Calvin Johnson 11,619
Marvin Harrison 11,185
Randy Moss 10,700

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Julio is the same way though. Doesn't talk trash or rant on social media. Just goes out and dominates. Physically, I think Julio is more athletic than Calvin. Megatron is just a bit bigger.

I think Calvin was more athletic. He was faster than and more explosive than Julio despite having around 2 inches and 20 pounds on him. Julio is quicker, though.

Johnson was constantly nicked up and had a habit of disappearing in big games. A relatively overrated guy I think. But, all WR need help to take over a game.

I can't say that I remember that happening often. Lions didn't give him many big games to play in. He only got to play 2 playoff games in his career, but he averaged almost 150 yards per game in the playoffs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This is a tough one, but I think Megatron - don't get me wrong, I'd take either - but if it's draft day I'm picking Calvin Johnson.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Calvin was more athletic. He was faster than and more explosive than Julio despite having around 2 inches and 20 pounds on him. Julio is quicker, though.

I can't say that I remember that happening often. Lions didn't give him many big games to play in. He only got to play 2 playoff games in his career, but he averaged almost 150 yards per game in the playoffs.
There were plenty of games they needed to win to make the playoffs over the years. Probably mostly my perception of him and not reality. The perfect Johnson moment to me is the night game vs Seattle, last year I think. He the go ahead score in his hands. Makes a nice play and catch and is heading across the goal line an carelessly lets himself gets stripped from behind. The go ahea score turns into a touchback for Seattle.
That is Johnson in a nutshell to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were plenty of games they needed to win to make the playoffs over the years. Probably mostly my perception of him and not reality. The perfect Johnson moment to me is the night game vs Seattle, last year I think. He the go ahead score in his hands. Makes a nice play and catch and is heading across the goal line an carelessly lets himself gets stripped from behind. The go ahea score turns into a touchback for Seattle.
That is Johnson in a nutshell to me.

Not really fair to Calvin. That game was early in the season, and it was more of a great play by Chancellor than a bad play by Calvin.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHvD2Y82b8

He was fighting for the end-zone, and Chancellor came in from behind and punched it out. Plus, Seattle illegally batted the ball out of bounds (which the refs conveniently ignored).

fearsomefour

Legend
Not really fair to Calvin. That game was early in the season, and it was more of a great play by Chancellor than a bad play by Calvin.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHvD2Y82b8

He was fighting for the end-zone, and Chancellor came in from behind and punched it out. Plus, Seattle illegally batted the ball out of bounds (which the refs conveniently ignored).

It is my opinion of him....

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, I guess I'm not going to change that. But I don't think it reflects the facts.
Yep.
Not every discussion is an argument to be won.
Was he a great WR? No doubt.
Are there other guys in his era I would prefer over him? Yes.
I think the guy is a little overrated.
That's all I am saying.