Juice's Rams Positivity Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
God knows we need it. Somebody please stand up or raise their hand if they didn't think this years team was going to struggle. Furthermore, did anyone think we were going to win yesterday when we knew Stafford wasn't going to go? I didn't, but the hope is always there. As the remnants of the last beer from the night before slowly crawled from my breath after leaving small fur coats on each of my teeth, I had a couple of thoughts.

1. Hasn't it been just an absolute woder to watch Aron Donald play for this team. Sometimes I just tell myself that I am watching a first ballot hall of famer on my team who might(fingers crossed) retire a Ram. If he doesn't stay, I don't care. It's been a privilege.

2. Watching Puka Nacua ease into this Rams offense has been electrifying to say the least. You know McVay is thrilled, and the Rams scouts and GM need to be lauded for that pick. It going to pay it's dividends. Currently still fourth in the league with 827 reception yards.

3. The offense, for the most part, has been a surprising sigh of relief after Kupp went down. It seems like, at the beginning of the season, it was all hands on deck after Kupps hammy. Everyone wanted to step up and it was good to see Stafford spreading it out a little bit when his main target wasn't in there.

4. Fuck the Seahawks.

5. If you would have told me that after hiring McVay, that we would have had the success we were going to have as him as a head coach, I would have told you that you are drinking more than kool aid. NFL Coach of the Year Award in 2017, made it to the playoffs three times, playoff record at 7-5, went to two Superbowls and won one, and he did it in five years. I know you guys know this. Just read it again and let it sink in.

6. This young team is playing for the staff. We know the weaknesses in our team, but some of those guys are or were playing lights out. Ernest Jones, Kyren Williams, Steve Avila, Puka Nacua, Kobe Turner, and Byron Young are all young players that I can get excited about for the future of this team.

7. Fuck the 49ers.

8. Ownership - How many NFL teams do you look at and say that they are never going to get to the Superbowl. The Browns were supposed to be good for the last five years. I know Detroit is making a run, but I will believe it when I see it. Houston hasn't been relevent since they came back into the fray. The Chargers have had great teams, but are you picking them in the playoffs? Kroenke is not only good at running this franchise, but he is having success in his other sport endeavors as well. He put this staff together. He hired these guys.

Sorry for the long post. It's rather uncharacteristic of me. There is a future ahead and I think it is bright with who we have in place. What they do is not easy, guys, and I believe there is more on the horizon. We have a blueprint of success that doesn't come around that often. Relish in it. Bathe in it for a while. See how far we have come with this staff, and you could look to the future. as always, Go Rams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I mean, yeah, let's not discount Ethan Evans either. Once he learns touch, he's going to be the best punter in the league. He truly is a weapon.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The best, most consistent players every week are ROOKIES!
What a draft and just in the Nick of time.
Young, Turner, Avila, and Nacua are balling.

Another draft like that next year and the Rams are back. Yeah, I optimistically root for a win every week, but let’s face it—the roster isn’t that good. There are a lot of placeholders out there right now, but you can’t rebuild a roster in one year with what the Rams had left after the purge.

…and yes, I consider myself lucky to have watched nearly every down #99 has played. Like Gretzky, another #99, one could easily refer to Aaron Donald as “the great one.” I know I’ve posted this a couple of times but it bears repeating:
Having watched the career of AD99 and what he has to do to get his stats, I am no longer as impressed with Edge rushers as much as I used to be. They get opportunities to get an easy kill on occasion, but Aaron Donald earns every fucking play he makes.
That sack on 3rd and 2 from the 4 yard line last night was classic Aaron Donald. He might not be able to do it as easily and often as he used to, but he’s still a badass.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Remember Rams Brotheren. We survived 2009 Rams, this is better lol

FB_IMG_1699324809069.jpg

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stated in another post, the 49's had 4 horrible years in a row after going to the SB in 2012 and NFC Championship game in 2013.(losing both). Then they went 8-8 2014 after starting 7-4 and was the favorite to go to the SB before losing the last 5 games of the season. Then they had the 4 really bad years while getting the cap space, new coach and rebuild. This is only our second painful season under McVay. It will get better. Thank you Stan! Now onto my favorite "terrible ownership" punching bag, THE BEARS.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Great post!

I especially liked that you pointed out that our Front Office / Ownership has been able to do what is needed to build a winning organization.

Snead is a marvel to watch, even if his interviews are almost unwatchable.

I'm so looking forward to seeing what will happen this offseason when all of the deadcap is gone.

Do we sign big contracts and backfill them like Philly (edit: meaning they are spreading cap out further than the player is under contract), or do we take a more conservative approach?

The ball is already rolling on whatever strategy is being unraveled. We mortals can only speculate.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO at the very worst we finish 8-9 and how many out there would have taken that in August?

With a legit backup this team probably finishes 9-8. Either way this team will be better than most expected.

They had an incredible draft, and have signed some very good FAs in Witherspoon, Dotson and Freeman all three should be extended. This team will be poised for a legit SB run next year.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
IMO at the very worst we finish 8-9 and how many out there would have taken that in August?
Honestly, people keep referencing off-season/preseason thoughts, but that doesn’t matter. They demonstrated they could be a decent team and raised expectations. Just because they went backwards doesn’t mean anybody should lower their expectations. Rams need to start winning. Two losing seasons is going to make people quickly forget about a Super Bowl win, especially in LA.

NFL = Not For Long

Ellard80

Legend
I don't honestly think of Kroenke a lot.

But consider this dude's track record recently - its pretty amazing.

Championships all over.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We should be picking top ten. More cap money. Next year we should be more competitive. But the following year is when they should return to elite status. At my age nothing is a given. I hope I'm around to see the next championship.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Tomlin is the new Marty Schottenheimer. Now he did win a Superbowl in 2008, but look at all the losses in the playoffs and they have gone two years in a row several times where they didn't even make the playoffs. I'm just trying to give myself some perspective on McVay and how other good franchises and good coaches also have a few years of missing the playoffs. Tomlin is remarkable as he has never had a losing regular season. But he also had HOF Big Ben for many of those years.
1699458425024.png

muggmeister

Rookie
How dare you post anything positive with all the discourse going on here. Actually, thanks for the read and reminder that all is not lost on a rebuilding season despite what some here wanted. Some, including me, may have gotten overly optimistic after beating Seattle week 1 but the reality is we're still a few players short of competing with the elites of the league. Keep up the good work.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mike Tomlin is the new Marty Schottenheimer. Now he did win a Superbowl in 2008, but look at all the losses in the playoffs and they have gone two years in a row several times where they didn't even make the playoffs. I'm just trying to give myself some perspective on McVay and how other good franchises and good coaches also have a few years of missing the playoffs. Tomlin is remarkable as he has never had a losing regular season. But he also had HOF Big Ben for many of those years.
Tomlin is fantastic. But like all coaches he needs the right mix of personnel to get the job done. He's definitely a top tier head coach to my eye at least. Look at their cornerstone positions and they're not in a good place at QB, LT, or Corner. They have the edge, and that will get you a long ways, but come deep playoffs it's hard to expect him to get it done with those pieces.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Byron Young and Kobie Turner - sick

Puka and Avila - unbelievable

Hell even Tutu has shown up this year

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Byron Young and Kobie Turner - sick

Puka and Avila - unbelievable
It was a helluva draft. We don't need 2 or 3 years to evaluate these players. McSnead hit it out of the park... A++. Hopefully they can do it again next year. Keep in mind... they always surprise us.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How dare you post anything positive with all the discourse going on here. Actually, thanks for the read and reminder that all is not lost on a rebuilding season despite what some here wanted. Some, including me, may have gotten overly optimistic after beating Seattle week 1 but the reality is we're still a few players short of competing with the elites of the league. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, man. I do not post a lot, but I like hurling one out there every now and again.

Psycho_X

Legend
Going to add Michael Hoecht just because he's gotten destroyed by fans this season, and rightfully so on occasion, but he's progressively gotten better as the year went on. He's not a great player and he shouldn't be playing coverage on WRs lol but his play along the line of scrimmage has improved a lot. Finding someone better should still be a top priority in the offseason but I wouldn't mind bringing him back as a rotational player after this season.