Judge nullifies Brady's 4-game suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
#6) Sociopaths tend to be highly intelligent, but they use their brainpower to deceive others rather than empower them. Their high IQs often makes them dangerous. This is why many of the best-known serial killers who successfully evaded law enforcement were sociopaths.
Actually, Canadian academic researcher and author Bob Hare has found that they are of avg intelligence. Otherwise, excellent and highly relevant post.

Although some studies have suggested inverse relationships between psychopathy and intelligence, including with regards to verbal IQ,[6][24] Hare and Neumann state that a large literature demonstrates at most only a weak association between psychopathy and IQ, noting that the early pioneer Cleckley included good intelligence in his checklist due to selection bias (since many of his patients were "well educated and from middle-class or upper-class backgrounds") and that "there is no obvious theoretical reason why the disorder described by Cleckley or other clinicians should be related to intelligence; some psychopaths are bright, others less so".[6][57] Studies also indicate that different aspects of the definition of psychopathy (e.g. interpersonal, affective (emotion), behavioral and lifestyle components) can show different links to intelligence, and the result can depend on the type of intelligence assessment (e.g. verbal, creative, practical, analytical).[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Actually, Canadian academic researcher and author Bob Hare has found that they are of avg intelligence. Otherwise, excellent and highly relevant post.

My ex boss was a sociopath. I'm sure most people have had one at some time. It was horrible. He was extremely intelligent - but that was perhaps by the by - not because of his sociopathic tendencies or not. They are extremely unpleasant people - but can charm anyone to think otherwise.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm surprised anyone is actually surprised by this ruling. Unfortunately the court of law isn't run my hunches and basic common sense. You need evidence. Brady destroyed it so the judge had no other choice. This was the only outcome that would happen once this went to court. They cheated but no one can actually prove it unless a witness comes forward now.

I think the two equipment guys are currently hanging out with Matt Walsh somewhere in Estonia or Iceland. :whistle:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think the two equipment guys are currently hanging out with Matt Walsh somewhere in Estonia or Iceland. :whistle:
th

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who's disappointed that this means we wont see Jimmy Garoppolo play?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just don't get it..

For years people complained that the NFL loves the Patriots. Now the NFL goes after them, and at the end of this, people are acting like the NFL conspired to get him off.

Here are the facts:

1. The NFL went after the Patriots and Brady, meaning they are no longer the "favorite child" (if they were in the first place)

2. A third party judge, with no bias either way, determined that the NFL shouldn't have suspended Brady - this would be like if your company tried to illegally do something to you and took them to court. This judge determined that the NFL didn't have grounds to suspend Brady - this is justice at work - IT'S A GOOD THING THAT BRADY WON'T BE SUSPENDED. If this were you and your company did something that they shouldn't have, you would want justice to prevail too.

Success breeds envy; it's long past time to let all this jealousy go - the Patriots didn't cheat to beat the Seahawks in the superbowl. They are a great team. Brady is a great player. Others have pointed out that the era of great QBs may be coming to an end, with most of the upper echelon QBs set to retire in a few years. Let's enjoy watching one of the greatest ever (while simultaneously hoping they lose).....but there's a fine line between hoping they lose every game (as I do), and wishing injury or just being so bitter about nothing. Because that's what this whole deflategate has been - NOTHING. You really don't think any other QBs inflate/deflate footballs? If you acknowledge they probably do (you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't), then you also agree that he shouldn't have been suspended in the first place.

You raise some potentially valid points. And to that I say - FUCK the patsies.

Sorry but just because the NFL screwed the pooch on how they put their case together and were sloppy in how they justified the suspension, this is no great day for justice. There is no way in hell I am giving credit to a team that has been caught cheating this many times just because someone either botched the case or destroyed the evidence.

Do other teams mess with the inflation of balls? I'm sure they do. Do they intentionally go above or below the allowable inflation range? I don't know. I don't know of any others that have been accused of it and then destroyed apparently valuable evidence.

Add that to knowing that they cheated in a Superbowl where they "beat" OUR team by 3 points, and I'm feeling a little less than charitable on the "great team" front. If they don't cheat, we likely win that SB and then where is the patsy dynasty? Are they even in that game without an absolutely dumbass interpretation known as the tuck rule? Hell no and they shouldn't have been.

So seriously... that team can go straight to hell and the ruling was anything but a great day for justice.

Athos

Legend
Respect the Patsies my ass. Respect Brady's success my ass.

That team has been mired in controversy since it started "winning" playoffs games in the 2000s.

Tuck rule.
Spygate
Deez Nuts.

That orginization may be the most corrupt in sports and keeps getting away with it. Because of well placed fall guys and $$$.

It's not jealousy. It's disgust. And it teaches that cheating clearly pays.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't get it..

For years people complained that the NFL loves the Patriots. Now the NFL goes after them, and at the end of this, people are acting like the NFL conspired to get him off.

Here are the facts:

1. The NFL went after the Patriots and Brady, meaning they are no longer the "favorite child" (if they were in the first place)

2. A third party judge, with no bias either way, determined that the NFL shouldn't have suspended Brady - this would be like if your company tried to illegally do something to you and took them to court. This judge determined that the NFL didn't have grounds to suspend Brady - this is justice at work - IT'S A GOOD THING THAT BRADY WON'T BE SUSPENDED. If this were you and your company did something that they shouldn't have, you would want justice to prevail too.

Success breeds envy; it's long past time to let all this jealousy go - the Patriots didn't cheat to beat the Seahawks in the superbowl. They are a great team. Brady is a great player. Others have pointed out that the era of great QBs may be coming to an end, with most of the upper echelon QBs set to retire in a few years. Let's enjoy watching one of the greatest ever (while simultaneously hoping they lose).....but there's a fine line between hoping they lose every game (as I do), and wishing injury or just being so bitter about nothing. Because that's what this whole deflategate has been - NOTHING. You really don't think any other QBs inflate/deflate footballs? If you acknowledge they probably do (you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't), then you also agree that he shouldn't have been suspended in the first place.

And yet they gave them an out. Which the Patriots happily pursued. So in the end Goddell looks like he was doing something but in reality everybody involved knew what the outcome would be. Everyone is happy, except football fans.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Patriots get away with cheating.

Now you know how it feels, Goodell.

XXVI

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Moral of the story, cheat, if you are going to cheat lie about it, if you are going to cheat and lie about it destroy the evidence.
Yep. The precedent has been set. I hope all the 31 other teams are bugging their visitors' locker rooms as we speak.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm appalled, but not surprised. I couldn't listen to all the rooster crowing today. Made me sick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't get it..

Here are the facts:

This is RAMS on demand. The forum you are looking for is: www.ridepatriotsdick.com. The good news is that the balls are no longer deflated.