JT’s Chat Highlights..is there a snag with Gregg Williams contract???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

JT’s Chat Highlights

—I’d say there’s maybe a 2 percent chance the Rams take a QB at No. 2 overall. Again, do the Rams think any of these guys are really franchise QBs this year? Do you really want to start over with a rookie QB?. I do believe the Rams will take a QB at some point in the draft -- I just don’t think it will be Round 1.

—Fisher loves defensive ends. I think especially if the Rams get “stuck” at No. 2 overall, that Clowney could be in play.

—Michael Sam? At worst, I think he can be a situational pass rusher and special teamer. I was at the Senior Bowl and watched Sam take part in those linebacker drills. He looked awkward to say the least, but he had never been in a two-point stance (that is, playing without his hand on the ground before). There are DE’s that play in that 255-260 range, but Sam doesn’t seem to have that burst off the edge to be an elite pass rusher.

—Why Hasn’t Greg Williams Signed His Contract Yet? There was supposed to be a press conference last week. For some reason, it has been postponed. I don’t think there’s a Rob Ryan situation in the making, but it is puzzling. The last time I checked, and that was about mid-week of last week, there were just a few I’s to dot and T’s to cross on the contract.

—I agree with you that I don’t see anything like the RGIII trade bonanza materializing, for the simple fact that Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel aren’t anywhere near the prospects Luck and Griffin were coming out. But this still is a passing league, lots of teams need quarterbacks, and the fact remains that if you want no less than the No. 2 QB in the draft (whoever that may be) you better get ahead of Jacksonville at No. 3 overall. As to what exactly they will get by trading down (from 2 or 13) that’s impossible to tell.

—The Indy pick is a seventh-rounder. I don’t think they’ll have four compensatory picks. The compensatory picks will be announced in March at the owners’ meetings. And usually they’re sixth and seventh rounders.

—You should come to training camp. That’s the best way to meet players. It’s like watching a practice from your living room. You’re that close. And a group of players sign autographs after every practice. It would be nice to see something like the Cardinals Caravan. At the end of the day you can’t manufacture energy. It usually comes with winning. And it has to come from the fans.

—By all accounts, there are 3 QBs who will go in the top 10 _ Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel. I guess the worst scenario would be if Houston didn’t take a quarterback. That would leave all three on the board and more “supply” so to speak. A team below the Rams might be more likely to wait, or attempt to trade up after the Rams with 3 QBs still on the board. But if Houston takes a QB, and only two of the top guys are still on the board it might lead to more of a “panic” to get up to the No. 2 spot..

—Strongest Position on Rams After DE? I think I’d say tight end, with Cook, Kendricks, and Harkey.

—Hidden Gems? Well, I’d sure like to see a healthy Matt Daniels at safety. I still think Benny Cunningham could be a bigger contributor in 2014. And I think Ray Ray Armstrong has at least the potential to compete for a starting job next year.

—Chances Rams actually pick a player with the 2nd overall pick? I’m gonna say 35-65.

—I don’t know if OT should be the first pick, but your points about Long and Saffold to me make it imperative that the Rams draft a starting-caliber OT.

—Of the big 3 _ Matthews, Lewan, and Robinson, I like Lewan and Robinson the best.

—My sense is with Bradford back in the lineup, the Rams will pass more than they did with Clemens at QB, but they will still stay closer to ground-pound (and play-action) than mimicking the saints.

—Cost to Falcons to Move Up to #2? It’d have to be at minimum a second round pick and another pick either later in this draft or next yea, I would think.

—As long as the other team has three WRs in on third down, you’re not going to see a third linebacker out there. I think the Rams are more likely to look for a third LB via the draft, but I think there’s still a possibility Dunbar comes back.

—$5 Million for Saffold? I think that might be the ceiling given Saffold’s injury history and limited experience at guard.

—I think they will draft another QB, one who may not challenge Bradford right away, but has starter’s ability. I think it makes lots of sense to keep Clemens and go with 3 QBs in 2014.

—Unless the Rams get another second-rounder via a trade down (at No. 2 overall), it’s hard for me to see them taking a QB in Round 2. But I think Garoppolo would be an interesting guy in Round 3 or 4 _ if he’s there. Don’t know that much about Smith at this point. The usual mid-round suspects would also include Murray of Georgia, McCarron of Alabama (if he’s there), Mettenberger of LSU, Fales of San Jose, among others.

—Calvin Pryor? I think he could be an option if the Rams stay at 13.

Read All Chat Highlights

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Demoff just said we should expect to hear something later this week, say Thursday or Friday in that clip you posted. I wouldn't expect it's anything to worry about.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Okay I think that answered my question about how tied in JT is with his Ram info. From that chat it clearly appears that he is just guessing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not sure how tied in with the Rams anyone is this time of year. They are not going to let him in on much of what is going on largely because they themselves are just starting back up and getting in the swing of things. This group doesn't strike me as a group that goes to reporters to tell them nothing has happened lately.

IMO JT and @ShaneG are the best sources for what is really going on with the Rams. And I am guessing that both of them would be guessing with anything going on with the Rams right now.

But KD did say that we should keep our attention to Thursday or Friday as far as Gregg Williams is concerned.