JT Chat Highlights: Rams May Not Be That High on Dix

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
JT’s Chat Highlights

—People Who Say Get Rid of Chris Long? I think those folks are nuts. I believe he’s sixth in the league in sacks over the past four years. And you want to throw him overboard? Really?

—If you saw my most recent mock draft (from Sunday), I did not take Clinton-Dix there at No. 13 like I did in the first mock. I’m not sure the Rams are that high on Clinton-DIx.

—Clinton Dix? I’ll put it this way: I don’t think there as high as No. 13 overall.

—Bradford was headed for a career year last year before the injury. Obviously good line play helps. But receivers need to do a better job of getting open, catching the contested ball, and just plain catching.

—Yeah, I think Clowney going No. 1 overall might help the Rams if they truly want to trade down. Whoever moves up to No. 2 would then be getting the first crack at the QB class.

—I expected more improvement from the WR corps last year. But I also factor in that Kellen Clemens was throwing to them for 9 games last year. Let’s see what happens this year.

—WR’s the Rams May Be Interested In? Well, I’ll name just a couple. FSU Kelvin Benjamin was brought in for a pre-draft visit last week. And they’ve shown a lot of interest in Mike Evans as well.

—Matthews Your #1 OT? I think so. Although I wouldn’t have a problem with any of the three.

—Look, it is both puzzling and frustrating to me that Stan Kroenke hasn’t given an interview in over 2 years now. And no is more frustrated than me, given that I’ve known him since 1993. I’m not sure that Stan gets the whole “public trust” aspect of owning a sports franchise. Sometimes I wonder if he’s getting bad advice. But even the president of the United States finds time to make himself available for the media, am I wrong? But why the venom for Demoff? He’s managed the cap well. He is accessible to the media. And tries to make the Rams as fan friendly as he can for someone in his position.

—OG’s? I know they expressed interest in Martin, Brandon Thomas (both as potential tackles and guards), as well as Gabe Jackson at the Senior Bowl. I’m sure there are others.

—Why Matthews at #2 in Your Last Mock? Because, No. 1, Houston took Clowney in this draft. And No. 2, just based on some of the things Fisher said about Mathews and Robinson at the combine. I’m not saying Robinson wouldn’t be a good candidate for No. 2 overall, but he needs a lot of work as a pass blocker. Also, a lot of the national media fell in love with Robinson just because of the fast 40 time (for the position) he ran at the combine and the instant hype that followed. Well, Taylor Lewan ran faster and had a better overall workout. And Matthews had a very good workout as well.

—DB at #13? As I’ve mentioned before that’s a good spot to take one. I think that’s just about the time where the Gilberts, Dennards, Pryors, Clinton-Dix, and Fullers start to go.

—My read is, and has always been, if a player is coming in for a Top 30 visit, there’s legitimate interest. Which is why I think this entire area, these edge rushers _ i.e., bringing in Clowney, Ealy, and now Mack for visits _ is very interesting and to me unexpected. Remember, the Rams at a maximum, will be able to pick only two or three of these top 30 guys when all is said and done. But you have to prepare for a lot of scenarios.

—Part of the problem with Alabama prospects… Saban works them really hard in practice, and some of them enter the NFL kind of beat up.

—Stacy as MVP in 2014? Maybe offensive MVP. I think you’d have to go with R. Quinn as overall MVP entering 2014 _ don’t you think?

–Lamarcus Joyner? I like him as a prospect. Someone who could play nickel corner and free safety perhaps. I think there’s a question of whether he’ll be there when the Rams pick in the second round.

—I’m a firm believer that the more your reach for need high in the draft, the more you’re asking for trouble. I don’t think taking Matthews at No. 2 would constitute a reach. In fact, I’m hearing that Jacksonville may pass on a QB at No. 3 overall and take Matthews. I think if there’s just a small difference in how the players are rated, then maybe you take the lower rated guy. But if there’s a substantial difference, you’ve got to be true to your board.

—Who would you take if Clowney goes #1? I’d say Jake Matthews or Sammy Watkins.

Read Complete Chat Highlights