JT Chat Highlights: 60% Chance Bradford is on Roster in '15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
JT Chat Highlights

—Bradford on the Roster in 2015? That is THE question, isn’t it? I’m gonna say 60-40 right now that Bradford’s back.

—Johnson Candidate for IR-Return Designation? Yes he is. But since the injury is of the 4-to-6 week variety, with one of those weeks being the last week of preseason and another being a bye week, I don’t think the Rams will use it on Johnson..

—Vet Backup For Hill? I’ll just say this: It’s hard for me to imagine the Rams going through an entire season without someone with NFL regular-season experience behind Hill.

—Even with his injury history, I think Bradford _ if cut _ would go to a place with at least a chance to start. The guy has a lot of ability.

—Veltung to Practice Squad? Sure. I thought for a while he might have a chance to make the 53 man because of his return ability. But now it looks like he’s got a hamstring injury, so maybe not.

—Givens did have kind of a statement game against Cleveland. You don’t just toss aside a guy with that kind of speed. But Givens has had plenty of chances for playing time over the past two years _ I don’t think he’s suffered from neglect.

—Cutting Bradford? Well, if you’re talking about this year, the Rams can’t cut him. You can’t cut an injured player. (Yes, you can make an injury settlement if it’s a lesser injury, but that obviously doesn’t apply in this case.) But say the Rams cut him after this season and as you say the Raiders picked him up. The Raiders would be responsible for his $13 million scheduled base salary in 2015. The Rams would be responsible for $3.58 of past bonus money he received, that although already paid, would count against the 2015 salary cap.

—The reality was that those comeback yards Bradford put up ended up in a comeback victory over Arizona and nearly a comeback victory over Atlanta had the defense had anything resembling a clue that day. And in the Carolina game, he was killing the Panthers’ secondary before the injury. Had Zac Stacy been able to pick up the blitz by Quintin Mikell on the first play of the game it would have been a touchdown. Quick was wide open. Instead it was a pick 6, a 14-point game. Bradford was bigger and stronger this year. And is showed in some of his deep throws this preseason. The falloff may not be that big between Hill and Bradford, but it’s because the Rams appear to have a better supporting cast on offense.

—Parade Meter Adjustment? We are now at 7-9.

—Concern About Robinson? No, I don’t think this is Jason Smith 2.0. For the longest time, I really thought the Rams should and would take Matthews, and I think my writing before the draft reflected that. We all knew pass-blocking would be Robinson’s biggest adjustment entering the pros because Auburn simply didn’t throw the ball. The Rams rolled the dice a little _ I emphasize “a little” _ on Robinson because of his potential. I think he’ll be fine. But Matthews certainly is a plug and play for the next 10-plus seasons.

—Secondary Concerns? This has been a concern all along even before Johnson’s injury And not just that they are thin back there but very inexperienced. There is some potential back there. But there also is only 71 career starts in the entire secondary and that’s counting Johnson’s 15. So yeah, I’m sure the Rams will be checking the waiver wires.

—Can the Rams Still Have A Good Year? Sure. But that means, the defensive front much live up to the hype. The offensive line must stay healthy. The wide receivers have to take the next step. And the running backs must continue to progress.

—Are fisher and snead in trouble if Rams end up with say a record like 3-13? Possible

Read Remaining Chat Highlights

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
JT Chat Highlights

—Vet Backup For Hill? I’ll just say this: It’s hard for me to imagine the Rams going through an entire season without someone with NFL regular-season experience behind Hill.

Read Remaining Chat Highlights

Hearing this always bugs me. How can a guy(such as Davis) ever get any regular season action if you refuse to play him when needed and you go get another bum, thats played in regular season games, and sucks? Just leave the QB situation alone, unless someone solid gets released, and roll the dice. Give the kids we have, a chance if need be.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Hearing this always bugs me. How can a guy(such as Davis) ever get any regular season action if you refuse to play him when needed and you go get another bum, thats played in regular season games, and sucks? Just leave the QB situation alone, unless someone solid gets released, and roll the dice. Give the kids we have, a chance if need be.
Always amazes me that the NFL is more content giving the Brady Quinn's of the world a new contract rather than a young unproven guy. But I think that mentality extends past the NFL too.

Memphis Ram

Legend
JT Chat Highlights
—The reality was that those comeback yards Bradford put up ended up in a comeback victory over Arizona and nearly a comeback victory over Atlanta had the defense had anything resembling a clue that day. And in the Carolina game, he was killing the Panthers’ secondary before the injury. Had Zac Stacy been able to pick up the blitz by Quintin Mikell on the first play of the game it would have been a touchdown. Quick was wide open. Instead it was a pick 6, a 14-point game. Bradford was bigger and stronger this year. And is showed in some of his deep throws this preseason. The falloff may not be that big between Hill and Bradford, but it’s because the Rams appear to have a better supporting cast on offense.

th