Jrry32 Second to Last Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My last mock will not have any trades so this mock will be my last one with trades. As usual, this is what I'd do if I were calling the shots.

Re-sign
Joe Barksdale - 1 year $3 million (can earn up to $5 million with incentives)

Barksdale gets a "prove it" deal to give us experience and continuity at RT and to allow him to rehab his value in order to get a bigger deal next off-season when he's not spending most of the season playing next to Davin Joseph.

Trade
Rams trade 1st round #10 and 3rd round #8
Dolphins trade 1st round #14 and 2nd round #15

This actually matches up perfectly on the trade value chart. The Dolphins reportedly covet DeVante Parker so the Rams opt to move down a few spots and still grab their guy while getting another top 50 pick in a class that lacks depth.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #14 - T.J. Clemmings OT Pittsburgh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPpSi723eM

Analysis: This may not be the most popular pick because people are worried about his perceived rawness but that won't stop me from drafting the highest rated guy on my board. The draft is about more than just 2015. Yes, Clemmings will have some rookies moments if asked to start (even at LG) but he also has the ability to develop into one of the best OTs in the NFL.(not just RT...either side) He's easily the most athletically gifted OT in this class boasting quick feet, great balance, smooth, fluid and graceful movement skills, and arguably the best power of any OT in this class. Clemmings is already a dominating run blocker despite still having some technical flaws to clean up in that department.

As a pass blocker, Clemmings is raw but insanely talented. He has the range and movement skills to handle any type of rusher but needs to learn to trust his feet and technique as he climbs deeper into the back-field. Clemmings also needs to not involve his head in his punch as it leaves him vulnerable to arm over swim moves and adversely affects his balance. Additionally, Clemmings needs to work on his footwork while sliding and his punch placement especially on counter moves to the inside. That all said, Clemmings has come a long way as a player and should continue to develop with even better coaching at the next level. As long as he doesn't lose confidence, he has the ability to be as good as he wants to be as a pass blocker...he just needs time, coaching, and experience.

Round 2 Pick #9 - Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fwhKKXII_g

Analysis: This also might not be the most popular pick and some might say I'm reaching but I don't care. I think Grayson can be a starting QB for this team down the line and I don't want to risk losing him. Garrett Grayson does not have outstanding physical tools but he makes up for his average physical talent with great instincts, sound mechanics, and consistent ball placement. Grayson's arm strength is middle of the pack and would likely be considered below average for a current NFL starter but it is adequate for the next level. Due to his polished footwork, he gets good zip on the majority of throws. Some of the deeper throws to the sideline can be tough for him. However, him and Nick Foles both are similar in terms of arm strength so Grayson's arm is more than enough. Grayson really shines in ball placement. His polished footwork, throwing base, and upper body mechanics allow him to throw a very consistent ball. He is coming from a pro style offense so he's used to throwing pro style routes and locates the football well especially on deep routes. Grayson also shows nice touch on the ball although he needs to do a better job of lofting it when trying to get over the LOS without a throwing lane as he had some issues in college with batted passes. Grayson also had a slight hitch in the back side of his throwing motion but has reportedly been working this off-season to clean that up. It looked a lot better at his Pro Day so we'll see if he can carry that over.

Grayson's poise under pressure, pocket presence, and pocket movement are some of the most impressive parts of his game. Grayson feels pressure and understands how to slide in the pocket to find and create space while still keeping his eyes down-field. Grayson also understands when to take a sack and protect the football. His OL was inconsistent so he dealt with quite a bit of pressure and has a lot of experience standing tall and making accurate throws with the knowledge that he's about to get hit. He's a very tough kid (played through an ankle injury during the season despite it visibly hobbling him in some games...and played well). Grayson also has flashed NFL caliber anticipation (seen him start his motion on quite a few NFL out routes before the WR has even began gearing down to make his break) although he needs to be more consistent with it, his timing, and his internal clock. Will throw late at times or hold onto the ball too long at times but this should improve with experience and coaching at the next level. Grayson has shown the ability to work through NFL style route combinations and progressions. He will hit the checkdown when nothing is there or throw it away when necessary. He's a good decision maker that protects the ball. He needs to be more deceptive with his eyes as he will lock onto targets at times. Grayson also needs to be more consistent with his timing in moving through progressions. His mental processing speed looks great at times and at other times, he's slow to come off his first read. But again, these are things that typically improve in the NFL. I like Grayson a lot as a prospect. I think he's got the ability to develop into a starter for a team at the next level.

Round 2 Pick #15 - Laken Tomlinson OG Duke

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgXXg699XNo

Analysis: Tomlinson will come in and compete with T.J. Clemmings for a starting spot at OG. If we opt not to re-sign Barksdale after the season, Tomlinson will be counted on as a starting OG in 2016 with Clemmings kicking back outside. Tomlinson is a massive man at 6'3" 325 with nearly 34 inch arms. He's a very experienced and pro ready player with four years of starting experience at Duke. Surprisingly, despite his size, Tomlinson is currently a better pass blocker than a run blocker. He has a wide base, good feet for a man his size, mirrors well, and has a very strong grip with good hand placement. Tomlinson reportedly has not given up a sack in the last two years at Duke. While he's not the most athletic man, he does a nice job of mirroring DLs and keeping himself in good position. Will occasionally struggle against quicker DLs if they can get him to take a missed step or shoot the gap quickly because he doesn't have great quickness to recover.

As a run blocker, he's a strong guy and uses angles well but he doesn't get the push you'd expect out of a guy his size. He gives strong effort but doesn't have that sort of nasty mean streak that other guys like Brandon Scherff have in this class. Tomlinson also doesn't have a jolting punch which lessens his ability to dominate as a drive blocker. He needs to do a better job of keeping his base wide and driving his feet through contact in order to push guys off the LOS. He's also limited a bit on the second level due to his athleticism. He's definitely a PBS OG and probably best suited on the right side although he could handle the left side.

Round 4 Pick #20 - DeAndre Smelter WR Georgia Tech

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjlTPD4BHQo

Analysis: As I've said before many times, this is a kid with outstanding physical talent and the type of attitude I love in big WRs(aggressive bully). He's 6'2" 225 with speed to stretch the defenses deep, the strength to break tackles after the catch, and the quickness to make people miss as well as make hard cuts on his routes. He's raw and tore his ACL late in 2014 but if he were healthy, I think he'd have put himself in contention for a first round pick at the Combine. He's that talented imo. He'll take some time to develop but this is the type of guy that rewards you if you show patience. He's aggressive, he's physical, he plays with a mean streak, and the guy is one heck of a runner with the ball in his hands.

Round 6 Pick #40 - Donald Celiscar CB/S Western Michigan

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJAbl2cbRM

Analysis: Celiscar is a physical CB that is not afraid to come up in run support. His lack of long speed has some believing he should move to safety due to the aforementioned physicality and run support. I think he'd be a great safety but I also think he's capable of playing CB in the NFL. Likely in the slot. I love his instincts, feet, and hip fluidity. He anticipates routes well and gets a great break on the ball. He's a very aggressive kid that sticks to his man like glue. Faster WRs can get behind him deep but he's feisty and will make them absolutely earn it. The big thing I loved seeing while watching him is that he brought his "A" game when playing more talented teams and really stood out. Also, Celiscar is a former WR and plays like it. He has great ball-skills and is very comfortable playing the ball even with his back to it.

Round 7 Pick #32 - BPA

Starting Line-up
QB: Nick Foles
HB: Tre Mason
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Brian Quick
ZWR: Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: T.J. Clemmings
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Joe Barksdale

LDE: Chris Long
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
OLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: E.J. Gaines
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: Trumaine Johnson (Gaines moves into the slot when all three are on the field)
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If these players all pan out it would be an excellent draft. But I am in the camp that thinks picking Clemmings is a mistake, I don't have faith in him.

If the Rams are dead set on taking a QB that high, then trading back and using a second first rounder to do it is the only way I would like it. Who that guy is 'shrug' because I am not impressed with any but the top two in ability, I would take a QB later.

Tomlinson is a very good pick in round 2 IMO. I think Celiscar and Smelter would be good values at those picks.

thehammer

Rookie
see a lot of Jason Smith in Clemmings...and his low wonderlic is also bothersome but each to his own. We will all know in a couple of years

doubt Celiscar is a good fit for the rams ..just lacks the quickness/long speed to hold up in man to man coverage..more of a nickle/zone cb.

Zero chance the Rams will draft him IMO but will be interesting following his career. Maybe without a position in the NFL..too small and doesn't tackle well enough to play fs and doesn't run well enough to play cb . Still our 6th is almost a 7th and Celsicar might be as good as any else still on the board in this draft

I'd like to know what Smelter ran as a junior, the scouts do, that would give a good tip when he will be drafted...looks like a 4.55/4.6 guy when watching him. Watched the Tulane vs Georgia tech game and Lorenzo Doss manned Smelter up all over the field and dominated him...zero catches. Doss is a decent cb prospect and likely will go in the 4th/5th rd area but Smelter couldn't get off the line of scrimmage when pressed and lacked to speed to get open when Doss was in off coverage...what does that say about Smelter?

Smelter coming off the acl has zero st value so how high do you draft a developmental wr who will take up a roster spot and can't even dress on Sunday?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@jrry32 put it together again and thank you sir nice trade down, however, I get the feeling the Rams will stay at 10 and go Scherff or La'el Collins IMHO. Like going QB and that you stand by your guy in Grayson and although I prefer Petty the fact we won't have to here about the adjustment from the spread offense might actually be refreshing.

I concur in bringing back Barksdale and a one year deal might be the best solution for both parties...I refuse to use Joseph as an excuse, that's just ludicrous. You can play or you can't should not matter who is next to you. In that case maybe Scott Wells should get a pass too because he played next to Joseph and maybe the Rams should not have cut Ray Ray Armstrong because he had the locker next to Joseph and so on an so forth.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Do you think that Cann won't be there in the second round with the Rams pick? Because while I know you like Grayson, I think that Cann would be a better pick in that scenario, and you could still get Grayson with the Miami pick. The picks aren't really far apart, and the teams between those picks don't need quarterbacks with the exception of Cleveland - and it's more than possible that they deal for a veteran quarterback instead.

As for the BPA, try for a defensive end who might be slipping. We're going to need at least one in this draft, since Long, Hayes, and Sims are likely all gone next year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A trade down sure works for me. I believe it will be a strong possibility. The top three positions you targeted are in critical need. This mock shows excellent foresight. The bad thing here is BPA high goose steppers proletarian guard police :coach:will have you arrested & you would never make :shooting::double:it to your booking & photo secession alive.:LOL:. They will all consider your first & second day draft picks reaches. Never-mind that these three prospects stands to help improve this team forward future winning seasons. I would have heartburn with QB Grayson @ #41 but fully understand it. If the Rams draft was as you mocked I would consider it a good success.:bow:

P.S. jrry32.....Your suggested starting OL....I think Boudreau will prefer to insert Laken Tomlinson {LT} directly in @ Right OG post next to the resigned veteran ORT Barksdale as the starter. LT has yet to prove he is versatile, however he is known for his football smarts. LT started 52 NCAA games @ RIGHT OG with mostly outstanding results. Boudreau needs an instant starter on his OL now & LT is ready to fill this need.

TJ Clemmings is rated a late first day selection by most draft grades. TJ is nowhere near NFL ready. Very good chance that Fisher @ #14 pick will have OT's prospects Peat, Humphries, Collins & Flowers still on the board when they make the first pick. Very hard to pass those four up & take TJ Clemmings however the skill set of TJ fits the Rams needs on the left side. IMO he is nowhere ready to start in the NFL. TJ has never been a left side player. TJ started 26 games @ right OT in his senior & Jr seasons & his freshmen & Sophomore seasons he was a DE.

For a NFL team needing talented Ol'ers who will need to be ready to start in case of injury trouble is sure to arrive if Saffold OLG or Robinson OLT were absent from the starting lineup & TJ was tasked to fill their posts. Boudreau would be forced to use Brandon Washington @ the OLG post & Barrett Jones @ the OLT post:eek:. Both Saffold & Robinson have undergone off season surgeries & now in rehabbing events. I thinking based on that I would have to go with La'el Collins instead who has 39 starts on the left side @ OLG/OLT & is projected to be an excellent right OT in the NFL where he could soon replace the inadequate Barksdale in 2016. In conclusion I fully understand the selection of TJ Clemmings & would have no heartburn with it based on his unbelievable up side.

Based on your mock Ram early 2015 OL makeup:
OLT- Robinson/Barrett Jones/*Clemmings
OLG- Saffold/Washington/*Clemmings
OC- Barnes/Rhaney
ORG- Bond/Tomlinson
ORT-Barksdale/Reynolds/Baker

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Based on your mock Ram early 2015 OL makeup:
OLT- Robinson/Barrett Jones/*Clemmings
OLG- Saffold/Washington/*Clemmings
OC- Barnes/Rhaney
ORG- Bond/Tomlinson
ORT-Barksdale/Reynolds/Baker
I just don't know how I feel about this ^. I prefer to have Saffold at RG!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I could see this happening. Something like this wouldn't surprise me one bit. But, this represents a pretty disappointing draft for me.

Sure, the 2015 Draft is not just about the 2015 Season, but this potentially offers almost no help for 2015, IMO.

Clemmings may be a bit too raw to be selected that high for my taste. Physically, he looks more like a LT than a RT type to me and I didn't like it that it was said that he was losing confidence during Senior Bowl practices. He hasn't seen anything yet.

You already know my opinions on Grayson. And while I really like Tomlinson, he really seems like a RG only type to me. And I'd really like to see Saffold go back to what has been said to be his best position.

Smelter? Love him. Just not sure that the team has the luxury of selecting a red-shirt year type that high with so few draft selections and Quick being somewhat of an unknown coming into this season.

But, one thing is for sure, the "OLine or bust crowd will be thrilled."

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But, one thing is for sure, the "OLine or bust crowd will be thrilled."

Honestly is there another direction they could go? Granted they could sign Blalock & Barksdale, but if they went Scherff and then resigned Barksdale for example and ended up with an OL

LT...Robinson
LG...Saffold
C....Jones/Rhaney
RG..Scherff
RT...Barksdale

Or signed Blalock and then lined up with

LT...Robinson
LG...Blalock
C...Jones/Rhaney
RG...Saffold
RT...Scherff

Would that not be an upgrade over last season? IMO, Brandon Scherff is their target they feel he's Zack Martin of last season and I don't believe they will trade down if he's still on the board. Now I'm not sure they like Collins as much because although he's strong and athletic, he might be a tad light for Fisher/Boudreau at 305lbs. Peat is still an option too, but regardless of how it plays out I think most feel OL is priority one in this draft and although not sexy, it might be the right picks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just don't know how I feel about this ^. I prefer to have Saffold at RG!

So would most everyone else.....but who on the Rams roster are you going to start next to the still very GREEN Robinson @ OLT?

Saffold is also still the only legit back up to Greg Robinson. If that remains you better keep Saffold over on the left side so IF GR does go down Saffold just slides left a few feet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Another thing is that we don't have the thirty-second pick in the seventh round. We traded that pick to the Atlanta Hawks in the Ogletree deal. We have our original seventh round pick in this class.

paceram

Pro Bowler
My last mock will not have any trades so this mock will be my last one with trades. As usual, this is what I'd do if I were calling the shots.

Re-sign
Joe Barksdale - 1 year $3 million (can earn up to $5 million with incentives)

Barksdale gets a "prove it" deal to give us experience and continuity at RT and to allow him to rehab his value in order to get a bigger deal next off-season when he's not spending most of the season playing next to Davin Joseph.

Trade
Rams trade 1st round #10 and 3rd round #8
Dolphins trade 1st round #14 and 2nd round #15

This actually matches up perfectly on the trade value chart. The Dolphins reportedly covet DeVante Parker so the Rams opt to move down a few spots and still grab their guy while getting another top 50 pick in a class that lacks depth.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #14 - T.J. Clemmings OT Pittsburgh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPpSi723eM

Analysis: This may not be the most popular pick because people are worried about his perceived rawness but that won't stop me from drafting the highest rated guy on my board. The draft is about more than just 2015. Yes, Clemmings will have some rookies moments if asked to start (even at LG) but he also has the ability to develop into one of the best OTs in the NFL.(not just RT...either side) He's easily the most athletically gifted OT in this class boasting quick feet, great balance, smooth, fluid and graceful movement skills, and arguably the best power of any OT in this class. Clemmings is already a dominating run blocker despite still having some technical flaws to clean up in that department.

As a pass blocker, Clemmings is raw but insanely talented. He has the range and movement skills to handle any type of rusher but needs to learn to trust his feet and technique as he climbs deeper into the back-field. Clemmings also needs to not involve his head in his punch as it leaves him vulnerable to arm over swim moves and adversely affects his balance. Additionally, Clemmings needs to work on his footwork while sliding and his punch placement especially on counter moves to the inside. That all said, Clemmings has come a long way as a player and should continue to develop with even better coaching at the next level. As long as he doesn't lose confidence, he has the ability to be as good as he wants to be as a pass blocker...he just needs time, coaching, and experience.

Round 2 Pick #9 - Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fwhKKXII_g

Analysis: This also might not be the most popular pick and some might say I'm reaching but I don't care. I think Grayson can be a starting QB for this team down the line and I don't want to risk losing him. Garrett Grayson does not have outstanding physical tools but he makes up for his average physical talent with great instincts, sound mechanics, and consistent ball placement. Grayson's arm strength is middle of the pack and would likely be considered below average for a current NFL starter but it is adequate for the next level. Due to his polished footwork, he gets good zip on the majority of throws. Some of the deeper throws to the sideline can be tough for him. However, him and Nick Foles both are similar in terms of arm strength so Grayson's arm is more than enough. Grayson really shines in ball placement. His polished footwork, throwing base, and upper body mechanics allow him to throw a very consistent ball. He is coming from a pro style offense so he's used to throwing pro style routes and locates the football well especially on deep routes. Grayson also shows nice touch on the ball although he needs to do a better job of lofting it when trying to get over the LOS without a throwing lane as he had some issues in college with batted passes. Grayson also had a slight hitch in the back side of his throwing motion but has reportedly been working this off-season to clean that up. It looked a lot better at his Pro Day so we'll see if he can carry that over.

Grayson's poise under pressure, pocket presence, and pocket movement are some of the most impressive parts of his game. Grayson feels pressure and understands how to slide in the pocket to find and create space while still keeping his eyes down-field. Grayson also understands when to take a sack and protect the football. His OL was inconsistent so he dealt with quite a bit of pressure and has a lot of experience standing tall and making accurate throws with the knowledge that he's about to get hit. He's a very tough kid (played through an ankle injury during the season despite it visibly hobbling him in some games...and played well). Grayson also has flashed NFL caliber anticipation (seen him start his motion on quite a few NFL out routes before the WR has even began gearing down to make his break) although he needs to be more consistent with it, his timing, and his internal clock. Will throw late at times or hold onto the ball too long at times but this should improve with experience and coaching at the next level. Grayson has shown the ability to work through NFL style route combinations and progressions. He will hit the checkdown when nothing is there or throw it away when necessary. He's a good decision maker that protects the ball. He needs to be more deceptive with his eyes as he will lock onto targets at times. Grayson also needs to be more consistent with his timing in moving through progressions. His mental processing speed looks great at times and at other times, he's slow to come off his first read. But again, these are things that typically improve in the NFL. I like Grayson a lot as a prospect. I think he's got the ability to develop into a starter for a team at the next level.

Round 2 Pick #15 - Laken Tomlinson OG Duke

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgXXg699XNo

Analysis: Tomlinson will come in and compete with T.J. Clemmings for a starting spot at OG. If we opt not to re-sign Barksdale after the season, Tomlinson will be counted on as a starting OG in 2016 with Clemmings kicking back outside. Tomlinson is a massive man at 6'3" 325 with nearly 34 inch arms. He's a very experienced and pro ready player with four years of starting experience at Duke. Surprisingly, despite his size, Tomlinson is currently a better pass blocker than a run blocker. He has a wide base, good feet for a man his size, mirrors well, and has a very strong grip with good hand placement. Tomlinson reportedly has not given up a sack in the last two years at Duke. While he's not the most athletic man, he does a nice job of mirroring DLs and keeping himself in good position. Will occasionally struggle against quicker DLs if they can get him to take a missed step or shoot the gap quickly because he doesn't have great quickness to recover.

As a run blocker, he's a strong guy and uses angles well but he doesn't get the push you'd expect out of a guy his size. He gives strong effort but doesn't have that sort of nasty mean streak that other guys like Brandon Scherff have in this class. Tomlinson also doesn't have a jolting punch which lessens his ability to dominate as a drive blocker. He needs to do a better job of keeping his base wide and driving his feet through contact in order to push guys off the LOS. He's also limited a bit on the second level due to his athleticism. He's definitely a PBS OG and probably best suited on the right side although he could handle the left side.

Round 4 Pick #20 - DeAndre Smelter WR Georgia Tech

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjlTPD4BHQo

Analysis: As I've said before many times, this is a kid with outstanding physical talent and the type of attitude I love in big WRs(aggressive bully). He's 6'2" 225 with speed to stretch the defenses deep, the strength to break tackles after the catch, and the quickness to make people miss as well as make hard cuts on his routes. He's raw and tore his ACL late in 2014 but if he were healthy, I think he'd have put himself in contention for a first round pick at the Combine. He's that talented imo. He'll take some time to develop but this is the type of guy that rewards you if you show patience. He's aggressive, he's physical, he plays with a mean streak, and the guy is one heck of a runner with the ball in his hands.

Round 6 Pick #40 - Donald Celiscar CB/S Western Michigan

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJAbl2cbRM

Analysis: Celiscar is a physical CB that is not afraid to come up in run support. His lack of long speed has some believing he should move to safety due to the aforementioned physicality and run support. I think he'd be a great safety but I also think he's capable of playing CB in the NFL. Likely in the slot. I love his instincts, feet, and hip fluidity. He anticipates routes well and gets a great break on the ball. He's a very aggressive kid that sticks to his man like glue. Faster WRs can get behind him deep but he's feisty and will make them absolutely earn it. The big thing I loved seeing while watching him is that he brought his "A" game when playing more talented teams and really stood out. Also, Celiscar is a former WR and plays like it. He has great ball-skills and is very comfortable playing the ball even with his back to it.

Round 7 Pick #32 - BPA

Starting Line-up
QB: Nick Foles
HB: Tre Mason
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Brian Quick
ZWR: Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: T.J. Clemmings
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Joe Barksdale

LDE: Chris Long
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
OLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: E.J. Gaines
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: Trumaine Johnson (Gaines moves into the slot when all three are on the field)
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

While I like your Barksdale signing and will like your trade down scenario IF Scherff (IF, he is still available I would pick him at #10) has already been selected I would personally prefer one of the other offensive linemen (Flowers, Peat, Collins, etc) over Clemmings. And, while this is just a personal preference I would select Petty over Grayson.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So would most everyone else.....but who on the Rams roster are you going to start next to the still very GREEN Robinson @ OLT?

Saffold is also still the only legit back up to Greg Robinson. If that remains you better keep Saffold over on the left side so IF GR does go down Saffold just slides left a few feet.
Point well made! I wasn't looking at it from that angle! (y)

Memphis Ram

Legend
@den-the-coach

There are probably a myriad of ways to upgrade the OLine above last year's injured group. But, in the end, none of them really matter if the QB and OC aren't on their games.:(

I just want to see 5 average to above average guys working together on the same page as that's all an offense really needs. And, IMO, that can happen if the team goes OLine during the first couple or rounds or if they did not.

What many consider the best OLine in football only has 3 studs and two guys most here would be screaming to replace (Leary & Free). And that same team had a great offense even before the 3rd guy (Martin) got there.

BTW, I read that Collins is back up to 320.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Honestly is there another direction they could go? Granted they could sign Blalock & Barksdale, but if they went Scherff and then resigned Barksdale for example and ended up with an OL

LT...Robinson
LG...Saffold
C....Jones/Rhaney
RG..Scherff
RT...Barksdale

Or signed Blalock and then lined up with

LT...Robinson
LG...Blalock
C...Jones/Rhaney
RG...Saffold
RT...Scherff

Would that not be an upgrade over last season? IMO, Brandon Scherff is their target they feel he's Zack Martin of last season and I don't believe they will trade down if he's still on the board. Now I'm not sure they like Collins as much because although he's strong and athletic, he might be a tad light for Fisher/Boudreau at 305lbs. Peat is still an option too, but regardless of how it plays out I think most feel OL is priority one in this draft and although not sexy, it might be the right picks.

Just not very sure Fisher is going to let UFA Justin Blalock rob (opps) I mean empty the Rams Cap Bank $$$ Reserves so early here in the 2015 season. I think they will come to terms with JB though.

I strongly believe Snead (if permitted by Fisher) can & will find a starting OG on Thursday evening or Friday, that will not place the Rams Cap close in the RED. One thing I know is your man Brandon Scherff {BS} could finally end our issues for a excellent starting OLG into the future up to 5 yrs if he were to be selected. I do not believe BS is a solution to our current issues @ ORT. BS never started any NCAA games the right side he has been a left side (OLG/OLT) since he was a Freshmen. Plug BS in at day one @ OLG!

Point well made! I wasn't looking at it from that angle! (y)
If BS was the pick then Boudreau would solve the big issue @ the OG post plus additionally Saffold could be flipped back to the Right side as your brought up. That left side OL with GR & BS would be extremely talented ...but also very YOUNG.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting draft. In that scenario I wouldn't be surprised that Laken beats out Clemmings at LG... actually, that they keep Saffold at LG and Laken takes RG with Clemmings on the bench.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just not very sure Fisher is going to let UFA Justin Blalock rob (opps) I mean empty the Rams Cap Bank $$$ Reserves so early here in the 2015 season. I think they will come to terms with JB though.

I strongly believe Snead (if permitted by Fisher) can & will find a starting OG on Thursday evening or Friday, that will not place the Rams Cap close in the RED. One thing I know is your man Brandon Scherff {BS} could finally end our issues for a excellent starting OLG into the future up to 5 yrs if he were to be selected. I do not believe BS is a solution to our current issues @ ORT. BS never started any NCAA games the right side he has been a left side (OLG/OLT) since he was a Freshmen. Plug BS in at day one @ OLG!

If BS was the pick then Boudreau would solve the big issue @ the OG post plus additionally Saffold could be flipped back to the Right side as your brought up. That left side OL with GR & BS would be extremely talented ...but also very YOUNG.

For the record Scherff is not my man I like Collins better, however, I believe Fisher & Company prefer Scherff based off being just plain nasty and a throwback. IMO, Collins is more athletic, but Scherff would be an excellent Guard as you post, however, I don't think it would be much of an issue playing RT for him. He played LT and I think many get caught up in the semantics of left from right.

Many posted that about Saffold and that because he was left handed, he would struggle on the right side, but he was one hell of a RG, correct? All in all I do believe the Rams want to rebuild the line and I do believe they will go BS or LC and Scherff could very well go to the Giants one pick before which in lies another issue with the NFL as head to head should trump strength of schedule every time, IMO.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@den-the-coach

There are probably a myriad of ways to upgrade the OLine above last year's injured group. But, in the end, none of them really matter if the QB and OC aren't on their games.:(

I just want to see 5 average to above average guys working together on the same page as that's all an offense really needs. And, IMO, that can happen if the team goes OLine during the first couple or rounds or if they did not.

What many consider the best OLine in football only has 3 studs and two guys most here would be screaming to replace (Leary & Free). And that same team had a great offense even before the 3rd guy (Martin) got there.

BTW, I read that Collins is back up to 320.

I do agree you need to have five guys in unison all coming together as one cohesive unit. Problem is the offensive line issue has been an issue for the Rams since 2007 and they keep throwing money and draft choices and have not yet found the solution. Guess I took it for granted in the 70's and 80's and during the Greatest Show on Turf.

In the end they need to solve that equation and IMO, this will be the draft they try to do it. First round and third most likely, but as you illustrate ever so eloquently, that may not solve the issue, but I guess I am just tired of the offensive line being a question mark year in and year out and I'm ready and hopeful this will be the year we don't have to worry about that unit.

Glad Collins is up to 320, he would be my pick for the record.