Josh Gordon to work as a car salesman.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Honestly I kind of feel for the guy. I have a good friend who is a big time Browns fan and of course, they've done a lot of research on this one. I'm not sure how brushed up on all of the details everyone is, but here's what's been passed to me:

• Gordon had been tested some 70 times since his suspension to start the year in 2013 and passed everyone of them.
  • The FAA allows a cutoff of 50 ng\ml before you're in trouble, Gordon tested one sample at 16ng\ml and the other at 13!
  • THC is stored in fat cells and can be released after vigorous workouts. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that a guy getting in shape during training camp released some stored THC levels into his system.
To me it just seems unlikely that the dude suddenly got the urge to blaze during camp knowing full well he'd be tested on a weekly basis.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Honestly I kind of feel for the guy. I have a good friend who is a big time Browns fan and of course, they've done a lot of research on this one. I'm not sure how brushed up on all of the details everyone is, but here's what's been passed to me:

• Gordon had been tested some 70 times since his suspension to start the year in 2013 and passed everyone of them.
  • The FAA allows a cutoff of 50 ng\ml before you're in trouble, Gordon tested one sample at 16ng\ml and the other at 13!
  • THC is stored in fat cells and can be released after vigorous workouts. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that a guy getting in shape during training camp released some stored THC levels into his system.
To me it just seems unlikely that the dude suddenly got the urge to blaze during camp knowing full well he'd be tested on a weekly basis.
Don't know man but I'm calling BS on some of this. First of all, 15 not 50 is the threshold, second, I don't believe THC is stored more than a month. He also claimed that he received the THC from second hand smoke - right. He couldn't get away from it. It just went straight into his system.

All that being said, I think testing for small amounts of THC in the NFL is just a show for Roger and the owners. There's no enhanced abilities that come from a few puffs of weed. It's beyond stupid. Test them for actual performance enhancing substances? OK I suppose. But this whole pot thing is really ridiculous IMO. Large amounts that show constant use during the NFL year - maybe. But I would think it would be better left up to the team on that one.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Don't know man but I'm calling BS on some of this. First of all, 15 not 50 is the threshold.
http://www.dot.gov/odapc/part40/40_87 - To me it reads as if your initial test is over 50, they test you again. If that second test is over 15, you're in trouble. I'm no expert on testing protocols or anything like that though. Just second hand information.

All that being said, I think testing for small amounts of THC in the NFL is just a show for Roger and the owners. There's no enhanced abilities that come from a few puffs of weed. It's beyond stupid. Test them for actual performance enhancing substances? OK I suppose. But this whole pot thing is really ridiculous IMO. Large amounts that show constant use during the NFL year - maybe. But I would think it would be better left up to the team on that one.
I fully agree with you. I think it will change soon too. I heard that the players association might trade Weed testing for HGH testing, which to me indicates that they are smoking a whole lot of ganja because they've been fighting the HGH testing for quite some time.
A sport that is predicated on high speed collisions and repetitively smashing into one another. I think they should be allowed to unwind and medicate a little bit. Beats the hell out of toradol or whatever the hell else trainers used to pump into these guys.

Athos

Legend
Probably annoyed with Johnny Foosball getting all the attention and having no QB to get him the ball. :ROFLMAO:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Cleveland fans think he is done there. Any takers?

This is a good question, and I'd be really leary even if he came cheaply. He isn't growing up. The talent is amazing, but he is a guy who can't stop self destructing and usually those types need to really hit bottom before they wake up and he hasn't done that yet. I think it'll take another suspension and loss of all those game checks for a year to get his head outta his azz.

FRO

Legend
This is a good question, and I'd be really leary even if he came cheaply. He isn't growing up. The talent is amazing, but he is a guy who can't stop self destructing and usually those types need to really hit bottom before they wake up and he hasn't done that yet. I think it'll take another suspension and loss of all those game checks for a year to get his head outta his azz.
Fisher knows how to handle Britt. I would take my chances with Gordon.

iced

would jump on him in a heart beat, depending on the cost..

-Clearly an upgrade and a studly #1
-Players seem to love Coach Fisher, and he does corral the "trouble makers"

FRO

Legend

Probably cost a mid/late round pick.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Not sure why he missed the walkthrough practice, so "maybe" there's a good reason, but not mentioned is that it's going to affect his situation in more ways than one.

Gordon needed to be active for 6 games to become an unrestricted free agent next year but now that he's inactive for the last game, he'll only have 5 games and thus be a restricted free agent. Not sure how that might affect teams that are interested in him but my impression is that Gordon figured he was "gone" next year so he didn't bother showing up for the practice.

Which only speaks to his immaturity and poor decision-making.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why he missed the walkthrough practice, so "maybe" there's a good reason, but not mentioned is that it's going to affect his situation in more ways than one.

Gordon needed to be active for 6 games to become an unrestricted free agent next year but now that he's inactive for the last game, he'll only have 5 games and thus be a restricted free agent. Not sure how that might affect teams that are interested in him but my impression is that Gordon figured he was "gone" next year so he didn't bother showing up for the practice.

Which only speaks to his immaturity and poor decision-making.

i heard the browns took this opportunity to suspend him and thus keep him another year on the cheap. that's a nice way to inspire your playing roster and possible FAs.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Cleveland fans think he is done there. Any takers?
SOMETIMES, troublemakers get a wake up call from being let go by one team and do well elsewhere (I've used the example of Faulk here before.)

That said, I'd only want the Rams to get him if it was a cheap "prove it" contract that they could get rid of easily. Because MOST troublemakers NEVER get it.

But someone's going to overpay for his name. Hope it's not us.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The worry I have is that he isn't a "trouble maker", he just can't lay off the weed and has trouble showing up when he is supposed to. This isn't the first time he's missed a practice in CLE. He has a rep as a lazy dumbass with amazing skills.

One more failed test and he's gone for at least a year. Maybe more I can't remember.

And there is no way to know if he has decided to be a man not a boy.