Jonathan Cooper a disappointment in Cardinals camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PolarBear

Rookie
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/03/jonathan-cooper-a-disappointment-in-cardinals-camp/
by Michael David Smith
Heading into last year’s NFL draft, Jonathan Cooper was viewed as one of the best guard prospects ever to come out of college football. But he still has a long way to go to live up to the hype.

The Cardinals took Cooper with the seventh overall pick last year, but he broke his leg in the preseason and missed the entire regular season. Now Cooper is healthy enough to practice, but head coach Bruce Arians hasn’t been thrilled with what he’s seen.

I’m a little disappointed with where Coop is at right now,” Arians told the team’s website. “I’d hope he come a little faster.”

The Cardinals actually had two rookie guards who sat out the entire season last year, with fourth-round pick Earl Watford also not playing at all last year. Arians said he thinks the presence of Watford on the depth chart may push Cooper, which is a good sign for Watford’s development, but not such a great sign for a Top 10 pick heading into his second year.

Cardncub

Rookie
Coaches are thinking it's just rust from sitting out a year. He was pretty dominant before the injury last year so they are trying to light a fire under him to get him back to form.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's not good news for the Cards but he still has time to get back to his former self. We play them around mid season. I bet he'll be good by then.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/03/jonathan-cooper-a-disappointment-in-cardinals-camp/
by Michael David Smith
Heading into last year’s NFL draft, Jonathan Cooper was viewed as one of the best guard prospects ever to come out of college football. But he still has a long way to go to live up to the hype.

The Cardinals took Cooper with the seventh overall pick last year, but he broke his leg in the preseason and missed the entire regular season. Now Cooper is healthy enough to practice, but head coach Bruce Arians hasn’t been thrilled with what he’s seen.

I’m a little disappointed with where Coop is at right now,” Arians told the team’s website. “I’d hope he come a little faster.”

The Cardinals actually had two rookie guards who sat out the entire season last year, with fourth-round pick Earl Watford also not playing at all last year. Arians said he thinks the presence of Watford on the depth chart may push Cooper, which is a good sign for Watford’s development, but not such a great sign for a Top 10 pick heading into his second year.
Didn't we hear this garbage from PFT on Greg Robinson too. Let's see what happens when they actually start playing football games that count

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Does it take any olld big red fans besides me a second to realize "hey thats not my team anymore" when these threads with the name cardinals in the headline are put up?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You make one honest comment and it gets blown up, and then people wonder why coaches use coach speak.
Exactly, probably some reverse psychology to get Cooper going....I'll take it with a grain of salt & believe it when I see it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Should be a nice little snack for Donald and Brock on their way to devouring Palmer