Johnny Tricycle signs with the AAF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, one thing the Memphis Express in the AAF has established is, whoever are making their decisions on Quarterbacks should never work in a football personnel department ever...First they drafted Christian Blaize Hackenberg very early, next they selected Zachary Rich Mettenberger both of the Bergs very bad and next comes Johnathan "Johnny" Paul Manziel and IMO, Manziel can't be any worse. Nice job Mike Singletary and General Manager Will Lewis as when it comes to Quarterbacks are totally clueless.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure I understand why there is so much hate for the guy. Sounds like he wanted out of the Canada deal so he could play for peanuts in the AAF.
I hope he plays well, it would be good for the league if he does.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Well, one thing the Memphis Express in the AAF has established is, whoever are making their decisions on Quarterbacks should never work in a football personnel department ever...First they drafted Christian Blaize Hackenberg very early, next they selected Zachary Rich Mettenberger both of the Bergs very bad and next comes Johnathan "Johnny" Paul Manziel and IMO, Manziel can't be any worse. Nice job Mike Singletary and General Manager Will Lewis as when it comes to Quarterbacks are totally clueless.
I don't think they draft. They sign players based on prior NFL or college team. If none of those apply (for example, the kid's college is not assigned to a team area) then it's like free agency. So Memphis had the unfortunate luck of being forced to take the Bergs. They might also be forced into taking Manzeil. The teams do have the option to pass, but I imagine it's considered bad form or people are scared of passing on talent assigned to them because there aren't that many good players at that level.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think they draft. They sign players based on prior NFL or college team. If none of those apply (for example, the kid's college is not assigned to a team area) then it's like free agency. So Memphis had the unfortunate luck of being forced to take the Bergs. They might also be forced into taking Manzeil. The teams do have the option to pass, but I imagine it's considered bad form or people are scared of passing on talent assigned to them because there aren't that many good players at that level.
Not exactly, but close.
They did hold a QB “draft” in the fall, but it was only for “eligible” QB who I believe had to participate in the AAF combine.
In addition, where you are correct, is that they could only “draft” a qb from within a geographical area. So Memphis top qb pick was actually Troy Cook from the University of Tennessee Martin (never heard of him or it either).
I read somewhere that only 3 of 8 qb who were drafted in “1st round” actually started for the team.
San Antonio had 1st crack at Manziel and passed on him, not because of his rep, but because they have 1 of the top qb in the league. Memphis had 2nd crack and took him because Mettenberger is hurt and Hackenberg just stinks...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So how many leagues are there that he can get kicked out of? Is he shooting for the grand slam yet?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Johnny Train Wreck is probably a more appropriate nick name.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Johnny Train Wreck is probably a more appropriate nick name.

We could make a good argument for that one too!

There was a photo-shopped pic of him riding a tricycle some years ago and I thought it was perfect. That's why I use that name. It fits.

And by the way, it's rare for me to bag on a player by fucking with their name. People gave me shit growing up about having "a girls name" since my name is Leslie so it's really not my thing. I got into so many fights, even into HS, over it............if you've ever noticed I really haven't done it.

Except for this douchenozzle.

allcredittoXforthattermIjustborrowedit

@Memento that fits too LOL

…..

Legend
Johnny Trycicle is funny as hell....I fully support Les on that.

But...

He's gonna have the last laugh when he destroys this league and forces the NFL to take notice once and for all !!!!

hahahahaha...okay okay....I just didnt know what else to say so I'm going full support because otherwise its a boring topic. The world needs more guys that arent afraid to buy an 8 ball. Viva La Jim McMahon!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Johnny Trycicle is funny as hell....I fully support Les on that.

But...

He's gonna have the last laugh when he destroys this league and forces the NFL to take notice once and for all !!!!

hahahahaha...okay okay....I just didnt know what else to say so I'm going full support because otherwise its a boring topic. The world needs more guys that arent afraid to buy an 8 ball. Viva La Jim McMahon!

Love ya, and you still have the best avatar this board has ever seen other than my Five Penis Head that @-X- made for me probably 4-5 years ago.

A dog in a Rams helmet is fantastic!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We could make a good argument for that one too!

There was a photo-shopped pic of him riding a tricycle some years ago and I thought it was perfect. That's why I use that name. It fits.

And by the way, it's rare for me to bag on a player by freaking with their name. People gave me crap growing up about having "a girls name" since my name is Leslie so it's really not my thing. I got into so many fights, even into HS, over it............if you've ever noticed I really haven't done it.

Except for this douchenozzle.

allcredittoXforthattermIjustborrowedit

@Memento that fits too LOL
Try growing up with Stuart Little as your moniker.