Johnny Manziel tweets phone number

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11799176/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-tweets-phone-number

Evidently Johnny Manziel broke the cardinal rule of Twitter: Never post for the public what is intended as a direct message.

[+] Enlarge
Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesJohnny Manziel appeared to send out his phone number in an ill-advised tweet on Friday night.

The Cleveland Browns quarterback appeared to post his phone number on Twitter.

A tweet just before 7 p.m. had only a 10-digit phone number, with an area code that includes San Antonio and Kerrville, Texas, where Manziel is from.

The tweet was deleted soon after it appeared, but as everyone knows a tweet that's seen for 30 seconds can reach a lot of people. The number was re-tweeted more than 300 times in less than 30 seconds.

It would make sense that the tweet was intended as a direct message, as those go to one individual rather than the entire world -- or at least the part of it that is following you.

Unfortunately for Manziel, he quickly became the butt of jokes on Twitter and just more than an hour after the number was posted, the mailbox for the number Manziel posted was full -- not surprisingly.

I want somebody who can't understand the basic rules of Twitter to run a complex NFL offense.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Following up on my own post - besides the obvious things (the players the Rams actually got) there are two things I'm very happy about the 2014 draft. First, that the Rams did not take this immature doofus to be their future face of the franchise. He's a seat of his pants type player, very good at that, but apparently without the concentration level to even master Twitter, much less an NFL offense. Secondly, I'm glad the Rams did not trade up for Zach Martin. He'll be a good player - but not good enough to prevent the disasters that have befallen the team, and not worth what the Rams would have traded for him, including a 2015 first likely to be very high.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If it had been anyone but him LOL! I mean really, this guy is some form of clown..

SierraRam

Recreational User
For those who missed it:

(462) 344-4323 or (Ima) Dik-head.
images

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Is this guy a lightning rod or what? I don't really see what he did "wrong". That is, besides being involved in the who social media Twitter verse in the first place. He's certainly been documented being a laughable idiot in the past but I don't see where he's really done anything immature or otherwise to be chastised here.

It's funny that all you have to do is mention his name and people go off. Talk about media circuses. "Johnny football" is the epitomy of a media circus. I'll be glad if we can ever get to a point where we can judge him by his merits on the field.

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
His phone is probably flooded with dick pics now.

At least it should be.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Is this guy a lightning rod or what? I don't really see what he did "wrong". That is, besides being involved in the who social media Twitter verse in the first place. He's certainly been documented being a laughable idiot in the past but I don't see where he's really done anything immature or otherwise to be chastised here.

It's funny that all you have to do is mention his name and people go off. Talk about media circuses. "Johnny football" is the epitomy of a media circus. I'll be glad if we can ever get to a point where we can judge him by his merits on the field.

Aside from being hopelessly self-centered, here is the latest example of his "idiot" behavior:

He and his buddies (including Usher and Browns cornerback Joe Haden) started out the game all smiles. But after what appeared to be a call that went against the Cavaliers, Johnny Mad-ziel went on an expletive-filled tirade, dropping F-bombs, removing his hat in frustration and angrily cussing out the referees on the court.

He'll get his chance, but in the meantime I've had a gut full of Cleveland's backup QB