Johnny Hekker: Pro Bowler

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Not to open a can of worms just giving credit where it's due, that's one for Snisher one for Spagvaney

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree, finding a stud punter and kicker who we can have on the team for many many years may not seem like much to a lot of people, but it is a big deal. Lots of games are decided by field position and field goals.

GO RAMS!!!!

It cracks me up when I see players poking fun at kickers and how they aren't really players and don't belong in the HOF. They decide as many games as the QB does.

Having a long range bomber is a fantastic thing when time is winding down.

Having a long range bomber that can help the D by putting a teams back against its own goal line is a huge help and gets the O good field position a lot of the time.

Yeah Bitches!!! Kickers!!!

jap

Legend
The Rams D has 49 sacks now? That means we need at least 4 sacks against the 'Hawks to show progress over last year. If The Mighty One racks up five to break Strahan's "official" record, we're set! Of course, the Rams fans know who has the real record but getting eight sacks to tie The Deacon and nine to break his mark is a tall order.

If we do draft Clowney, perhaps the Rams can really bear down on The Fisher King's old challenge to break the NFL team sack standard. Fish's association with that Bears team makes me wonder if he will try to move heaven & earth to get Clowney, tackle needs notwithstanding. Paul Boudreaux needs to eyeball the top OT prospects so he can choose who he wants to work with. He is always the last word on our OL needs for me.

Alan

Legend
jap with his solution to the problem:
If we do draft Clowney, perhaps the Rams can really bear down on The Fisher King's old challenge to break the NFL team sack standard. Fish's association with that Bears team makes me wonder if he will try to move heaven & earth to get Clowney, tackle needs notwithstanding. Paul Boudreaux needs to eyeball the top OT prospects so he can choose who he wants to work with. He is always the last word on our OL needs for me.
Playing a lot more man coverage so the opposing QB can't get rid of the ball so quickly, thus giving our pass rush more time, would probably work too.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm never sure if that means you have a good punt team or you're just punting from inside your own half more?
I think it's good coverage in this case, i read somewhere that teams have averaged 2.9 yards per return against us this year, good for best in the league, i.e. Were getting pretty much full value for Johnny's punts. Although i can see where your coming from with the punting from you own half thing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That would be ROD's very own; Johnny Hekker