John McClain of Houston Chronicle says its Manziel to Texans at 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle projects the Texans to use the No. 1 overall pick on Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.
Mock drafts can almost always be crumpled up and thrown away as garbage. But this projection is notable because McClain is nationally respected and plugged in to all things Texans. He continues to be staunch in his belief that the team will be taking a quarterback at No. 1 overall despite the recent push for South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney. The draft is four weeks from Thursday.
Related: Texans
Source: Houston Chronicle

RamsFan14

Starter
"John McClain of the Houston Cronocile PROJECTS the Texans to use the No. 1 overall pick on Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel."

Can't believe the draft has been moved back, too many rumors and people saying "THIS IS GANA HAPPEN" kinda scenarios... This is gana be a long 4 weeks... :(

I personally think it's down to Bortles, Clowney, and Manziel, but mostly the first two.

PhxRam

I would be absoutely shocked if Johnny football went number one

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle projects the Texans to use the No. 1 overall pick on Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.
Mock drafts can almost always be crumpled up and thrown away as garbage. But this projection is notable because McClain is nationally respected and plugged in to all things Texans. He continues to be staunch in his belief that the team will be taking a quarterback at No. 1 overall despite the recent push for South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney. The draft is four weeks from Thursday.
Related: Texans
Source: Houston Chronicle

IMHO they'd be INSANE to do that.
BUT....everyone has an opinion.....that's for sure.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
John McClain? Did he also say 'yippee ki yay!!!'?

Seriously though, i'd love them to take Manziel at 1. Leaves Clowney wide open for us!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That would be fine by me then Clowney is a Ram...Just think of this Future Headline:

Clowney Makes Kaepernick look Silly!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I would really LOVE it if Texas took Manziel though........I'd be giddy. :ROFLMAO:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
That would be fine by me then Clowney is a Ram...Just think of this Future Headline:

Clowney Makes Kaepernick look Silly!

I can see them taking Manziel. McClain is pretty plugged into the Texans. He said the experience Houston had with Mario Williams was not one that the team/fans were happy with. Mario didn't play hard on every down just like college and the fear is that's what they will get from Clowney.

Houston may be looking for some magic and Manziel appears to have more than any other QB. So who knows?

And I still think the Rams will trade #2 if Clowney is there, assuming the get their price.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel will visit the Texans on April 21 and 22.
Due to the proximity of the school, the visit likely does not count towards the Patriots' allotment of 30. Regardless, the meeting is notable and will receive plenty of attention. Expect the Texans to select Jadeveon Clowney with the top pick, but discussions have by no means ended at this point in the process.
Source: John McClain on Twitter

Memphis Ram

Legend
Just a mock draft. He had Bortles going #1 overall on the last one. Might have the other kid going #1 overall next time.

That said, I'd say that there's a snowballs chance that Manziel goes #1 overall. They didn't coax O'Brien back to the NFL to select a QB that doesn't fit what he looks for at the position.

V3

Hall of Fame
Due to the proximity of the school, the visit likely does not count towards the Patriots' allotment of 30. Regardless, the meeting is notable and will receive plenty of attention. Expect the Texans to select Jadeveon Clowney with the top pick, but discussions have by no means ended at this point in the process.

Your first posts says he projects Manziel to be selected and this post he says he expects Clowney to be selected.

The dude is just doing this to get clicks on his website.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

Bortles is supposed to be visiting the Texans the week before Manziel for his private workout. It's far from settled as yet, IMO.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well FWIW given the choice between Manzeil and RGIII ,I'd take Manzeil ,IMO he'll play the way RG did, but be smart enough to get down when the time comes

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well FWIW given the choice between Manzeil and RGIII ,I'd take Manzeil ,IMO he'll play the way RG did, but be smart enough to get down when the time comes
And his legs don't look like broom sticks holding up a scarecrow.