Jobs Won/Lost Through 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Cooper was a First-Team All Pro last year. How does that qualify as showing you nothing? Reynolds caught a TD in his first start as a rookie. And Thomas is one of the reasons why our special teams has consistently been one of the best units in the NFL the past few years. He's an elite gunner. Those guys are all role players. Reynolds actually has #1 WR potential, though. You don't cut one of them unless Hodge can replace them (Cooper or Thomas) in that role with the same level of play and be a better WR. He hasn't shown that sort of ability yet. As others have pointed out, this reminds me of all the Nelson Spruce love.
I agree with Jrry 100%. those last WRs positions need to able to contribute on special teams. You guy's want to replace 2 of NFL's best special team players with guys that won't play WR because of Cook, Woods, and Kupp. So we weaken Special teams to improve our strength at the 6th/7th WR position on our team? what am I missing hereo_O

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kind of where I am at with Hill.

He had some nice moments last year in real games. He’s not been strong these 3 preseason games, but can’t discard last year.
Saturday's game was a total nightmare for Nixon. Hill's game against the Texans was not a bad one. It was also a bad game for Hatfield.

Troy Hill does have the talent to start & play well but he has been inconsistent. Hill has a good chance to remain here as a Ram until 2020 because he will be a RFA in March of 2019. It would seem to me that Hill could really learn from Talib- Peters & Shields this season....IF he will. Currently Hill is my 5th rated Ram CB @ this time. He really does not have any competition for his spot at the moment.

Ram65

Legend
Just rewatched the game. It's interesting who/what string Ram's players are playing against.

Hemingway had his chances early and didn't look good again. Could be the injury has him thinking. PS or cut.

Hodge just seems to have it. He looks natural catching the ball. PS if not on the roster.

Mannion likes the dump offs and doesn't look comfortable early. Rams could do better at backup. Allen looked better but, was it against lesser players. He did a nice run for a first down. He had some nice deep out throw. All depends on what the coaches think.

Cooper keeps his job at returner and got some good reps at WR. Hope there is no hangover from the Falcons game. He has to be more committed to catching the ball. Natson would be a nice PS player for backup returner and can play WR.

Lawler and Price playing late looked good with pressure. Wonder how they do against better competition? I do like both of them.

Easley will be ready for the season. Always liked him in a rotational roll. When he plays more he isn't as effective.

Hill looks like the lesser of other evils. Could be he needs a real game.

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame
Easley will need another good game to win a roster spot. You can't tell me that the change of Easley to ER/OLB'er has not been planned for a long time.

While the move might not have been planned, that's why Wade is arguably the best D coordinator in the league. He can quickly identify fits and changes that need to be made. We have to remember Dom Easley was a first round pick out of FLA, so he's got more natural talent than most. His problem has been staying healthy and it's been a legitimate concern, but I don't think his roster spot is in jeopardy at this time. He's too talented and if he's healthy I can see him being better than Samson. He has legit pass rush moves and is more polished overall with his hands.

Last edited:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Troy Hill went to High School here in my hometown of Ventura, CA, so, to have him on the Rams is really special for me. I hope whatever funk he's in goes away and he makes us proud.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I am bumming there will be some gokg receivers cut potentially - Natson, Mitchell, Brown, Hodges and Cooper or Thomas. Same with possibly Davis.

Only area I cannot happy about is BU QB

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
RB: Kelly WON a roster spot and maybe the backup job. He didn't draw the top matchups of the game, but his one-cut-and-go decisiveness and explosiveness not to mention power means he's in. Certainly he is 3 on the depth chart at the lowest. IMO Davis will be stashed. RB room looks great

Fearless prediction: Sometime this season, when Gurley takes a breather, the opposing D is going to think they can take the play off, or at least not worry about the RB on the field, which will be Kelly. And Kelly is going to absolutely fking burn them.

Bank it.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Hill looks like the lesser of other evils. Could be he needs a real game.

So much this. Hill frustates me a lot of the time, but he's shown something here and there in games that count. Not ready to dump him yet, he may be the best 5th CB we have. If a better one is found then so be it. I think McVay/Phillips stick with him though.

dang

Legend
From what I have seen this preseason - Hill and Nixon look absolutely lost. I haven't seen enough of Hatfield to tell how he is doing. We are very lucky to have picked up Shields. I wouldn't be surprised if Rams pick up another CB from team cuts to fill the 5th CB spot and drop one of the others onto PS.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So much this. Hill frustates me a lot of the time, but he's shown something here and there in games that count. Not ready to dump him yet, he may be the best 5th CB we have. If a better one is found then so be it. I think McVay/Phillips stick with him though.
Good news, He always seems to be in position to make a play. Bad news, he never does.