JJIII trolled the Saints because he didn’t like how New Orleans taunted the Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

1097160040.jpg.0.jpg

Rams safety John Johnson came up with one of the biggest plays in the 2019 NFC Championship Game when he picked off Drew Brees in overtime. He then celebrated that ginormous play by mocking the Saints’ “Choppa Style” celebration.

View: https://twitter.com/TheHighStep/status/1087128690549387265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

As it turns out, Johnson said he was inspired to troll New Orleans because of how the Saints previously mocked the Eagles.

View: https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/1087577801388023808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

To be clear, the Saints didn’t mock the Eagles’ dog masks as much as they mocked the ski mask gimmick. It’s very clear the Saints do not like the Eagles, as I wrote about last week:

For whatever reason, the Saints clearly have some issues with the Eagles. After New Orleans won their 2014 playoff game in Philadelphia, Payton had the Saints’ team bus do victory laps around Lincoln Financial Field. During the 2018 offseason, Alvin Kamara said the Saints would have “beat the shit out of” the Eagles had they not lost to the Vikings. During the 2018 regular season, Kamara and Mark Ingram mocked the Eagles’ ski mask gimmick and referred to the Eagles as “fraudulents.” After the Eagles lost in New Orleans on Sunday, Saints players mocked the ski mask gimmick once again and also celebrated with “Dreams and Nightmares” (the Eagles’ Super Bowl anthem) blasting from speakers in the locker room.

Johnson didn’t specify who he’s friendly with on the Eagles but Daniel Gallen noted he’s from the same county as some of Philadelphia’s defensive backs:

View: https://twitter.com/danieljtgallen/status/1087707535682035712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If you needed more reason to root against the Patriots in the Super Bowl, here you go. Very nice of Johnson to do the Eagles a solid.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
After New Orleans won their 2014 playoff game in Philadelphia, Payton had the Saints’ team bus do victory laps around Lincoln Financial Field.

Is it possible there is a bigger prick in the NFL than Payton? I seriously doubt it. Even Arians is beginning to look like a pretty grounded dude compared to Payton.

Update: I just went an looked up information about the 2014 game on Pro Football Reference ... scroll down and check out who the head referee is for that one.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201401040phi.htm

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Is it possible there is a bigger prick in the NFL than Payton? I seriously doubt it. Even Arians is beginning to look like a pretty grounded dude compared to Payton.

Nope and he's always been a smug fuckwad. Dude emanates esprit de douche.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Looks like teams are being divided in the NFC. It's like a Civil War:

Team Ram: Falcons, Panthers, Eagles, Vikings

Team Aint: shitbirds, forty shitters, Cardinals,

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and I dig that chopper dance. JJ needs to keep that one goin. :p

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For whatever reason, the Saints clearly have some issues with the Eagles. After New Orleans won their 2014 playoff game in Philadelphia, Payton had the Saints’ team bus do victory laps around Lincoln Financial Field. During the 2018 offseason, Alvin Kamara said the Saints would have “beat the crap out of” the Eagles had they not lost to the Vikings. During the 2018 regular season, Kamara and Mark Ingram mocked the Eagles’ ski mask gimmick and referred to the Eagles as “fraudulents.” After the Eagles lost in New Orleans on Sunday, Saints players mocked the ski mask gimmick once again and also celebrated with “Dreams and Nightmares” (the Eagles’ Super Bowl anthem) blasting from speakers in the locker room.

Wow, what an amazingly immature thing to do.

I didn't know fraudulent could be pluralized.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Wow the Saints are trash, I had no idea just how trash that team was, I'm liking this win more and more with each passing minute

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Good on Johnson, fuck the Saints, and fuck Payton. Though I was confused because I thought that the dance was a Broncos thing, though I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints stole it.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
John Johnson is so damn good. I predict he is talked about as a top 5 safety after next season!

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Good for JJ. Rams rarely celebrate ( or at least pretty low key) and I wondered about this incident when it happened. Makes sense now. Add to that the Michael Thomas cell phone celebration in the regular season game. And to know the head coach partakes in it makes the Saints even more easy to hate.

Ram77

Rookie
Look at what the first ad was on the Saints message board lol

Attachments

• 8BF6BB63-BB9C-45DB-AC55-4E41416068FB.jpeg
    8BF6BB63-BB9C-45DB-AC55-4E41416068FB.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 166

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Saints fans act like they are the first team to have a bad call go against them. I seriously have never seen such whining.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Looks like teams are being divided in the NFC. It's like a Civil War:

Team Ram: Falcons, Panthers, Eagles, Vikings

Team Aint: shitbirds, forty shitters, Cardinals,

To be fair, when Seattle and SF were in their most recent SB's I was rooting for the other team** (** Except the Seattle v Pats SB - Was hoping for multiple injuries and suspensions)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
To be fair, when Seattle and SF were in their most recent SB's I was rooting for the other team** (** Except the Seattle v Pats SB - Was hoping for multiple injuries and suspensions)

I was all in on the Patriots that year. I wanted a true shitbird beatdown; didn't happen, but whatever.