JJ Watt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Now Watt might be on the move. Would he be a good fit on the edge for us for a couple of years? Add him to our D-line and he could be resurrected.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Now Watt might be on the move. Would he be a good fit on the edge for us for a couple of years? Add him to our D-line and he could be resurrected.

Too expensive, and he's on the downside of his career. Fantastic person, was an unbelievably great player, but I don't pull the trigger with that.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Too expensive, and he's on the downside of his career. Fantastic person, was an unbelievably great player, but I don't pull the trigger with that.
Wouldn't mind him on the cheap. Def not the same player but still better than anyone on our roster besides donald

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yup, him and AD would be awesome together. No more gaudy sack totals but still a monster.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t think he’s going to get a stupid expensive contract. The rub might be the length, it’s probably his last contract.

Only 5 sack and has had some injuries definitely not a top ten guy any more.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wouldn't mind him on the cheap. Def not the same player but still better than anyone on our roster besides donald
why would he come into any team on the cheap? But I certainly agree with finding a better front five to go with AD. Rams signed DL'ers Brockers & Robinson plus Floyd less than a year ago to help AD for major $$$ contracts that would still be much less than JJ but it still did very little to help AD.

MY thoughts on what I have seen is "play for peanuts contracts NT SJ-Day & Gaines" did more to assist AD than high-end $$$ Robinson & Brockers.

My thought is to draft talented edge rushers/OLB'ers in this draft that will drive QB's inside to the waiting arms of AD. You sure have no salary cap to purchase more aged DL'er's like Brockers/Robinson/Watts. If the Rams could not move past the Packers with an interior with G O A T Donald, Brockers, Robinson, SJ-D& Gaines ..........adding a veteran like Watts just seems :zany: .

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Love Watt, but not for us.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What makes you say that?
It was reported on GMFB this morning. He wants clarity on his role going forward and they were talking about what’s next for him.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
It was reported on GMFB this morning. He wants clarity on his role going forward and they were talking about what’s next for him.
Ah, thanks. Didn’t see the show this morning and needed some context. (y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d rather have TJ on the cheap...

Psycho_X

Legend
He has one year left on his contract at $17.5 million. It's straight base salary so if we traded for him it's all on us so obviously not going to happen. But Texans could cut him which would net them that in cap space and make him a free agent. At that point maybe we can pitch a "come here for "cheap" and win yourself a super bowl". But that's probably stretching it too. Our cap room is nonexistent so it'd have to be cheaper than he'd want to take i'm guessing. But you never know.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He has one year left on his contract at $17.5 million. It's straight base salary so if we traded for him it's all on us so obviously not going to happen. But Texans could cut him which would net them that in cap space and make him a free agent. At that point maybe we can pitch a "come here for "cheap" and win yourself a super bowl". But that's probably stretching it too. Our cap room is nonexistent so it'd have to be cheaper than he'd want to take i'm guessing. But you never know.
I could see them cutting him loose if he’s not in their long range plans. Gotta believe he’d enjoy playing along side AD99. And the Rams aren’t playing to make the playoffs. A deal that gives them room to make other moves improves Watts opportunity to get a ring.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t understand why anyone is saying Watt is on the downside of his career and he’s not the same player, blah blah blah. He’s the AFC defensive player of the year!

If he was on a line with AD he would be a terror and free up AD. That would be an unreal combination! Even if it was only or a year or two I would absolutely love it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would I love to have him? Sure. But we can't afford him.