JJ: Players not allowed to speak with Kroenke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Lol JJ has been so butthurt towards the Rams ever since he felt insulted during contract negotiations. Go home bro and keep our name out of your mouth.

There's no doubt Stan is a hands off owner with less interest in his players than other owners, but take a look at his portfolio. Can you blame him? Dude owns like 20 sports teams and is always busy with business ventures. Guys like Jerreh Jones and Bob Kraft are old and senile, and have their respective franchises as their pride and joy so they glue themselves to the daily routines of their players.

Further proof this isn't exactly the case, hard knocks when Tavon took a moment to personally thank Stan for his new contract.

Go home Florio you butthurt sorry excuse for a reporter.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
The only people allowed to talk to Enos are Demoff, Goodell and Jerruh Jones.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That actually wouldn't shock me, when the Rams were in St Louis Kroenke was busy working on getting approval to move and everything that went along with that. So they probably just told them to leave him be. Stan has been more available since the move to LA, doing press conferences, on the field more, etc.

Plus if I was a coach I'd probably want to keep Jenkins from the owner as well, good corner but not someone you can trust not to say something stupid.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see how this would surprise people. Read about his soccer franchise or the nuggets show me more than 1 time when you saw kroneke with any player from any 1 of his pro sports franchise. I don't care about what we see in La cause all of that is showing up in the media him trying to be more visual because they moved to LA. Like I said it doesn't make him a bad person but that's definitely in his personality

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect Fish is behind this at least partially. He always seemed to be in jackrabbit's corner and it wouldn't surprise me if Jenks still had a lot of respect for Fish but not the Rams who lowballed him.

Either way, though, whatever. Didn't seem to be the case when Tavon got his extension, the dude ran up and hugged Stan publicly. It's probably just another example of piling on, kickin the team when they're down.

fearsomefour

Legend
JJ can barely put a sentence together. That said what does it matter if the owner hangs out or not. For every guy like JJ that may like it there would be a guy that would not. Feel like a guy who doesn't know the game is standing there passing judgement.
Isent playing for your teammates and coaches what it is all about?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I say this because, I recall during Hard Knocks when Tavon got a contract ext.
He went up to Stan and shook his hand and thanked him.

Yep forgot about that.Stan seem to be very personable to tavon.

Anyone remember Tavon Austin going up to him and giving him a huge hug for his contract?
Florio put a qualifier on this...He explained that the Hard Knocks shot of Tavon thanking Stan could be just a opportunity for him to appear player friendly for the cameras...

This is one account. Why not ask some of the other players, find out if its really true?
This could clear some of it up...And I'd ask former players...Long...JL55...Cook. I'd doubt current players are at liberty to speak freely on this subject.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
JJ can barely put a sentence together. That said what does it matter if the owner hangs out or not. For every guy like JJ that may like it there would be a guy that would not. Feel like a guy who doesn't know the game is standing there passing judgement.
Isent playing for your teammates and coaches what it is all about?

I feel 31/32 owners are invested in their team, not just financially, but emotionally as well. I can't stand Bobby Kraft but the atmosphere he created at his place is unreal. Same with Arthur Blank, who you always see on the sidelines. Michael Bidwill, hanging out with his players and high-fiving them. The Rooneys who live and breathe the Steelers. And almost every other team you sense some sort of "aura" that comes from their stadium. Obviously the Packers top that list, but teams like Buffalo, Denver, hell even Tampa Bay have it as well.

And what is Stan's "vision"? Create a multi-venue entertainment district to lure NCAA finals, college football championships, Super Bowls, Olympics, hold concerts, etc. We read about all that razzle dazzle but what about the football team he owns, you know the one that's gonna call it their home?

Teams are built from top to bottom, starting with owners. I don't feel like Stan is fully invested emotionally in this team like his counterparts, and that IMO is a problem which isn't gonna be solved by firing a coach.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Rooneys who live and breathe the Steelers.

I'm not sure I could ever cheer for another football team but if i had to make a choice i'd have a hard time not choosing the Steelers because of the Rooneys. Such a classy organization that truly loves the game, the fans, and their players. Would give a left body part to have someone like them owner of the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where does it actually say he's not allowed to talk to Kroenke, because of Kroenke?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
raw

LOL the amount of butt hurt, assumptions and just general pettiness is truly entertaining.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
For one, he says Jerry Reese is the "owner" he sees all the time around the facility .... o_O And that he never saw people from the Rams FO around the Rams' facility or practice field ...... should be debunked by all thte pictures we have seen from Rams practices over the past 5 yrs ... Demoff and Snead ( by JJ's reasoning, are the "co-owners) And Stan Kroenke just isn't that much of a hands on owner. Not all owner's of sports franchises are always around the team. I never hear much about Paul Allen at the Shehawks practices .... :rolleyes::whistle: But oh well ... I guess JJ is not bitter at all that he didn't get the money from the Rams:blah:

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Although I severely dislike Enos Stanley Kroenke, for obvious reasons, I don't see why this matters. Every owner is different, and the quality of an owner should be judged based on whether or not he puts good football people in charge of the day-to-day operations of his team. It's pretty clear that Kroenke is, at the very least, awkward around people, but being an oddball doesn't necessarily make you a bad owner.
What are these "obvious" reasons????