Jimmy Lake and Aubrey Pleasant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Well, Lake is not going to be a DB coach. His title is Assistant Head Coach. I find this interesting because Jimmy is a very good defensive coach but was unprepared to be a HC at Washington. Now he will be mentored by one of the best in Sean McVay. I like Jimmy Lake and feel if he can learn from McVay the ins and outs of being a HC in the NFL he could be very good. This will make him a target for NFL teams in a year or two. It could also backstop the Rams should McVay once again get wandering feet. This sounds like Snead/Kronke getting Sean to hand pick an potential successor. It also gives them an option to Morris next year if he gets hired away or fired.

Either way I see Jimmy joining the Rams as a good thing.

Aubrey Pleasant returns as DB coach and passing game coordinator. He was very good when he worked under Wade Phillips, and the DBs played both man and zone concepts. He's another that could take over at DC. I like his return and hope he does a good job. He coached the DBs under Phillips to play aggressively, but Peters and NRC sabotaged Phillips and Pleasant. Both Peters and NRC, like Kendrick were more interested in splash plays and were undisciplined. Kendrick needs to quit going rogue and to give 100% effort 100% of the time. Hopefully, Pleasant can coach up the young players, and get them to contribute at a high level. I still feel Morris is squandering some very important years for Rochell by burying him on the depth chart.

I find it interesting that Pleasant took the blame for the defensive woes whereas Campbell's friend Aaron Glenn who was DC gets a raise. Pleasant was following Glenn's lead but gets the blame? After watching some Lion games IMO it was the scheme as much as the players either inexperience or lack of talent. Either way it's the DC's job to know his roster and play to their strengths.

McVay is doing the same thing with Morris. Blaming the failings of Morris' scheme on his assistants. People wonder about the lack of sack production but don't understand the cause has more to do with Morris' uber soft zone scheme and not AD and Floyd getting old. Also, how is Floyd supposed to get sacks when Morris has him dropping into coverage? They are short handed in pass rushers but drop one of their best into coverage? A big ass DUHHH on that.

I keep hoping for change but to expect it is futile.