Jimmy Kimmel chokes back tears while talking about the Killing of Cecil the Lion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
it's definitely a sad thing seeing a great beast like that killed no doubt. but what's even more sad is that Kimmel, celebrities and society as a whole gets more upset and had a larger outcry over stuff like this but don't even blink an eye seeing videos of mutilated aborted baby parts and the sale of them right here in our own backyard... but maybe I'm just the one with priorities out of wack

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As for the animal rights issues, to me it's a first world type of crusade. It's a second tier problem, IMO.

Not true. Many developing countries have a deep respect for animals. They are considered sacred, respected, and sometimes worshiped. And it's also the 1st world creating the problem in the first place.

but maybe I'm just the one with priorities out of wack

Why can't this be a priority too? I mean, lions or any other animal are on this planet for a reason. Doesn't give humans the right to kill them for no reason.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not true. Many developing countries have a deep respect for animals. They are considered sacred, respected, and sometimes worshiped. And it's also the 1st world creating the problem in the first place.

Why can't this be a priority too? I mean, lions or any other animal are on this planet for a reason. Doesn't give humans the right to kill them for no reason.
Right, everything is a priority.
Nothing changes.

RamzFanz

Damnit
OMG, people! Lions kill beautiful animals all the time! They drag them down with their claws, bite down on their necks and suffocate them to death. They tear their throats out! Even eat them while they are still alive! If you feel for this lion, feel for its victims.

We eat cows and pigs and chickens who live horrible lives. The lion and the gazelle are both wonderful just like the cow, pig, and chicken.

Trophy hunting, to me, is a despicable behavior. Disgusting. I have been in homes where stuffed lions are displayed and many where deer heads are. The difference in my mind are the ones with deer heads ate the animal and were just admiring them. The ones with lions wanted to impress me.

Hunting should be done with the sad realization that the hunted are giving their life to feed others and there is nothing impressive in the trophy unless it represents a meal well served from an an elusive opponent. A lion's head is like me mounting a Kentucky Fried Chicken meal.

Any fool who wants a trophy should be dropped with a spoon and a meat necklace in grizzly bear country and earn it. THEN I would be impressed. Any idiot can shoot a gun.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I never said other countries didn't have respect for animals.

Most 3rd world countries don't have anything near the regulations we do.

I do think it's mostly a first world worry. Only someone with adequate drinking water, plenty to eat, and an expectation of remaining somewhat free of crippling disease donates extra money for animal charity.

As to it being mostly caused by the first world I disagree. If it wasn't for pressure from 1st world organizations the abuses in the 3rd world would be much worse.

RamzFanz

Damnit
A cow is not a wild animal but a domesticated animal - we use it for leather, tallow, food, fuel, pets, all sorts of things.

A lion is a wild animal - has absolutely no use to humans outside of a trophy - you don't milk a lion. These creatures are under God's dominion

* side note, there is a huge movement away from your "cheeseburger" theory - people want their cows and pigs and chickens treated well. People are demanding quality food and ethical sourcing more and more. McDonald's is going down the tubes - nothing they do is working, people are leaving in droves and the kids don't want to eat there.

I personally raise all my own animals. Cows, pigs, chickens, lamb, turkeys, and goat - and I love them all. But I eat the bulls, the pigs, the eggs, the lamb. It's basically backyard to table. The cool thing is when we sit down for dinner and give our thanks we always mention the name of the animal we are eating. So what I'm getting at is there are lots of us who are seeking a better way to live without denying ourselves a burger.

But there is no such thing as lion burgers - apples and oranges

You can milk anything with nipples.

CXf1OMx.gif

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit

I do think it's mostly a first world worry. Only someone with adequate drinking water, plenty to eat, and an expectation of remaining somewhat free of crippling disease donates extra money for animal charity.

As to it being mostly caused by the first world I disagree. If it wasn't for pressure from 1st world organizations the abuses in the 3rd world would be much worse.

There are many nations with almost zero wild animals in many areas. Go to a Chinese city and try to find a squirrel. My step mother is from China and the wildlife here freaked her out. She had no idea that they had eaten all the wildlife there.

We were like, please don't stew the squirrels, we like them.

Last edited:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Neighbors around me, more than a handful leave their dogs in the backyard all day and night. Typical Arizona summer heat. Is this animal cruelty, are they living a slow death?
I'm not going to get into the politics, that's not my style or who I am.

Just seems utterly pointless having a dog(s) just to have them sit back there miserable all day. Mine are spoiled (their own evap cooler in the kitchen) , I even wait until after 10pm for their walk and at 5am. They are exhausted after a casual 20 minutes. Part of me still feels bad but they need that exercise.

This lion stuff is very sad. I guess in the same lines as gutless sport hunting for all other beautiful creatures as well. There was a movie with Ice T where hunters hunted down the less fortunate; homeless, ex convicts or whatever else for sport. It wasn't exactly an Oscar winner but...it put things into perspective, at least for me.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

you're spinning my words. never said it couldn't be a priority but priorities have an order of importance and I would assume an in innocent human life is a little higher on the totem then an animal both for you and most people. and my point was you sure as hell didn't see any celebrities or Kimmell crying over that or make any statements about that. but the lion chokes him up but the other he doesn't mention or talk about or cry over. they both aren't priority for him just the lion. that's simply my point.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
OMG, people! Lions kill beautiful animals all the time! They drag them down with their claws, bite down on their necks and suffocate them to death. They tear their throats out! Even eat them while they are still alive! If you feel for this lion, feel for its victims.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Right, everything is a priority.
Nothing changes.

Not sure if being sarcastic?

That wasn't my point. I'm just saying animal rights isn't just a 1st world problem. The animal influence in developing countries is huge and in turn the animals benefit.

you're spinning my words. never said it couldn't be a priority but priorities have an order of importance and I would assume an in innocent human life is a little higher on the totem then an animal both for you and most people. and my point was you sure as hell didn't see any celebrities or Kimmell crying over that or make any statements about that. but the lion chokes him up but the other he doesn't mention or talk about or cry over. they both aren't priority for him just the lion. that's simply my point.

I wasn't meaning to twist your words, and if you felt that way, I apologize.

I just don't agree when one person wants to talk about saving or helping animals, there is always people that tries to diverts attention to something else. To me, one shouldn't be blanketed over the other, human or animal. And also to me, all lives matter. That's all I'm saying.