Jim Thomas: Strange Dynamic Surrounding Rams Lack of Urgency --Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Perhaps we are arguing about two different things. I could care less about the tone of his pieces - I just want better access. More info.

I base my beef with JT (and Wagoner, btw) on two things. 1. Other teams - I get a lot better info on other teams than I can my own. Maybe the Rams are more standoffish but Peter King gets access somehow. 2. My own experience - I had a high profile case a while back and the media went to lengths you wouldn't believe. We weren't talking but that wasn't good enough. They stalked my office staff, tried talking to my wife, and - yes - they even offered my cleaning lady money for inside access.

Btw - you wouldn't believe the kind of info you can get from families and admin staff - they have ears and people talk.

We most likely are arguing about two different things. I'm talking about people who get upset because the guy isn't overflowing with boundless enthusiasm.

I really do believe the Rams have a policy of being standoffish towards St Louis media. It serves their interests. I think the relocation has to be taken into account when talking about access to inside sources and coaching staff. I also believe that this group holds its cards very close and only deals with certain people. By design. I don't think a PD reporter of any name sniffs this team.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@blue4 - I don't think there is a conspiracy against STL media on the Rams part - I just think STL media kinda sucks. You have to work in that business - and that's my beef. I'm not seeing much work.

But anyway - F* it - Go Rams!!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am certainly no sold on this staff yet.....BUT a new coach means another 3 year plan SIGH!!!!!!!!!!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't think that's really the argument.

But it's more like cutting off the foot to feed the body. (So grossly drafting D over O). I get wanting to develop one unit as elite 1st (though I've yet to see "elite" anything from this team since Fisher got here outside of Quinn and Donald).

Backed themselves into a wall starting a bunch of 2nd and 1st year NFL guys on the line.

Hell, in retrospect, I go after big, nasty, fugly O-Lineman before actual skill player weapons.

What's better? Elite skill player, or a Dallas O-Line that my grandma with a walker could gain 4.5 yards behind.

Yup, a good example was back during the G. Allen era. He packed the O line with vets, they might have only had two or perhaps three years of productivity left at the level he expected, but the won and right out of the chute!

Irish

Starter
If I knew my job that I have held in my hometown for 20+ years was in jeopardy because an owner simply didn't like my hometown anymore, I would be a little salty myself.

This entire saga has made the most professional of us paranoid, the most loyal of us jaded and apathetic, and so on and so on. So often on this forum we lose sight of the fact that, regardless of what happens to the on field product, if the team packs it's bags there will be lots of good, hardworking people out of a job. JT is one of those guys, I have to imagine.