Jim Hanifan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
101.jpg

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2011/12/12222011175818.mp3[/mp3]

Anonymous

"backup to a backup to a backup starting at QB"

Looks like the very predictable has happened if quote from Farr is accurate. Too bad we don't have T. Lewis getting reps now. Unimpressed with Spags roster management. :grr:

Me loves me some Hanny! Thanks X!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
squeaky wheel said:

Looks like the very predictable has happened if quote from Farr is accurate. Too bad we don't have T. Lewis getting reps now. Unimpressed with Spags roster management. :grr:

Welcome. I'm curious as to what Thad would be able to do now as well, but are we really stoked about his past achievements? Does he have any? He was able to scramble around and avoid 3rd & 4th string pass rushers, but would he do anything against the 49ers? Feeley allegedly *beat* New Orleans, and Clemens is WAY more experienced than Lewis. Are you suggesting Lewis would have a bunch of wins right now, or are you just curious?

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:

Welcome. I'm curious as to what Thad would be able to do now as well, but are we really stoked about his past achievements? Does he have any? He was able to scramble around and avoid 3rd & 4th string pass rushers, but would he do anything against the 49ers? Feeley allegedly *beat* New Orleans, and Clemens is WAY more experienced than Lewis. Are you suggesting Lewis would have a bunch of wins right now, or are you just curious?

Well X it's common knowledge that squeaky being the cheap bastard he is would put much emphasis on retaining a CHEAP backup QB who showed promise in the preseason. Now that our season is in the shitter this game experience could well provide dividends in the future. Oh and again....ON THE CHEAP! I think back to KW playing quite ineffectually in '98.....only to catch up to speed quickly in '99. It's what 91, myself and others have been saying about the HORRIBLE lack of player development over this span of crappy seasons. (Oh not to you X...but to the poster that claimed Larry Grant couldn't play in Spags system.....seems to be getting it done starting now for the division champs! :razzed: ) So for me the experience given to a real prospect like Lewis makes much more sense rather than another body on STs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:

Well X it's common knowledge that squeaky being the cheap bastard he is would put much emphasis on retaining a CHEAP backup QB who showed promise in the preseason. Now that our season is in the shitter this game experience could well provide dividends in the future. Oh and again....ON THE CHEAP! I think back to KW playing quite ineffectually in '98.....only to catch up to speed quickly in '99. It's what 91, myself and others have been saying about the HORRIBLE lack of player development over this span of crappy seasons. (Oh not to you X...but to the poster that claimed Larry Grant couldn't play in Spags system.....seems to be getting it done starting now for the division champs! :razzed: ) So for me the experience given to a real prospect like Lewis makes much more sense rather than another body on STs.
Grant couldn't play in Spags system and that's why he's gone. SF's system is not close to Spags system.
I said he couldn't play in Spags system, I'm the one you singled out. I didn't let him go though. The coaches don't take my advice, but I was the one that informed the posters here that he kept screwing up, when a lot of people here thought he was a future Pro Bolwler for us. Mardy got let go for the same damn reason, not smart enough to play here in the systems that the Rams run. Harsh reality, but true. Same reason that a lot of players don't thrive in certain systems.

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:

Grant couldn't play in Spags system and that's why he's gone. SF's system is not close to Spags system.

OK....so Grant can play in a system that can stop the run while winning the division. Just what was I thinking? :lmao:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:

OK....so Grant can play in a system that can stop the run while winning the division. Just what was I thinking? :lmao:
Yeah, that's brilliant analytical thinking. Keep it up.

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:

You act as if Grant is some outlier here. He isn't. Rams cut or release too many players that can play for others. Perhaps Spags sustem that is so complicated but can't stop the run should be tweaked?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:

You act as if Grant is some outlier here. He isn't. Rams cut or release too many players that can play for others. Perhaps Spags sustem that is so complicated but can't stop the run should be tweaked?
I'm not acting like anything. Other teams cut or release players that are better suited someplace else all the time. Just how it is. If you're asking if I think that the Rams have made some mistakes, which you aren't, I do, but Grant wasn't one of them.

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
I'm not acting like anything. Other teams cut or release players that are better suited someplace else all the time. Just how it is. If you're asking if I think that the Rams have made some mistakes, which you aren't, I do, but Grant wasn't one of them.

We disagree. We need players. Grant is proving to be a starter. We can't afford to lose starters. We have players that a system must work with. Not a system that begs for players. And worse in the Rams D case is old players.[/quote]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
squeaky wheel said:
And worse in the Rams D case is old players.
What?

M. Johnson - 23
Quinn - 23
Gordy - 24
Atchison - 24
Hull - 24
Laurinaitis - 25
Stewart - 25
Scott - 25
Sims - 25
Fletcher - 25
Chamberlain - 26
Long - 26
Kehl - 27
Bartell - 29
Butler - 29
Ah You - 29
G. Gibson - 29

Here's your age
Mikell - 31
Poppinga - 32
Bannan - 32
Robbins - 34
Hall - 34
Al Harris - 37 (gone)

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

We disagree. We need players. Grant is proving to be a starter. We can't afford to lose starters. We have players that a system must work with. Not a system that begs for players. And worse in the Rams D case is old players.
[/quote]

I would hesitate to say Grant is proving to be a starter. I'm not an expert on the 49ers, but I believe Grant is in because Willis is hurt. He's not going to start over Willis either. He does however have a very good defense to help him out. I'm not saying he isn't playing well, but he's a backup, and unless there is injury or a trade he will always be a backup on that team.

It's like Robinson. Pure stats says we shouldn't have cut him. But looking at it, a big part of why he is doing so well is because he is the 4th best pass catcher on the team behind Witten, Bryant, and Austin. He's always open because everyone is focused on the other guys so much more than him. 49ers have a strong defense to help Grant out and make his mental game much easier.

But again that doesnt matter because he is only starting as long as Willis is nursing his hammy. Then he's back to the bench, with maybe a few plays here or there.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

We disagree. We need players. Grant is proving to be a starter. We can't afford to lose starters. We have players that a system must work with. Not a system that begs for players. And worse in the Rams D case is old players.

But again that doesnt matter because he is only starting as long as Willis is nursing his hammy. Then he's back to the bench, with maybe a few plays here or there.[/quote]

Heard that about KW and Bulger too. Point is he's making the most of his opportunity proving the 49ers signing him as depth is paying off.

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

But again that doesnt matter because he is only starting as long as Willis is nursing his hammy. Then he's back to the bench, with maybe a few plays here or there.

Heard that about KW and Bulger too. Point is he's making the most of his opportunity proving the 49ers signing him as depth is paying off.

Difference is Trent Green wasn't an All-Pro top 3 QB. Willis is a top 3 LB to most people.

But in the end when it comes to Grant. He's not a Ram. He didn't do anything as a Ram. Now he's a 49er and I don't remember maybe tears shed when he left and they signed him. So now he's a 49er, and because he's a 49er he can go fuck himself. Fuck Grant and fuck the 49ers. I wouldn't want that trash on my team anyway.

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
And worse in the Rams D case is old players.
What?

M. Johnson - 23
Quinn - 23
Gordy - 24
Atchison - 24
Hull - 24
Laurinaitis - 25
Stewart - 25
Scott - 25
Sims - 25
Fletcher - 25
Chamberlain - 26
Long - 26
Kehl - 27
Bartell - 29
Butler - 29
Ah You - 29
G. Gibson - 29

Here's your age
Mikell - 31
Poppinga - 32
Bannan - 32
Robbins - 34
Hall - 34
Al Harris - 37 (gone)

That's all of them? What aboutLeber? All I remember is reading we have the oldest or next oldest in the league or maybe the conference? Point is we went away from youth this season in a big way and now it's a compounding predicament to address for another season.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

Difference is Trent Green wasn't an All-Pro top 3 QB. Willis is a top 3 LB to most people.

But in the end when it comes to Grant. He's not a Ram. He didn't do anything as a Ram. Now he's a 49er and I don't remember maybe tears shed when he left and they signed him. So now he's a 49er, and because he's a 49er he can go freak himself. freak Grant and freak the 49ers. I wouldn't want that trash on my team anyway.

Seriously. :roll: We don't need players! We're locking up last place AGAIN. We average 3 wins a season for YEARS. We don't need players! :what:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
squeaky wheel said:
Seriously. :roll: We don't need players! We're locking up last place AGAIN. We average 3 wins a season for YEARS. We don't need players! :what:
And we're talking about Larry Grant as a Ram. Last year, he flashed some, but looked out of place (and position) far too often. And that was after 2 years in this defense.

Let's not forget he's playing in a 3-4. Seems he's more suited to ILB, where he wouldn't be starting here at all. You're playing out a spilled milk hand, which turns sour all too soon.