Jim Brown has passed away at 87

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Yeah, I used to argue that with my uncle who was a big Jim Brown fan. However, you can't hold it against him that he was way ahead of his time.

You could say the same about Deacon Jones who was being blocked by 260lb OTs who the the only weights they lifted in the off season were 12 Oz beer cans.

He was 6-5 275 and way ahead of his time as well. He also would not be nearly as effective going against 6-7 325 lb OTs who are much more athletic than their 1960'scV counterparts.
the Deacon was 6'5" @ 250 lbs., and i todays game would have been an edge rusher in McVay's scheme
train

Nowhere close, man. He was involved with domestic abuse and I can't stand for that at all because of people that are a part of my life. However, he knew he made mistakes, and from what I have heard on Serious/XM 88, he had attoned for it. I also believe in second chances, and it should happen more than not. Brown was a great football player, actor, and activist. I can't believe you are only going to see the negative in this man's life.
Please, people on this board, hate our new back up QB because he had a few drinks and did not graduate from college in 7 years.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Great football player but terrible human. His arrest record and additional accusations are almost longer than his achievements on the field. Why do people always forget these things so easily.
Pretty strong voice and advocate on civil rights and racial equality issues.

If it's important to take into account all things (and it is) then that also warrants mention.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I used to argue that with my uncle who was a big Jim Brown fan. However, you can't hold it against him that he was way ahead of his time.

You could say the same about Deacon Jones who was being blocked by 260lb OTs who the the only weights they lifted in the off season were 12 Oz beer cans.

He was 6-5 275 and way ahead of his time as well. He also would not be nearly as effective going against 6-7 325 lb OTs who are much more athletic than their 1960's counterparts.
I'm not holding it against him. He was an awesome player in his time. But running over a 237 lb DT isn't the same as running over a 307 lb DT. JB was 232 lbs. I'm just saying 'in his time' he was phenominal. Would it equate the same now? I doubt it. But some people make it sound like they're sure it would. I don't buy it. But he doesn't play now, so we'll never know.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Jim Brown was a stud not only on the football field but on the screen and what he did for inner city gangs, trying to get them together to try to keep the peace and help them along. His autobiography was a fun read. His and Stabler's I enjoyed very much. Sucks that he passed; I too thought he was indestructible. This one hurts... RIP Mr. Brown.

nighttrain

Legend
and Stabler's I enjoyed very much.
this reminds me of how a long time ago, Kenny Stabler gave me the crabs. ya read that right, me and Stabler were both cohabiting with same chick, I got the damn things from her, cut her the hell loose!
train

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
this reminds me of how a long time ago, Kenny Stabler gave the crabs. ya read that right, me and Stabler were both cohabiting with same chick, I got the damn things from her, cut her the hell loose!
train
forgot about getting rid of them, used 151 Bacardi as shampoo for a week!

train

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All those Chuck Norris tough guy memes out there. Chuck's got nothing on Jim Brown. He was a badass.

Tano

Legend
Please, people on this board, hate our new back up QB because he had a few drinks and did not graduate from college in 7 years.
Hate is a strong word

I think only 1 person on this board hates Stetson

I just think he is a bit of an idiot. I don't hate idiots.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hate is a strong word

I honestly don’t have hate for Bennett. Do I disagree with some of his life choices? Sure. But I don’t hate the guy. There isn’t enough time in this world to hate people.

nighttrain

Legend
Hate is a strong word

i went to college for 5 years and did not graduate, it happens. First a major change form accounting to pure math, then got a summer job and never went back. Money was a problem.
train

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
i went to college for 5 years and did not graduate, it happens. First a major change form accounting to pure math, then got a summer job and never went back. Money was a problem.
train
Plus, as you explained earlier, you were dealing with crabs.

Tano

Legend
train
Your circumstance is probably massively different than all the college football players who do not graduate (and there are a ton of them)

nighttrain

Legend
Your circumstance is probably massively different than all the college football players who do not graduate (and there are a ton of them)
was just sayin, it can happen, and no matter what, Bennett and all others have just four years of NCAA eligibility, so I'm not sure what the whole deal is about.

Bennett was a walk on, no FB scholarship to depend on.
train