Jets still hoping they can trade Tebow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 3, 2013, 10:38 AM EST
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/03/jets-still-hoping-they-can-trade-tebow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ade-tebow/</a>

[wrapimg=right]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/tebow2.jpg?w=233[/wrapimg]Last year, the Jets and Jaguars were the only two teams interested in acquiring Tim Tebow in a trade from the Broncos. Now that the Jets want to get rid of him and the Jaguars have already said they won’t acquire him, does that mean the Jets have no hope of getting anything for Tebow in a trade?

Probably. But that doesn’t mean the Jets won’t try.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Jets do not plan to release Tebow before the start of the new league year in March because they still hope they can trade him.

That hope, however, seems incredibly unrealistic. The Jets will almost certainly find that no one is interested, and then release Tebow at some point in the spring.

At that point, Tebow would become an unrestricted free agent, and he still might not draw any interest. One NFL general manager told Schefter, “I think his career is over without playing another position.”

But before he can play another position, he has to find another team. That won’t be easy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shoot. I'd bring him in as a TE/HB if he was willing to make the switch.

THAT guy is Johnny Football.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I could see him ending up in New England.

But, yeah, nobody is going to trade for the guy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
I could see him ending up in New England.

But, yeah, nobody is going to trade for the guy.
No freaking way. Tammy Brady wouldn't put up with that for one second.
And on a semi-related note, just watch what happens to Brady's appeal in 2016. They'll get around it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I really want to see the GM that makes a trade with the Jets. Come on. In the name of sports entertainment - Make it happen.

It cracks me up though. You know what they're really thinking is, "Can we get anyone to want Sanchez and his $13 mil cap hit?" Maybe we could pull off a two player trade and ship them both off."

Personally, I think converting him to TE/HB would make sense but only if he's willing of course. Does anyone know if he can actually catch a pass? If he can, his athletic ability should do the rest. $2.5 mil for a potentially special weapon on offense? Doesn't sound outlandish.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Does anyone know if he can actually catch a pass?
Well, he might need a little work in that regard. :rofl:

[nfl]0ap1000000065045[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap1000000065045/Tebow-takes-one-off-the-helmet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphin ... the-helmet</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
Eh, I think he's done. The problem is that he's a huge distraction, even if he plays another position he'll want to get wildcat time, and fans will call for him to play QB at times, it's just not worth it in my opinion. If a GM is desperate maybe, but he's more of a circus act now.

RamsLife

UDFA
X said:

I agree. Always been a fan of Tebow. Wouldn't give up a draft pick for him (since no team will anyways) but I would def consider signing him if I was Snead or Fisher. If he continues to work on his mechanics, I really feel he could develop into a solid #2 QB. Hell, the packages we could use for him on short yardage plays and in the RZ would be limitless.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamsLife said:
X said:

I agree. Always been a fan of Tebow. Wouldn't give up a draft pick for him (since no team will anyways) but I would def consider signing him if I was Snead or Fisher. If he continues to work on his mechanics, I really feel he could develop into a solid #2 QB. Hell, the packages we could use for him on short yardage plays and in the RZ would be limitless.

He's got a place in the NFL somewhere.

But..

I don't want the circus that surrounds Tebow in STL. I also don't want to hear the whack jobs out there screaming for Tebow after the first bad game Sam has.

Me: no thank you!

RamsLife

UDFA
CGI_Ram said:
RamsLife said:
X said:

But..

I don't want the circus that surrounds Tebow in STL. I also don't want to hear the whack jobs out there screaming for Tebow after the first bad game Sam has.

Knowing the media, even if Tebow did come here, all the hype would go away very fast seeing they (the media) haven't cared about us since the GSOT days.

But as far as the fans go? Think you may have a point there. The Bradford bashers will be going crazy after every "bad" game Bradford may have and be calling for Tebow non-stop. That def wouldn't be a positive.

Hram

UDFA
I don't think he'll every be good enough to be a #2 QB with the possible exception that Kelly decides to bring a lot more zone read to Phili. Tebow would probably do well in that offense and he's big enough to take the hits, at least for a while.

Otherwise, he is a wild cat, short yardage, change of pace player. I'm not sure of the distraction of having him on your team (including him wanting to start) would be worth the gain.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hram said:
I don't think he'll every be good enough to be a #2 QB with the possible exception that Kelly decides to bring a lot more zone read to Phili. Tebow would probably do well in that offense and he's big enough to take the hits, at least for a while.

Otherwise, he is a wild cat, short yardage, change of pace player. I'm not sure of the distraction of having him on your team (including him wanting to start) would be worth the gain.
Yeah, that was my thinking as well before Jacksonville decided they didn't want to increase their ticket sales by 90%. He would have been a pretty good QB for a team that tailored their offense to what he does. Just install a Gator Offense, and let it rip. Tebow (love him or hate him) just makes shit happen.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hram said:

Good point about Kelly. Could be about the best fit. And Philly has so many distractions no one would notice. :sly:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
Hram said:

Yeah, that was my thinking as well before Jacksonville decided they didn't want to increase their ticket sales by 90%. He would have been a pretty good QB for a team that tailored their offense to what he does. Just install a Gator Offense, and let it rip. Tebow (love him or hate him) just makes shit happen.

Those extra dozen or so tickets sold per game can really make a difference on the bottom line. :lmao:

I'm figuring a year or so in the CFL will have Timmy ready to play RB/TE. Unless he wants to find some other job that would pay 2 mil and get you chicks.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
CGI_Ram said:
RamsLife said:
X said:

But..

I totally agree.

I'm sure Mr. Tebow is a fine young man, however that does not mean he's a good QB. You are also right about the circus it would bring. - No thank you.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know he's not a great QB, but I do enjoy watching him play there - he's got an "X" factor - he makes plays, whether they're by the skin of his teeth or not, but you'd have to have the rest of the team play around him, not try and mould him into a set offence... Do I want him in STL? not really, but I wouldn't want to see him slide out of the NFL either...

nighttrain

Legend
X said:

if we get for a low draft pick, or better a FA, worth a shot at HB/FB/TE..guy has the smarts..But he has to be OK with the change of position
train